Friday, January 25, 2008

One of our days spent hanging at the pool! And good news, Noah can swim underwater now and hold his breath without manually plugging his nose! : )


Through this blog, it helps me give you guys updates on the kids. How they are progressing or, what new thing they are learning or other types of achievements. A few month's back, I mentioned Noah could stick his face in the water, in the bath, face first and hold his breath. Now, we never asked him to do it and nobody urged him to try it. But the boys have a pair of goggles in the bathtub along with other fun toys. But Branden, always like to dive in the tub or float. Drop a little plastic Spongebob toy and go and get it. Anyway, Noah as we all know, likes to copy whatever B does. So, of his own accord, he started doing the same. He learned how to hold his breath, did not breath in while, his face was in the water yada yada. And he got it. Often many times, B and I count for one another and hold our breath under water. Noah started copying us. I think I mentioned, one time he could hold his air under water for 11 seconds, lol. Well, it sorta snowballed and grew and grew from there. Okay so now that I tell you that, it will sorta make sense in a few pics down below.


Who is Noboru looking at underwater? It's honestly Noah.


There's Noah. Now you seem em'


Now you don't! And yes, that's our 2 and a half year old! But heck, he got it all on his own!


And coming up for some air and then going back down.


He has no fear of the water, same as his brother! It's really quite amazing actually!


All 5 of us, enjoyed a day at the pool together! We spent quite a few of our days at the pool. The kids couldn't get enough of the water.


Getting a cruise from grandpa.


Playing with grandpa. And I think he just got some water in his eye. They keep my dad, young, or at least feeling young, that is! : )


I see Noboru trying to be a shark and get Branden's leg, ha ha ha! : )


Noboru and Branden had a race! Go Branden! : )


And the race was on! Oh yeah and besides the awesome elderly Japanese couple, that were in this pool. There was an American man in here all alone. Noboru mentioned to me that he was a pro football player. And in the hot tub, we all soaked in later, he sure enough had a "super bowl champion" tattooed on his upper bicep, my roman numeral knowledge is horrible, so I can't tell you which Superbowl he was in. And as I didn't care and am not a type to mob famous people, I just chit chatted with him off and on in the hot tub but didn't really care or go outta my way either. He said, he goes to Guam every 2 weeks around this time. And he was going to be there until Feb 2nd or 4th? Can't remember. I said, "really, wow, sounds great". Listened to some and tuned other people out at times too. My kids are my #1 and who I was paying attention to completely. So, who was that guy? I haven't a clue! But he was very nice though. Not a jerk, very respectful and he spoke with the elderly Japanese couple quite a bit as well. he was really nice. And he never mentioned he was a football player at all, had no ego at all that I could see. It was just the 'super bowl champion" tattoo, and the sheer size of the fella. And the fact he says, he likes to get away, how perfect this place was for peace and quiet. I agreed and nodded my head in the hot tub. So as we all sat and talked about how wonderful Guam, was. I excused myself and went to another pool. It was my time to slide that my favorite slide.

Hi Noah!


The view from the infinity pool was amazing. And to see the ocean, so close up, was and is always the coolest thing. A wonderful way to wind down the evening, to see the sun set, ahhh! This day, we did just that, we stayed in the pools until the sun set.

Earlier in that day, my dad slid down with Branden.
Branden slid down the slide alone! : )

And yet more fun had by Branden!

And we can't forget Noah! Here's my dad, holding Noah!

Grandpa is so safe with you, Noah did you even get a chance to get wet? Ha ha ha! : )

And Noah, said, more, more. So grandpa obliged him!

See? Even when grandpa went under, he still held you up firmly above the water! Ha ha ha.

Hi, Mr. goggles boy! : )
















Noboru took both the boys down the slide one at a time too. As did, I.


Noboru went straight to the bottom. He still managed to keep Noah above water, but his face did get some water splashes, but just a few and he is fine with it anyway.


A dunked and soaked Noboru and an A-okay Noah! : )


And there's Noah swimming yet again. People were watching in amazement. Pointing saying "look at that swimming baby", I kid you not, that's the phrase we kept hearing people say. And although, yes we do consider Noah a toddler, he will always be the baby in our family, that goes without saying. But yeah I think strangers called him like that because they saw this tiny body in the water doing something most of the 8 year olds in the pool with us, that day, couldn't even do. And we saw many big kids just holding for dear life on those intertubes. Meanwhile here was this tiny 2 year old swimming and underwater nonetheless, that got them, I think. It was really unusual for people to see a little 2 year old swimming underwater. My dad, said, wow "everyone is pointing" The whole pool of people were honestly pointing and impressed. Grandpa was so proud. I think every one's seen a kid swim before, sure. Branden swims perfectly and he's only 6. But to see a little 2 year old swimming underwater like that, was like, sheer "wowsa" to everyone at the pool! Even the football player thought it was cool! Ha ha ha. Proud parents we are, and rightfully so. They are good with swimming, that cannot be denied! : )
There goes our swimming baby fish yet again. He starts swimming lessons this coming July. Noah should pick it up really quickly!


This was the view from our hotel that morning, that we snapped. We had a view of the pool, ocean and also the parking area. And we were super high up this time.


A view of both was nice, we could see the ocean, pools and the parking area. Excellent views.


So much swimming for Noah, that he slept through our entire meal at Tony Roma's. Noboru offered to hold him, I accepted because I am usually the one stuck holding him and it was nice he offered. : )


Everyone had the lemonade. Branden ate his meal. My dad was there but I somehow must have forgot taking a pic of my dad, sorry dad!


The rib-y aftermath! Ha ha ha! I had the original baby back ribs, cheesy baked potato and corn. I also had a cup of baked potato soup. We had fresh mini yeasty loafs of bread and butter. We all enjoyed our meal, we talked, we laughed, we ate. After parting ways, we went back to the room and since we showered before dinner, we just put our jammies on. I washed my face and we all just hung out and watched TV for a few hours until going to sleep. And we did get Noah a meal, and he did eat it in the hotel room when he woke up. He woke up to eat and went right back to sleep. It was funny. : )