Remember last week, I mentioned that I wanted a few things that they didn't have at Costco in Makuhari. You know, sometimes a person who lives overseas really can miss those things from home.So, I placed my small little order and waited every day and checked my mail box with a great big cheesy grin. Today when I heard a large truck pull up and stop, I knew what it was. I slipped my shoes on and the poor delivery guy never even had a chance to ring the bell, ha ha ha. I was really ready! I signed and he drove away and left me to my boxes. Good thing the kids were still asleep, because it gave me time alone to open the boxes all to myself. Talk about utter glee and happiness here. Ha ha ha. *Happy sigh* One box was frozen stuff and the other was obviously non frozen stuff, ha ha ha. : )
Comfort food. I tell ya, doesn't really matter if you are, Irish American. Or, Italian American or African American, or so on. If you grew up in the US, chances are pretty high, you grew up liking Taco bell or other fast food Mexican type stuff.
And with me being in Japan, and obviously there's not a Taco Bell here. I do miss, fast food type treats like this. Costco, or at least my Costco doesn't sell any frozen stuff like this. But thankfully the FBC does. I haven't had anything like this in a long time. I missed it and thought what the heck. So, here they are. 4 bean and cheese, burritos and 2 packs of those nacho things (they look more like those pizza pocket things). All, I can say is yumm. The price is a bit high. But heck, this is the only choice we have here in Japan, so I will take it. I will totally be ordering these again. Maybe like every 2 months or so, for a little treat to myself! : )
And here is the rest of the goodies. I ordered a Foreign Buyers Club brown bag, for grocery shopping or carrying other stuff, from maybe swim school and what not. A bottle of Soft Scrub because it was on sale and I could really use it. A Parents magazine. Sure I could have my folks send me one, but I certainly don't mind buying by own either and since I was ordering from FBC anyway, I figured, why not. Skippy peanut butter, I didn't need that gigantic sized one from Costco. And this one is from Japan, however it's not sold around where I live, and I need it for my celery and other things. Ha ha ha. I also ordered some study things for B. He likes to study and I thought he might enjoy getting a few new things to study with. : )
I'm sorry to say it but, I really disliked the Dr. Maggie books with CD that we had to buy separately. I won't be buying the Dr. Maggie books again. To be fair, I am sure someone in the world likes them. But I don't. The CD, was really hard to understand. She started with the cover and said, who wrote the book super fast, who illustrated the book super fast again, blah blah blah, yada yada. This CD just said stuff that didn't really capture the interest of my child or even myself. My child wanted to know about all the wonders of the story, not who illustrated the book. I found it quite boring. The CD went way too fast. We were flipping the pages so darn fast, that neither of us could remember what the story was about even. We felt frustrated and although we went through it again. It was just not our cup of tea at all. I was going to buy the phonics book and CD about Clifford the Big Red Dog, but went back and forth trying to decide between the Dr. Maggie books or the Clifford. Now I regret it and I wish I woulda went with my gut and got the Clifford ones! I will be buying Branden the Clifford phonics books next week or so. That said. The phonics cards are exceptionally nice. I love them and the price of only 500 yen, is a really great value! Plus they show real pictures of a real dog versus a cartoon or just drawing. I noticed Branden was really interested in these cards. The words they chose are great. He loves going through the cards with me, just 15 minutes each day. The picture word cards are also fantastic. I love the flash cards they sell at FBC. I felt bad I ordered the book and CD, I did and regret buying that. Wish I coulda got the Clifford phonics one, like I mentioned. But all in all, I was really happy with my order. And I will be ordering B that Clifford book this week or next week sometime.
Anyway, comforts from home are truly a blessing and a very good way, to help maintain the happiness of expats like myself! Ha ha ha. Have a good night every one! : )