Tuesday, May 20, 2008

School was cancelled today, due to heavy rain and harsh winds!!! : )

There was talk of us being hit by an actual typhoon today. When I woke up this morning, I had an email on my keitei from the school, saying not sure if school would be cancelled or not, but please stand by. Okay, so I just got Branden ready like usual. And I was also going to be giving a ride to Genki-kun and his sister as well. However the whole school was still on stand by. By now Branden was dressed, he had eaten breakfast, washed his face and brushed his teeth. I had my clothes on and my drivers license with me. And both boys in raincoats. Just as I was about to leave the house at 7;30 am. I again got an email on my cell phone. Yup, it was the school again. School was officially cancelled today, because of the strong winds and rain! We took our shoes back off and switched our clothes into our comfy clothes. We were lazy bums all day long today! We lazed on the couch watching Dora and other various cartoons. I also watched the news on CNN. Checking to see, what was still going on with the earthquake in China. And what's going on with Hillary and Obama lately. Among other news. And at 10am, the kids and I went upstairs and took a 2 hour nap. Not tired really, just a nice relaxing nice nap. After that the boys played in the house. And by the time 3:00 pm rolled around, the rain was long gone. And the kids in the neighborhood all started to play. Our door bell began to ring, many little boys and girls looking to play with Branden. He turned and asked if he could go. I said sure! And he went out and played with them for an hour. Meanwhile I got to get dinner prepared!

I grew up with "snow days" but I never had "rain days" ha ha ha! But, shoot, if it's a chance to weasel out of school, I'm all for it! : )