Monday! On Monday morning I ran to the grocery store to do my weekly shopping because on Tuesday it was said that Chiba would be hit with a typhoon. Not sure if it was all of Japan or just our area or what. But in any case, I wanted to get my grocery shopping done the day before, just to be on the safe side. Also the news said it would be raining here both Tuesday and also Wednesday, so I wanted to get my shopping done Monday morning, which I did, thank goodness. : ) So on Monday after Branden got home from school and while he was at Kumon, I decided to bake some chocolate peanut butter chip cookies.
And before I knew it our house smelled like fresh baking cookies. I managed to get them done and then went to go and pick up Branden from Kumon. Here is a pic of some of them cooling off on various unmatching plates, lol. : )
This recipe made a lot, it made 2 and a half dozen. Of course they're long gone by now though, ha ha ha. But they did last until Friday afternoon though! : ) They were good while they lasted, sigh. : )
Tuesday mornings breakfast. Nothing special really, just a quick typical breakfast I make for B. I want him to have enough energy throughout the day. And especially days that he walks to school, he really needs a good big breakfast. However Tuesday he didn't walk, ha ha ha, but it's okay he needs a good breakfast, good for brain power, lol. Don't want his stomach rumbling during school. : ) Just an egg, bacon, rice and some peaches and some OJ. : )
Size 6 and 7. Good he'll get plenty of usage out of these, and he won't even be age 7 until the last week of October, so he'll get a good 12-18 mos usage from these. Not bad! : )
Tuesday nights dinner, we had kimchee nabe. It was perfect especially with a wild typhoon outside and it being an absolute freezing day and so gray outside! : )
My serving. Not pretty, but oh man was it great! Today with the way the weather was, I was thanking my lucky stars I did my grocery shopping the day before, phew! : )
Noah slurping down as well. Branden looking at all this slurping madness going on around him! Ha ha ha! : )
What's in here? Well, not so much of anything really. Bacon, sausage, frozen broccoli, tortillas, and lean ground beef. again, not much.
What's in here? Well, let's see...
Prego pasta sauce, I prefer make my own and for most part I do. But, I'm human and heck, I get tired just like anyone else especially with 2 children and driving them here, there and everywhere. And sometimes at the end of the day, I'm spent! I'm downright exhausted and if I lived in the US, I'd surely be driving through a Taco Bell or an Arby's some nights, lol! But since I'm clear out in the middle of nowhere in Japan (not complaining but), I sometimes have to cut corners and if it helps me on my tired as hell days, then I'm all for it. : ) So Pasta sauce, also got those delicious dinner rolls. Einstein Bagels. Popcorn, garlic spread mix, and cascade dishwasher liquid. Again not so much, but a few things to comfort me, ha ha ha. : )
Oh bless you Einstein Bros. bagels. In all your wonderful chewy glory! Ha ha ha. It really is funny how even the smallest things like this can delight a person living overseas. : )
So many wonderful recipes for the garlic spread. I honestly make a wicked garlic shrimp on my own. I wonder how using this would compare. Hmm, I think I might try this out with shrimp in a few weeks. Just give this recipe a go, is all. : )
That settles it! I am making garlic bread tomorrow and trying this out! : )
I got 6 plain bagels and 6 cinnamon raisin bagels. And as usual, I froze 3 of each, so they'll last longer and I have the other 3 of each in my fridge, but I find myself eating them quite a bit since Wednesday though, ha ha ha. : )
Wednesday night's dinner! Philly steak sandwich for Noboru, and Philly chicken sandwiches for the boy's and myself. : ) I use the tiniest bit of yakitori sauce. Such a small amount you can't make the taste out. If you can tell it's yakitori sauce, you used too much. : ( Ha ha ha. Oh and the 2 bigger chicken pieces on the left of my cutting board are for part of Branden's obento tomorrow (field trip). They will become karaage tomorrow. : )
See I already added the sauce but it's still light colored, so not much sauce was added at all.
Some melted cheese and it's time to eat! : )
Some crispy french fries. Last time I blogged this sandwich, I made it with a baked potato, that works too! A very simple and really good sandwich that can be made in Japan really easily. All the ingredients can be found locally.
Thursday! Branden had his first ichinensei class field trip on Thursday! They went down to a bokujo! A farm/ranch of sorts, this one in particular is a dairy farm, but they also have slides, and horses and such. But the main thing for this one is the cows, and they sell a lot of dairy products like cheesecake and they also make a very good ice cream. So Branden was stoked about going to the bokujo! And I did all my getting prepared for that ahead of time, as usual. LOL. We got him a bigger boy thermos with a cup, after having seen what the other kids all had been using in our area. I knew what kind to get. And we let Branden pick out the character and design he wanted, and this was the one that made him happy, so it made us happy too! So, come Thursday morning, I had put ice into it and some nice iced tea as well. (at our yochien they always said to bring oolong tea only and we always did and that was fine, no complaints about that at all) this school, said to bring whatever. So, we sent B with just straight iced tea, sun tea type tea. And lot's of ice. : )
As usual, you have to name everything and thank god, we made our own self adhesive sticker via the computer in tons of different sizes, so now I just gotta stick them on whatever needs a name tag, lol. So the new thermos got a water proof name tag on the actual thermos itself. I also wrote underneath it with a school marker his name on the bottom of the actual thermos itself too. LOL.
And yes, even the cup itself. Just in case there's a cup mix up, this way, his name's on it, problem averted before it ever started! Ha ha ha! : )
New backpack for field trips, we got last month, thank god, I remembered ahead of time. Phew! : )
Ultraman leisure sheet. The thing you sit down on. And the note always says your child can buy no more then 300 yen worth of snacks. So B also went with his little ziploc bag of snacks for sharing and munching after he eats his obento first though! : )
Note also said to bring wet wipes and then just regular mini tissues. So, I sent B with the antibacterial moist wipes and some Ultraman tissues too. And yes, again we have to name label everything, lol! So those had to be bagged and tagged as well, lol! : )
Ham sandwich, on a mini yeasty Costco dinner roll. Yk, I have made these before a hundred times, I'm used to making obentos.: ) 100% mozzarella cheese and miracle whip. Very simple sandwich. : )
Branden's obento for his field trip at the farm! 1 mini ham and cheese sandwich. A very minuscule amount of fries, 1 homemade karaage (remember the chicken I cut it from last night? LOL) I only used 1. And 1 steamed, buttered and salted and peppered broccoli. And some fresh crunchy grapes. Now the grapes we just eat with our hands, but since I was unsure how he should eat them around his class, to be on the safe side, I sent him with a mini disposable plastic fork looking pitch fork type thing, lol. Very simple, basic obento. Not fancy but an okay lunch for B.: )
Thursday morning, all packed and ready to go and enjoy your field trip today sweetheart! I gave him a ride to the school that day! Actually, I gave him a ride to school, Tuesday through Thursday, ha ha ha. And also picked him up too.
Okay, time to drive you to your field trip, let's go! : )
Thursday, we got the top part of Branden's swim outfit. Thanks dad for sending this to us! : )
Orange base and white palm trees! : )
Thursday afternoon, after Noah and I walked down to pick up Branden. Both of the boys tried on their swim suits!!! : ) Ham it up for the camera boys!!!! : ) Ha ha ha! : )
Yup my 2 silly ones are pretending to fly! Flying like super heroes they are!!! Ha ha ha! They changed their bottoms to their 2nd pair of swim shorts! Go boys go! : )
Finally Noah you got the peace sign right! Gee whiz! Ha ha ha. : ) I will be saving all these pictures for you two for when you are older. I will show your future girlfriends, fiances or wives the pictures of your ultraman poses and the whole bit! : ) Can't wait until Friday!!! TGIF for tomorrow!
TV stuff I've been watching lately? Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, American Idol, Dexter and Nip/Tuck. I also enjoy catching the Hannah Montana episodes when I can. Ohhhh forgot to ask if anyone has seen that new show on Fox???! It's about beauty queens or whatever. It's called Pageant Place! Miss World is the lady from Japan, then there's a Miss Teen USA, Former Miss USA, who I think is bitter enemies with the other girl) and a few others. I only caught 2 episodes so far. I sorta like this show, but I'll have to catch a few more episodes, to know for sure. I can see a lot of cattyness and rivalry from these girls though especially since the beauty queens have to live together and share an apartment together. And one of the girls, boysfriends seems like a real pill!!! Ouch! Ha ha ha. As for movies, I think I've seen the Joy Luck club about 4 times this month so far at least, lol! Such a good movie though. And St. Elmo's Fire seems to be playing on AXN and all over the place too, caught it on Cinefil too. Ha ha ha, so I have been watching that quite a few times too. And I also caught Castaway. Oh yeah and I had never seen the movie High School Musical before. However I saw it last week for the first time and it's actually a pretty good movie. I doubt I will run out and go buy the DVD or anything, or be a big fan or anything. But yeah, it was cute! And I'm glad I saw it. : )