Today Noboru didn't have to work. We wanted to do something, but we didn't know what. We thought "hmm, haven't gone singing in a while" "yeah, let's go to karaoke". At our karaoke place, there is a free unlimited drink bar for as long as you stay, just as long as you start singing before 6:00 pm. Otherwise you have to pay for the drink bar, but the price isn't too bad either. But we got there way before then, so our drinks were free for all four of us. This pic is of the drink bar, they have all sorts of sodas, like coke and melon, orange soda, calpis, etc. They have hot drinks which is nice in the winter. Hot coffee, hot soup, hot cocoa, etc. They also have teas and 2 frozen slurpee type drinks. They have orange or melon slurpee. Between you and me, I always pick my first drink to be the orange slurpee. And often switch to other things. Both the boys had melon slurpees.
Branden sang a few songs. He sang, 2 Ultraman songs. He sang, "It's a small world" after all and a few more.
There's Branden singing yet another song. We sang for 3 long hours! Things is, we had so much fun, it didn't even seem like 3 hours though, seemed shorter. Geeze, we sang a bunch of songs! A very nice way to spend an afternoon though.
Noboru had curry and rice! The boys had a large order of french fries to munch on, as we waited for our 2 small pizzas to be made as well. Plus the drink bar and we were all set to enjoy our afternoon! : )
Noboru was singing a few Godiego songs, and so Branden had time to play a a quick game on his DS game, while he waited for his song to show up. Noah on the other hand was unsure if he should cheer with the chop sticks or cheer with the maracas (sp?), he ended up opting for the tambourine. Ha ha ha! : )
Noboru singing another song. He sang so many songs! I sang a bunch myself. I sang a lot of Madonna, a lot of the Beatles. Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive. One song by Lily Allen, which I sang that pretty good actually, I surprised myself on that one. I also sang a lot of the Beach Boys. And Boz Skagg's "We're all Alone". Much more but you get the idea! Ha ha ha. Whoops, one more, I also sang, 2 songs by Supertramp! Ha ha ha! : )
Here are our 2 small pizzas, errr, or what's left of them anyway, ha ha ha. All in all, we had a really amazing afternoon. Just singing away, munching on some food and drinking countless amounts of slurpees and sodas. All while singing many many songs! A very fun afternoon! So we left the karaoke and got into the car at 6:30 pm. We still wanted to do something else. So we thought why not, head to Tsutaya and rent some movies. So we did. : )
And then we came home. We obviously neglected going to Tsutaya for quite some time, because there were about 5 movies at least, I had been wanting to see and I didn't even know they were out. Wow, has it been a month since we last rented some DVD's? Yikes, I guess so. So anyway we just rented ourselves 3 DVD's. 2 for us and 1 Ultraman DVD for the boys. They watched the Ultraman on their mini DVD player with headphones. And we watched our 2 movies. We rented The Pursuit of Happyness (seriously no, it's not happiness, it's spelled happyness in the movie), this movie is with Will Smith and it's based on a true story. This movie was really good! It's about a guy, he has no college education but he's seriously smart. Good with numbers. However, he is very poor, financially speaking. Like 3 month's late on the rent. Wife and him are fighting all the time. She is working double shifts, she is miserable and exhausted. He is trying to sell these machines that nobody really wants to buy. Wife leaves him. He wants the son. She gives him the son. And he gets evicted. Then they move to a motel. They get evicted from there as well. They sleep in the bathroom at the subways station. He cries, sitting on the floor while his son (his real life son btw with Jada) was sleeping. It's heart wrenching. He goes for an intern position and gets it. He ends up with a job. But it shows such hardship. They stay at the shelter sometimes. It's just a really good movie. I really wanna buy this movie the next time I go back to the US. It's good. The other movie we rented was a light hearted movie. A comedy. It's called Date Movie. It's with the red head girl from Buffy, Willow, you know the girl who was also in the American Pie movies, the "band geek", ha ha ha. Alyson Hannigan is her name. Anyway this movie spoofs like 6 or so real date movies. Like for example, Meet the Focker's , How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, or Brig Jones Diary and other movies like that as well. It's really funny! : )
We also got the boys 2 happy meals on the way home from Tsutaya. It was Noboru's idea. He said the kids might get hungry later and since tonight was a non cooking night for us (and we usually always cook at home, so this was a nice non cooking night), so anyway they could eat that if they got hungry. We also got some ice-cream from Mc D's on the way home. I got the Oreo and caramel Mc Flurry. Noboru got a cherry sundae. We all took quick 5 minute or so showers and shampooed up real quick. Changed into our jammies. And then the boys watched their movie and munched on Mc Donald's. Meanwhile Noboru and I started in with the first movie and munched on a bowl of popcorn and some Reece's Pieces. Have a good night everyone.
PS, Branden has swimming tomorrow, the swimming school opened up on Thursday (today) since it's been closed for o-bon (sp?), but Thursday isn't B's swimming day and with us at karaoke and our night home with DVD's obviously we are busy. But tomorrow is one of his regular swimming days and with it being open, he gets to go there tomorrow. He's been working on his diving lately!
PSS, I sent my mil a DVD of the boys this morning as well. I had started taping it last week. Nothing major, but I don't do it too often. And I thought how my family gets to read this blog and they are so up to date on the kids. However my in-laws, have only a vague idea B takes swimming, they have no idea how good he is. They have no idea he is in Kumon etc. So, I thought I am once again going to extend that olive branch out and so I sent them a video of the boys. I felt like a real nerd dragging my camcorder with me everywhere, but I did it for my in laws. I whipped it out at the swimming school last week. I spoke in Japanese while taping, and described the best I could, what swimming move he was doing. I zoomed in and I zoomed out. Boy was my face red. ha ha ha. I then took it to Kumon and caught B on camera and waved as he went into the building. I even taped Branden doing a study session with, Noboru. I brought out the camcorder for the BBQ we had last week when our friends were here, I only taped for a few minutes and I guess, I just hope it shows to the in-laws, that our boys are keeping busy and they do have oodles of friends. I then had both the boys tell grandma anything they wanted. Branden talked into the camcorder and told her some stuff like, he likes Ultraman and Spongebob, he also told her he has some kabuto mushi and he showed her on video his bugs. Noah, on the other hand, playfully told grandma he was being a doggy at that moment and then proceeded to get around on all 4 fours and barked in Japanese, "wan wan". LOL, kids huh? I sent it off and I wrote a very nice letter in there as well. I wonder if they got the video yet? I hope they like it. Hmmm. Crossing fingers they appreciate it! Oh well, I tried and that's all I can do, right? : )