Friday, January 25, 2008

Sunday, one of our days at the beach, doing some snorkeling! : )


On Sunday we got right down to business and made it a beach day! Good thing, we bought these snorkeling sets at Kmart the day before, one is for kids and the other is for adults. And the cute goggles with a seahorse and crab was for Noah, now he has his own pair and doesn't have to borrow a pair of Branden's, ha ha ha. Yup, his very own pair of goggles. Boy was he excited about that! : )


This part of the beach is reserved for Hilton guests and has chairs for us to use along the beach. We usually play along the beach here, as it's more private.


I snorkeled with Branden first. Yup, I went first and we actually took so long snorkeling, that Noboru was so anxious, he told me, he was ready for his turn, ha ha ha. I didn't wanna let that snorkel set go, but I did. Ha ha ha. Oh well, when Noah gets older, we can all go, the entire day together. But with a younger kiddo too, like Noah, one of us always needs to not be snorkeling. In this pic, you can see Noboru and B snorkeling side by side. And there's obviously my dad holding Noah. You can't tell but they were really way out in the ocean. Like way out!


I am glad I took this pic, where I zoomed back a bit. Now you can see, they were way out there! And boy the fish we could see while snorkeling. I saw these fish with like "needle nose pliers type faces." Ha ha ha. They swam actually close to the top of the ocean. And then I saw many colorful fish. And I saw this fish that laid in the sand, looked just like the sand, but I could tell he was indeed, not the sand though, I observed him lay on the ocean floor, so still. It was marvelous to watch this. Branden got to see all the sorts of different types of fish. And he absolutely loved it! I also saw this aggressive fish that went around eating every fish on the bottom of the ocean, he was like a white fish vacuum cleaner and he had whiskers. He was very aggressive, almost like a bully fish, ha ha ha. I observed him for about 10 minutes, I followed him for a while. It was so cool and wicked to get to see all the stuff happening down below. I coulda done that all day, but I had to share the snorkeling set with Noboru. So we took 30 minute turns back and forth throughout the day : )

Fins are best, but crocs are great for this too and they protected all our feet. We made both boys wear them too.

Hi Noboru! And boy, we could not get Branden to leave this beach. Good thing we spent another day on the beach as well. Branden snorkeled all day long.

The water is very clean and very clear! Makes snorkeling so much fun! : )

That's our stuff on the chairs right there! That way we could keep an eye on our stuff the whole time. And it's such a private part of the beach, nobody else was around. Ha ha ha. : )

After a full day at the beach. Dad, went home and got himself showered, he had a date that night with a lady from his church. And we were starved because swimming makes people super hungry. We got a good workout, and were hungry. So, we stopped at KFC for some dinner. I miss KFC in America. Mostly because I miss the side dishes they sell there. In Japan our KFC doesn't sell those types of sides, which is fine, but I do miss them sometimes. I had chicken, original recipe, all white meat meal. Mashed potatoes and mac and cheese as my 2 sides. And the buttered biscuit, I took the top off it already, sorry. I ate it. Ha ha ha. Noah had the popcorn chicken and a corn. He also had some of my sides. And we ended up getting him his own mashed potato too, because he loved it so much.

Noah's drink was unsweetened Lipton tea, which was fine for both kids. Noboru and I shared a large free refills, Mt. Dew.

Branden had the chicken strip kids meal and a side mashed potatoes too. And a biscuit and some of Noboru's rice.

Noboru had his own meal and even got a single order of nuggets afterwards. Man, was he starved the most or what? Ha ha ha. We all took hot showers, soaped up and soaked in the hot big bath after. It's a separate glass shower from the bath. Nice bath, so we all soaked in that afterwards. And then we all got our comfy clothes on and flopped on the bed, watching TV for a few hours. Then, I mentioned ice cream something or other, must've got stuck in the hubby's mind, because next thing you know, we all got our flippies on and went to the lobby about 11:30 pm and we got some scoops of ice cream for the boys and some icecream cones for Noboru and I, at the cafe in the lobby. And we ate them upstairs in our room and munched a few more snacks and watched TV until we all went to sleep. Such a fun and active day! : )