Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday's bike ride, and a real sincere and heartfelt appreciation and thanks to my mom! : )


Sunday, the weather was gorgeous! Funny weather we've been having lately. One week it's typhoon and heavy rains and then a few days later over the weekend it is lovely and then next thing it's heavy rains again, hmmm. Ha ha ha. Anyway not taking the lovely weather type days for granted (especially since according to the news forecast, we are indeed expecting more heavy rains this week.) So we took advantage of our nice day and the boys and I hopped on our bikes and we rode them to the country little store to get a few snacks. Here's a pic of Branden riding down the country rode. Noah and I followed him on our bike. : )

Branden wanted to carry the snacks in his basket! Just chips and some plain salt roasted peanuts is all. Not much! : ) They went for fun and fresh air and I went for the exercise and fresh air lol! : )

Going a bit up this hill is tough! Grrrr! Ha ha ha! It is definitely steeper then it looks, lol.

And Noah after we just arrived home! : )

Monday morning, I had a date with my girlfriends! We met up at 10am. My very good friends Noriko-san and Mayuko-san! And Mayuko-san's daughter. She's about 3 month's older then Noah, so they will be in the same class this coming fall. Boy is that little girl, a cutie pie! : ) I enjoyed myself at my friends house a lot. We sat and chatted the entire afternoon away. Noriko-san made many delicious things to eat. Homemade banana choco muffins, pigs in blankets, all sorts of stuff. Mayuko-san made a delicious tea cake. So delicious. And I brought them some fresh bakery things from the bakery. Perhaps I better actually bake something next time. Ha ha ha. Anyway, I had a blast and it's good to unwind with friends. And Noboru watched Noah for me at home. Anyways, I had been wanting to blog a thank you for my mom since last Friday. The reason is because #1, she has been sending quite a few things for the boys lately. And #2, she reads my blog, (actually my whole family actually reads my blog, they just prefer email me their comments directly, lol. Well, except my dad. Ha ha ha. )Anyway, this way she can see a picture of the kids with the stuff she sent, gives my mom/their grandma such a big kick! So, that's why. So, I guess this rest of the post is for my mom. Not really interesting for the rest of you, I'm afraid/I know. Sorry guys. : ) But in any case, for you mom! : ) I know you mentioned when we spoke, you said something about robes and swimming coverups. And I know you mentioned you paid a pretty penny for these (and no you weren't complaining, you were just excited and thrilled by your good find). I was only slightly listening to you when you spoke on the thread count and such (sorry)! That sorta stuff interests you, because you are the expert on that stuff mom, I'm not! Ha ha ha. But I was really surprised how nice and how well made made these were! Very thick and soft and plush. : )

I admit, I was a bit surprised you bought Noah's in a size 4/5 at first. But after we spoke and you said the 2/3 would have not lasted long. And all the stuff, you said, I think you were absolutely correct in the size you picked for Noah. I rolled the sleeves mom for Noah's if you can tell in this picture. And it's actually okay. I think he'll get 2 full years of usage from this and since kids seldom wear these anyways, it's good this will last a good while. And glad you chose to get Branden's in a size 7. Thanks! He'll get more usage from it too. I also love the pattern you chose for the boys. You know they are excellent swimmers and beach kids! So the surfboard pattern was really cool and so perfect for the boys! Branden really loved it!!! : )

I washed them already and dried them up good in the dryer with a dryer sheet and they are so soft and cuddly robes now. And hanging in each of the boys closets. I can't wait for them to get to use them! Thanks mom, you are truly the best! You have the best taste and the stuff you always pick is so cool! We really are so lucky to have you!!! : )


Fun and colorful different surfboards all around! Thanks mom, for sending these to the boys! : ) Got these Friday. And although I did say thank you by email and phoned you, I wanted you to see the boys wearing the robes yourself, so here ya go! I wish you could see them in person, but these pictures will have to do for now! : )

On Monday, by the time I got home from my afternoon with my girlfriends and picking up Branden along the way. When I finally got home, Noboru had left this package for me on the table. Yet another care package from mom again! I know, I know, you sent me the first package and sent it off and then saw something else and said "why not" and sent it off as well. I had no clue what was in here. But the lovely letter you sent packed inside made me smile, actually almost made me cry. But happy though. I had mentioned a few month's back on my blog and yes my mom reads here daily. Last time I went to Costco in Makuhari, that I had been looking for the boys a raincoat. I wanted one like the one I had bought there last time. But no such luck. Apparently it is something that stuck in my mom's head. And she thought she should get the boys some raincoats. And then she added, she saw the boys via my blog yet again, ha ha ha, at Disney Sea, and she said their raincoats did need replacing with bigger sizes. So mom went on a mission in California and took it upon herself to find the boys something. Again, I never asked, I never even mentioned. It was just something mom did on her own.

I sure get a lot of packages from America a lot. My mailman must be wondering what's up. Ha ha ha! : )

Gift/care package. Awww! : )

According to my mom, she said, she was at the mall, and thinking about the boys and the whole rain coat thing. And she happened to run into these and she said the prices were too good to pass up! She's such a spoiling type grandma! Ha ha ha! : )

She sent the boys 3 raincoats. She said the largest size they sold was a size 7. So she bought Branden's in a size 7, so he gets more usage from it. Besides he will be age 7 last week of October, she was smart to get the size 7. And she got Noah's in a size 3 and a size 4. She wanted to get a larger one for Branden too. But they didn't make bigger then 7. And she mentioned that with Noah starting kindergarten soon, he will end up using both eventually. Awww! Thanks mom! And the color is perfect for the boys, you know their last raincoat was yellow. You know, how we got a huge love for anything yellow or orange around here anyways, so once again mom, you out did yourself! You truly know what we like! You know the styles we like, clearly! Ha ha ha! : )

Size 3, Noah can wear right now and the whole rest of the year. Right on mom! Thanks! : )

Size 4, I wouldn't have stocked up personally on a raincoat, but I know you are a stocker upper and hey! Who are we to complain! Ha ha ha! Now I don't gotta go looking for a raincoat for Noah for the next 2 years, thanks to you! So thank you! : )

Branden's in a size 7. Also mom, the lining on this, is a sorta soft terry towel type material. Whatever it is, I *love* the lining on this a lot! Thanks. : )

Here is a picture of your oldest grand child. Purely coincidence he was wearing the yellow hat today mom. But then again, the kids have so much yellow stuff anyways, it's no wonder! Ha ha ha. See the arms are a pinch big/long. But I think that's okay. Branden grows like a weed. And he'll get a good 12-18 month's usage from this. So awesome mom, thanks and so unexpected! : )
And here's your giggling youngest grandson/grandchild. Again a pinch long on the sleeves, but I really think that's okay mom! Kids grow like weeds and before you know it, it won't be extra big/long anywhere! : )

A quick roll up of the sleeves and everything falls perfectly into place and looks awesome! Thank you mom for always sending these little extras to the boys! I appreciate it. And the boys especially appreciate it! Boy did they ever get excited receiving these 2 care packages from you! I'm having the boys both send and make you a homemade thank you card, please let me know when you get it! : )

Last picture mom, I am going to share is of the boys laughing it up yet again (do they ever stop laughing? LOL) You really made them happy mom, they know how much they are loved by you and everyone! They really do! Thanks mom, I really do love you, and miss you terribly! : ( I love you! : )