Ahh, what a good snooze we got this morning. When we woke up, I asked the kids what they'd like to eat and I gave them 2 choices of what I was willing to make for that evening. I said, cream stew or homemade pizza? They said, pizza!!! Ha ha ha. So, pizza it was. And in the afternoon, we got the dough ready so it could rest for the hour or so. They like helping make the pizza and since there's a heck of a lot of kneading to be done anyway, I let them have at it! Branden went first. He kneaded for 6 minutes. He also helped measure out the flour when we started and helped my yeast get mixed and set and foamy and poured the olive oil in as well. Then it was little brother's turn next! Which was fine, Branden's hands were tired by then! Ha ha ha.
Give it a go, my son! Ha ha ha : )
He did an excellent job, his hands got tired after about 3 minutes. He he he. And then I took over and kneaded some and let it rest for a good hour.
When everyone was really hungry, closer to dinner time. And Noboru was home and didn't have work, so he was really wanting to eat pizza. Asking me, can we eat yet? Ha ha ha. So, I let Noboru roll out the dough, which he loved doing for me. And then we all put the sauce on and spread out our toppings. By the way, we are nearly out of pepperoni now. So, I will have to pick some more when we head to Guam soon. But we also added ham, mushrooms, bell peppers. It was just a good pizza and so huge! And we even had dough leftover. So, I could always bake another pizza later or a calzone! : ) We 4 sat around in the living room eating homemade pizza, staying toasty warm in the house. Drinking cokes/sodas with ice. Kids had 20% juice with ice. Noboru bathed and showered the boys. And I showered and bathed and got to relax in the tub. When I came out, the kiddos had their jammies on and had already fallen asleep upstairs. Noboru and I continued to watch more TV and then in an hour or so, we warmed up an extra slice of pizza, ha ha ha and finished watching TV. What a quiet and uneventful day! : )