The stew came out great although it's hard to mess it up anyway, ha ha ha. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, I had gotten used to staying awake over the Christmas holiday until say, 1:30 am all the way to 3:00 am. That was my normal bed times over the Christmas vacation. I also got accustomed to snoozing in until 10:30 am at the earliest. until an even later snooze time of noon. Yikes, should I be admitting how much excellent sleep time got over the winter holidays? Sure, why not. : ) Anyways, with this Wednesday as the first day back, so Tuesday night, I went to bed straight at 10:00 pm. All of us did. Everyone fell asleep. Except me. I sat and lay in bed, for over and hour, just staring at the wall, ceiling. kept glancing at the clock as well. Until I finally went downstairs and watched some TV. What time did I go to bed Tuesday night? 1:50 am!!! On Wednesday morning, when the alarm of my nightmares started ringing at 6:30 am. I thought somehow there must be some mistake. It couldn't be 6:30 am, already, could it? I looked and sure enough, yes it was! : ( I was so tired. Clearly I should not have stayed awake so late the night before. This is what I get for staying awake so late, isn't it? Pay back time, in a big way! I whacked the alarm again and again until it said 7:00 am. Good thing no lunch the first day back. I made Branden breakfast, and I am pretty sure, I was still half asleep when I did it! That's amazing all in itself! Ha ha ha. As he sat watching Nick cartoons in the morning, eating his breakfast. I sat drinking a cup of coffee. Hair all uncombed and all messed up! And still in pajamas. I managed to get B sent off to school just fine, which was a shocker. And I sat on the couch, sleepy and rather zombie like all day. It was a do nothing type day. I need one. I was tired. I made dinner,we had baths. And would you believe I also managed to take Branden to Kumon this week, twice and to 2 swimming classes as well. I managed to do it all. But I did it all, feeling really tired and not like myself really. Wednesday night, I stood awake until 12:45 am. A bit too late still, but it's a gradual thing. Hence the week long grace period. I just couldn't get it right all week it seems. Sigh.
Thursday and Friday were obento days. And I started to get more into the swing of things, but I still felt like I was "dragging ass" all week long. I cleaned house much less this week. I took myself many naps or just rested a lot this week on the couch. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I never did go to bed at a reasonable time. I hope next week fairs better. One of the nights, we had swimming class, when we came home, I was tired. Heck, having gotten up at 6:30 am, and by now it's nearly 5:00pm and we barely got back from swim club. But dinner needed to be made, my kids need to eat, good thing I defrosted the chicken from the morning and I make my weekly menus out once a week, because I made yakisoba when we got home from swimming school. After we ate, we all showered and bathed. Kids went to sleep and I just sat on the couch until around midnight. My timing was so off this week, it wasn't even funny. It's not jet lag. It must be "winter vacation lag", ha ha ha! : )
To top it off. The oldest class at B's school. was asked to bring 1 head shot, of every kid in the oldest class, because it would be used for the yearbook! We were asked in a nice timely manner. The school actually asked the day before the kids went on Christmas break. However, I procrastinated doing this. I figured there was plenty of time. And so I waited until the week of! Oh yeah! So, the pic (and they also asked for your child to write his own name), which is fine Branden can certainly write his own name. But it was due Thursday. So, every day this week, I asked Branden to try taking some pics for me. Some days he was too giggly and laughing and some days the pics were a complete wash out and other days some came out pretty good. So here are some takes, of us trying to get the perfect picture for the yearbook. This one was okay, but when I printed it out, I had realized I used a lower resolution and it looked grainy.
Not this one either! Oh and I had asked if hats were acceptable to be in the picture and they said sure and no problem at all. But this pic, was a "no go" for the yearbook for us : (
Okay this one he was laughing hysterically and that's a no no no for the yearbook, ha ha ha! Oh man, I shouldn't have waited until the last week to get this picture! Ha ha ha! : )
Too serious! Not this one either! Oh my! : )
I love the cute and funky hair, but this pic was a no go too! : )
This picture was taken on accident and as it turns out we are using this one for the yearbook. I say "accident" because I had taken a picture of something earlier that day and used the flash on the camera, forgot to turn off the flash setting (zombie feeling week, remember no wonder I forgot to switch the setting). And when I went to attempt to capture a better yearbook pic, I forgot the flash was on and whammo this was it! Noboru liked this one. I said no way, it had the flasher on, when I took it. We printed the pic to see what it looked like on picture paper and it turns out, as luck would have it, it looked really good. How weird, we ended up getting the final picture our whole family could agree on and it was sorta by accident with the whole flasher thing on, anyway. Oh well, this is the one we turned in. Along with him writing his own name. Phew, glad we got it done! : ) I think in 20 years when he opens his kindergarten yearbook and he sees this picture, he will smile because he will remember being that small, he will remember that hat. And it's a good way for his classmates to remember him, I think! : ) And obviously it's not a professional picture, but it's a good enough pic taken by mom, so it isn't so bad! It'll work! : )
When Friday rolled around, I could barely contain my happiness. I needed the weekend to be here! I was looking forward to it. Depending on it to arrive. And it's finally here. At last, at last! Sigh, I need to go to sleep a bit earlier this weekend so next week doesn't hit me, as hard as this week did. : ) What did I watch this week? I've been watching the Hulk Hogan Reality TV show on the reality channel on satellite here in Japan. Yes I did hear in real life he and his wife are divorcing, but I have been getting into his reality show anyway, called, "Hogan Knows Best", it's funny! I've also been watching Tuckerville about Tanya Tucker on the reality channel too. And a lot of Bones, I have watched Bones since the beginning when it started, I saw the whole first season and we are on the second season here in Japan now, and I love this show a lot. I wish Bones and Booth, would just hook up already! I know they like each other, ha ha ha. I am glad that Angela and the curly haired guy hooked up though. : ) And I can't wait for "So you think you can dance" this coming Sunday! Anyway that was my week! Yikes or what? Ha ha ha, just a tiring week, is all. : )