Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday, a really beautiful day, meaning the weather and everything else! : )


Wednesday morning was a busy morning for me, because I spent the entire morning cleaning the house from top to bottom. I washed blankets, pillow cases, all the bedding for the beds. I even aired out the living room area rug and whacked it with my stick a few times. : ) Come noon though, I needed a quick 5 minute shower to clean up, soap up and get changed. After my shower, we had lunch at home. And I then relaxed on the couch until it was 2:30 pm, for us to go and pick up B from school and drive him to the swimming school. Also,I think my flowers are finally big enough to go hang on the front porch. : )
So, now they are indeed hanging on the front porch, all 4 of them. I sure hope they get bigger and real bushy and flowery! : )

And there we sat and watched B do his thing with swim class. And yes, that is blue goggle girl (that super cutie pie) swimming right in front of him. : )

Noboru came with me to swim club today. He wanted to come today because today was the monthly swim test.

Here's the coach marking someones grade. Branden already went and was sitting on the ground 2nd closest to the coach. : )

He passed! Now he's a #9. : )

It was a week day and I had to get dinner prepared, but we still wanted to congratulate him. So, we went and got some ice cream at the store near the swimming school. Everyone got a treat! : )

Even Noah got a treat! : )

Noboru got an ice cream! : )

And even I got a lemon shave ice! It was so hot, that we ate them on the ride home! : )

I made homemade meatballs. Man were they good. : )


In the meat drippings, I fried up my bell peppers and mushrooms and then drained any excess afterwards. And the sauce was a quick instant type deal. Sorry but yk, swimming nights, are long and no time for a long drawn out meal on Wednesdays. : )

And it was done. the salad stuff, I prepped in the day in between my marathon house cleaning in the morning. Ugh about the house cleaning, it truly never ends, ha ha ha.

I wanted to ask...has anybody tried these yet? They are on quite a few TV commercials in Japan lately. They are like half jello or whatever and half soda. Horrible explanation, so forgive me on that. : ) And they gotta be cold, cold, cold. And then you shake them 10 times. My husband had one at work the other day. And he told me about it. I mentioned I might wanna try one. He brought one for Branden and I. What did I think? Hmmm. Honestly? I didn't care for it. It was sorta like drinking a soda with boogers in it! Ha ha ha. Okay...not that I have ever drank that, but you kwim. It was just the feel of the drink, ha ha ha. if anyone has tried it, let me know if you liked it or not. And fwiw, Noboru and Branden both liked it, ha ha ha. : )

PS, okay can't leave you all on a bad note (thinking about the soda and all, lol) has anyone tried this cheesecake ice cream yet? These are very good and cheap. We had these on Tuesday evening after dinner. : )
And now it's Thursday afternoon! What have I been doing today? Well, I did 1 load of laundry, vacuumed and swept the downstairs. Unloaded the dishwasher. And now, I have some free time, so I have been researching about getting a Japanese drivers license. Now that I am aware the law has changed (thank you Illahee, you have no idea how much you helped me by telling me that : ). I really need to get my license switched immediately, like super immediately is more like it. So, for the last hour and a half, I have been reading online about this a great deal.: ) Sites in English that give pointers, suggestions about obtaining a license here in Japan. I think, the first thing I have to do is get my license translated through the JAF. So, my task between today and Friday will be to locate my closest and nearest JAF. If it's close/near, hopefully I can bring my license down there in person. but if it's far, I will have to mail it. Also, I read that some places have "practice sessions" for about 8,000 yen, I might be interested in taking a practice session on the course I will be testing on. Also, I have to find which is the closest place to get my license. So, I imagine this will keep me busy a bit. Hopefully they can translate my license fast/quickly, so I can go ahead and make an appointment for my drivers test (written and driven) hopefully the appointment isn't like a long time from now too though, but we'll see. : )Good thing is though...I know now, and I am at least working on getting this resolved. : ) PSS, this came off this guys site and I will cut and paste it here. And link it too. Since I didn't write it.
"About 9 out of 10 people fail the driving test on their first try. On my first day, only one person finished the course, and she passed. The rest of us all had to try again. Some of the people had no idea about the little rules and details the tester was looking for, so they were completely stunned when they suddenly failed. That's why I've written this page and included the tips below, so that you'll have a better chance of passing sooner.
Whether you pass or not, you need to go inside and wait for the results. If you don't pass, you'll be given a paper with another scheduled date to try again. You may be able to change the date on the spot if that day/time doesn't work for you.
"
My thoughts? Yikes, you guys. 9 out of 10 will fail? Is that what he just said. Gulp! Okay guys. I will try my best. But I am sorta thinking I will fail the first try (god, I hope I am wrong though). : ) Ah well, what can I say. My journey to getting a Japanese drivers license has begun, ha ha ha. : )
Anyway, I got a bit of free time now...so I'm off to go relax on the couch until 2:30 pm (that time of the month, sorry tmi, but I feel like crud, I think a nice afternoon of rest will really do me some good. : )