Monday, August 20, 2007

Odds and ends! : )

Our weekend was pretty awesome. Yet again spent at home. We had a small family BBQ, just for our little family on Saturday. Just the regular basics we usually make. We had yakiniku (Korean BBQ meats), beef and chicken. Veggies and just the usual. We made a Tsutaya run on Saturday evening, after dinner and our showers, as well. Rented just one movie this time. We rented, "My Super ex-girlfriend", with Uma Thurman. Oh man! So hilarious! Granted certainly not an academy winning movie here. And no, I wouldn't exactly wanna buy this DVD either. But still really funny and a great way to end Saturday! Sunday, we watched the boys splash in their paddling pool and slide down their slide. And in the evening. I made yakisoba. A few other things I made this week were chicken and pork cutlet (pork for Noboru and chicken for the boys and I). Sara udon/chicken chow mein for you from North America. And a few other meals of course as well, oh yeah I also made ginger pork as well.


At my husbands work, they share DVD's a lot. One person buys something and the rest, who ever wants a copy, they burn it for them. We personally have shared heaps of our DVD's for my hubby's coworkers to burn. So, anyway a guy who just came back from the US a bit ago, bought the Billy's Blanks exercise DVD. He asked if anyone wanted a copy. A few did, but some didn't because it's in English. However, the fact it was in English sounded pretty good to me. He he. It's the newest one that's out in the US, right now. He said this one isn't even being sold in Japan yet. I see the infomerical for the Billy's Bootcamp in Japan right now, and this one is newer. So I guess the guy was right. Anyway, Noboru asked me, if I wanted a copy. I said sure. And so the guy made me a copy right away. I have been using it for 3 days so far. What do I think? Ha! It's hard. The guys at NWA, all say, as of yet, nobody can last longer then 20 minutes! I so far have finished the first DVD. Branden did it with me, yup, I have an exercise partner, not that he needs it, he's as skinny as a noodle lol. But anyway, yes it's hard. The last 10 minutes were so hard, I thought "I hate this thing", ha ha ha. But the first 40 minutes is fun. I am not sure if I will be able to keep it up, who knows. : )

Other good news. Noah is now taking poops, unchi's (Japanese for poop) craps or whatever you want to call them, in the toilet now. I was actually going to share a pic of said, first pooh, but my husband won't let me share that! Can't say I blame him though, pee is one thing, pooh is totally another. But yes, he is peeing and pooping in the toilet. All day long. He did pee on the floor once downstairs a few days ago. But, since there's no carpeting downstairs and in fact I rolled up the small rectangular rug under our coffee table and put it away for the time being. He can't possibly ruin anything. He still uses a diaper for sleeping though. But yeah, we are pretty proud of our little Noah-chan! I'd say he is about 90-95% potty trained. I know, many of you are sharing what's going on with our life through this blog, for that I say, thank you. So, I thought you guys would be happy to hear some good news and share in this milestone, we are about to cross! Now, we are leaving next week for a few days. not sure how that will affect his potty training, Hmm. We shall see! : )
Noah in his Dragon Tales underwear! Ha ha ha! : )

Branden's Kumon bag finally came in. They give you 2 choices. One is plain navy blue. And then they also had this one, that is navy too, but it also has some color to it, like a nice bright happy yellow color. Plus the fact the plain navy is smaller and wouldn't hold his 3 ring binder. So, we went with the yellow and navy one. When he started Kumon, she had a few plain navy ones. But the yellow one, she had to order, since it was out of stock, so we waited a few weeks and now it's here. By the way, the bags were free. It just the parents choice which ever one they want for their child, is all. Anyway not earth shattering news, I suppose, but his bag came in, that's all.

Kids in Japan have so many school bags, don't they? Yochien bags, school back packs, swimming back packs and now Kumon bags as well. Sheesh, I am going to write a whole post devoted to school bags really soon! : )

Really didn't want to order online. But, I needed a navy blue pair of Crocs is the size bigger then B has now. I went to the Crocs stores near me. Both of them. Funny they had every other color for the kids in Branden's size. But they didn't have his size in the color we needed. Grrr, sometimes things are just like this aren't they? Ha ha ha. So, I went to the Crocs Japan site and ordered them, no problem. And today they came.

No real excitement here, geeze he had them already, he just needed the larger size. I also had to switch all B's jibbitz to these shoes. Grumble, grumble, ha ha ha! Good to have them all switched over now though. And the Crocs B outgrew will hide in the shoe closet until either Noah can fill those shoes, or until they go outta style, whichever comes first. Ha ha ha!
Any other news to share? Hmm. This week is going to be another quiet, uneventful week at home. Branden has all his classes this week. I also have to inform the swim school, starting in September, that he will once again, cut his swimming down to once a week, versus the twice a week he goes in the summer.
PS, My mil received the video. She apparently really liked it. She even mailed me back a 2 page letter, thanking me and telling me, she is glad, I am her sons' wife. I was so shocked, happy but shocked, I nearly fell right off my chair. Ha ha ha. Not saying we are best friends or anything now. But, I do hope we have an improved relationship and we can actually stay this way, this time, who knows. Knocking on wood because I really do want to like her. And I want her to like me, because I am married to her son. So, anyway just keeping an open mind with all this.
And PSS, we are going to Osaka next week sometime for a couple nights. We have done the short flight to Guam thing at the beginning of July. And now we wanted to take a small trip in Japan. Enjoy some of Japan. So, we will be driving through a great deal of Japan and seeing all it has to offer. Making many pit stops along the way, to take pictures, to eat and whatever. We also will be taking the boys to Universal Studios, Japan in Osaka while we are there, as well. So, anyway that is what we will be doing next week. But for now, this week we will be doing the usual staying home stuff, and a few classes here and there. I think Branden's school resumes September 3rd, (again I think). So basically we are just trying to make the most of our summer and especially what's left of it, just really trying to enjoy ourselves basically. Same ol' ,same ol', but there you have it! : )