Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sunday was when the last small order came in! Phew! : )


Part of living in the countryside of Japan means I have to order stuff online, versus driving there myself and pick things up on my own if I need a speciality item. And frankly, for our family the benefit of living in the country is still best for our family, so we don't mind having to order stuff online once in a great while. Anyways, we ran out of mini chicken cutlets/catsu (breaded breast meat with cheese) . We use these for Branden's lunch sometimes. And driving to the Co-op just for one item seemed too ridiculous. And I don't want to join the Co-op because I find the prices are just too expensive, I get my groceries cheaper elsewhere. Sorry, but with anything it's personal choice. So, Noboru and I searched for them. So many places had them. The ones we bought are restaurant grade, so they are close as homemade as you can get. No fatty hunks. And they were like 380 yen or so a pack, I forget the actual price. So we bought 3 packs of these, just so we'd have them on hand. We got these on Wednesday afternoon. And it was a relief they got here. One thing to cross off my list! : )

On Sunday, my Flying pig order came in. I am sure all of us, foreigners living in Japan, know about Flying Pig, I've blogged about it a few times in the past myself. I like them and it is a saving grace for me, considering how freaking far I live from Costco Makuhari. We ran out of waffles, plain and simple. And B loves them. And with weekdays being so hectic, we appreciate the ease the frozen waffles allow us, so I placed my order at the beginning of the week. Ordered some waffles and the quickest day they could get here was, Sunday, today. So, Sunday was waffle delivery day. : )

You know, it's so easy to "over buy"/shop at Costco. Because everything looks good and with living overseas, it's easy to want 2 of everything! Ha ha ha. But, I am tough, I guess, I have to show some restraint here, ha ha ha. And I won't allow myself to go overboard like that! Bummer. Ha ha ha. I had made sure my 3 things all got shipped in the freezer box, to save on shipping. Since the waffles had no choice at all but to go in a freezer shipment. And the cheese and rolls, woulda been better to stay in the cool ship but that woulda been 900 yen more. So, instead I just had everything go into the frozen shipment. Just 3 things total, waffles, those yummy yeasty dinner rolls, and a huge hunk of American, Colby jack cheese. Going be making something with this cheese. but I won't tell, just yet! Ha ha ha! : ) And yes, after putting it off for so long, we will be going to Costco this month and Ikea too! I'll have to share more about that, later though! : )