Friday, January 25, 2008

Lunch at the mall, checking out Home Depot, etc.


The boys walking about the Hilton hotel. : )






I saw this car leaving the Hilton and could not help myself from taking a pic. It's a Colorado license plate. That's my home state. I love Colorado!!! Anyway, so many cars from the mainland moving into Guam. So many military families in Guam from the states and just families moving to Guam in general. I saw 2 Oregon license plates while there as well.


We ate a great deal of our lunches at either the GPO mall, or the Micronesia mall, because it's a cheap meal and everyone can choose from an array of different places in the food court, so for us it made sense. This was my meal from lunch one day, it's from the Korean BBQ, plate lunch place. I had the spicy grilled chicken, white rice, and instead of getting 2 sides, I asked for 2 sides of kimchee instead. I love kimchee. I had a very nice healthy grilled lunch. And so yummy! : )


Noah had nachos from Taco Bell and Burger King as well.












Hi Noah!













Hey kiddo, you are such a little charmer!



We went to my husbands dream spot, next. A home improvement store. Ha ha ha. He just loves DIY stores. And my god, they weren't "whistling Dixie" about this one being big! It was so flippin' big, I couldn't even get the whole store, in 1 shot of my camera! It's a monster sized store. Huge!

Noah zonked out, we took turns holding our sleeping wee, 2 and a half year old.

Noboru was just gaga for so many things. He bought quite a bit from here. He bought the thing in this picture. He was in paradise.

They have so many front doors and patio type doors. We oohed and ahhed looking at them all. In about 20 years, if we ever wanna change something in our home, we now, know where to come. It would definitely be this place.

A beautiful stainless GE fridge. Good fridge, but our fridge we have in Japan, is so much bigger then the GE fridge. It's taller for sure, deeper, more room, it's just bigger. And ultimately why we decided to get the Japanese fridge we have at our home in Japan. We just wanted the biggest fridge we could buy, regardless of where it came from, and Japan it was. Plus ours had a wicked ice maker and we make a ton of ice. Cute GE fridge though. My parents both of them have one like this one in the picture, water dispenser and all, but my mom's is almond and my dad's was/is white. Branden wanted to take a pic with it because he said, "this looks like grandpa's fridge" ha ha ha.


I do like American dishwashers though, and they had some nice ones. But I do prefer the GE one I have though back in Japan.

They had some great stoves, but I love my stove, I have though in my house, but heck if I ever need one, I'll know where to go look now, ha ha ha. : )


Noboru checking out an oven, ha ha ha.

So many lights and ceiling fans.
So many things for kids rooms.

Noboru got some halogen light bulbs for the standing light we bought at Costco in Japan a few years back. One of the sides of the light bulb burnt out about a month ago and he got some more bulbs for it here. We left Home Depot around 1:00 pm. And went back to the hotel and switched clothes and headed out to the beach for some snorkeling, yet again. We snorkeled that day for only a few hours, from about 1:30 pm to about 3:30 pm, however, the kids and I were in the water every single day, including the day Noboru arrived. So we really got a lot of beach and pool time. Anyway, after our couple hours of afternoon snorkeling that day, we went back upstairs, took hot showers and went and had dinner. And then went back to the room to watch a night full of TV shows and eat snacks. We were just so active all day, everyday. But it was a fun type active. : )