I rolled out of bed this morning quite late, as usual for the winter holidays/break. I think I woke up around 11:30 am. I wanted to clean up my living room a bit and then the main plan for today, was to head to karaoke in the evening.
Once a week, I like to let my couch cushions get a nice proper airing. Our home is a smoke free home, but a nice airing is good anyway. In Japan, they say leaving your blankets or what have you, outside, makes them fluffier, and kills germs. I'm not so worried about germs so much, but I do find my couch cushions do get really fluffy and plump by sitting outside. In the summer, I let them sit outside, about twice a week. But in winter, once a week is enough, especially since sunny days like today are few and far between. I laid down a clean old, blanket that we don't use so, the couch never touches anything undesirable, ha ha ha. Boy were the cushions plumped today! I let them sit out for a few hours! : )
I listened to music from my favorite internet radio station. Meanwhile I gave my blinds, their weekly proper dusting. And I flipped the blinds the opposite way, as well to get both sides. And dusted the entire window area. Seriously not as hard as it would seem for me. : )
Vacuumed the actual couch just in case there was any crumbs in there since last week. No, there weren't, but still, just in case! : )
I vacuumed my wood flooring, and under the couch, mopped the wood flooring, with the wood floor cleaner I picked up at the store the other day. And I even let the sun work it's magic on this rug for a few hours too. And then I vacuumed the normal side, which is not pictured. And I also vacuumed the back side of the rug too, because you would not believe the dust and debris that lurks back on there! Drives me nuts just vacuuming the top side of the rug, so I always vacuum the under side as well. I vacuum the rug both sides every day. I'm hopeless, he he he. Oh well,I may be a nerd, but the house is always clean at least. : )
I made sure there was not a dust and most certainly not a cob web in site anywhere in the living room. The rest of the house is clean too. I also reorganized my old book shelf nearest my computer. My other one is slightly disorganized but it's still not in too bad of shape. All in all the living room was clean, top to bottom. And I started putting things back to normal. I laid the area rug down. Put the couch cushions back onto the couch. Got the washed winter warm fleecy blankies out of the dryer and they were warm and felt so good, so the kids got in and cuddled in the warmth of the clean blankies that lay on the couch in winter time. Meanwhile I got the hubster to help me bring the coffee table back in the right spot. You can see it's sorta almost getting dark outside. Time to get ready to go to karaoke. We went and had ramen first and then we went to sing karaoke.
Noboru and Branden sang a few songs together. As Branden learns more songs, he has a whole lot more to sing! He's really starting to love karaoke!
Noah loves to sing, even if he doesn't know the song or the words. This kid makes up his own words. Or sings the words of *other* songs to the wrong song! : ) Ha ha ha! He loves singing! As he gets older, and learns more songs, he will love it even more. I sang the jingle bell song with him tonight. Clearly Christmas is over, but he knows the words to that one! So, we sang it, Noah and I. We did a jingle bell duet! Ha ha ha! : ) In this pic, Branden and Noah are singing an Ultraman song!
Yay, Ultraman! Yes, I am a mom with sons! Ha ha ha! : )
We had the unlimited drink bar and a large basket of fried shrimp and also a large order of french fries/potato wedges. We snacked, we munched, we sang and sang some more! : )
Here's the kids singing yet again. And Noah was eating and singing, I see he has food in his mouth in this pic and singing at the same time! He's multi tasking and at age 2! What a clever kiddo! Go Branden, you sing so well! : ) Noboru sang a bazillion different songs, Godeigo, Mr. Children. AC/DC, "Shook me all night long", oh my about that one! I sang a bunch too. I sang a bunch of Beatles songs. And I also sang She Bop by Cyndi Lauper, ha ha ha, oh my gosh about that one! Gloria Gaynor, I will survive, as usual. A few Madonna ones (Holiday and Take a Bow). Some Sugar ray and some Tubthumping and Nothing Compares to you by Sinead, lol. We sang for hours and when it was time to leave, we felt we had our fill and happily went home. : )
A fast 5 -10 minute shower for the kids and I. And sweatpants or jammies for everyone tonight. And just hanging in the living room for the rest of the night. Staying cozy and warm. Noboru was finishing watching his Japanese TV show and then we hit the satellite on and watched some good stuff. Here is Noboru giving Noah a good cuddle. And I was about to lay down on the couch and give an even bigger cuddle to B.
Yochien starts up again Wednesday of this week. So a few more days of winter break still lingering but not much. : (