Friday, December 28, 2007

What a relaxing week! : )


With Christmas over, the week has just been really nice and quiet. Nothing major going on. Just plenty of staying home, as usual. But a whole bunch of family time going on at our home this week, even more then usual. Every night since Christmas, our family has been playing 1 game, doesn't matter which one. But we have been all getting into the action of a family game each and every night. Wednesday and Thursday night it was Jenga night. If you have ever played this game before, you'll know how much fun this game is. In this pic, Branden was taking his turn. I went first by the way, ha ha ha. : )

Aha! Now it's Noboru's turn! he has a very steady hand!

Oh my gosh! The jenga is building up taller, it is starting to look a bit wobbly, gee I hope it won't fall down.

Noah was the card turner. He let's everyone know which color piece to pull out. I just had my turn and I am so glad it did not fall apart on me. Phew! : )

Oh man!!!!! It fell down on Branden. : ) We played between 2 - 3 games of this all week long. And then we got into our nightly TV programs, with popcorn or the last of the Christmas cookies.

This whole week with the new TV has been wonderful. The picture is so clear. The colors are so vibrant. We are just really really happy about it. What else is there to say about this week? On Friday, I went to the store, to do a big grocery shopping trip. Well because I usually do most of my weekly shopping in one fell swoop anyway. 99% of it at least and I can always get fresh veg or more bread during the week. But the major parts are done once a week. Plus New years is coming and the stores around where I live are usually closed from December 31st around 9:00 pm or so and won't open for the first 4 days of the new year. Same as in the olden days in Japan. If I lived in Tokyo or in Osaka, the stores would probably not be closed but here in the super country side, it's still pretty much like in the olden days. So, if I want food, I better buy in advance. I got got 2 full carts full of food today. Tons of meats. Shrimp, pork roast, about 6 KG of chicken breast. Ground beef. 8 (2 liters) of drinks. Tons of veggies, fruits, mikans, apples. Snacks, like senbei's, chips, Bugle type corn snacks. Just everything. I will also run back to the store on December 31st and get some fresh bakery bread and some more drinks and more fruit to last us through the days the stores will be closed around here. And yes, I could drive to the next city over and find an open store, but, heck, I will just stock up and save myself driving the first 4 days of the new year. What's planned for this weekend? Just staying home, hanging with the family, same ol' same ol' Stay safe and well, everyone! : )
Side note: Thursday, I spent the entire day in my PJ's. Yup, I didn't even change my clothes into 1:30 pm or so. I've just been a lazy bum all week long. Bless you, Christmas vacation! He he! : ) I have been sleeping in until around 10:00 to 10:30 am every morning and I have been going to bed around, 1:00 am to even as late as 3:00 am. I'm just going to enjoy my winter break as much as I can. : )