Monday, June 25, 2007

More on Monday...


I went to get the mail out of the mail box, this afternoon and was pretty pleasantly surprised to get 2 of my favorite magazines sent to me from my dad. Thanks dad! I have been reading Parents magazine since yesterday and am mid way through it right now. Ha ha ha, thanks again! Sometimes it's these little unexpected things that might seem small, but are so very thoughtful and so fantastic to receive, I truly am grateful : )

Since we were in Chiba New Town already and had just finished with an absolutely humongous shopping of groceries, we are talking 2 carts had to be pulled and 4 of those little baskets were stuffed to the gills with food! Geeze, you'd think I was expecting flippin' nuclear fall out or something the way I stocked up! Ha ha ha, oh well I don't mind poking fun at myself! : ) Anyway after all that, and given that we rarely eat out at restaurants. Usually just Mc D's and Wendy's and even that is few and far between for us. So, we decided to head to Capricciosa. It was Noboru's idea. He said "hey let's go eat something really good tonight" I said, sure, what the heck. So we went, it was just a super short drive from the grocery store we were at.

We had the Sicilian style rice ball, large pizza and a very large serving of pasta. We also had garlic bread and for dessert we all shared one of those 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream covered with warm blueberries. Had hot coffee to finish our meal with and we left. Very full and quite happy. Ha ha ha. : )

Now for the boring mom chit chat here, talking groceries here. Ha ha ha. Not very interesting or earth shattering important but, oh well. : ) I like this Qoo peach water/juice whatever drink. It's very dilluted and my kids love it. Noboru likes it and drinks it too. Regular orange Qoo. Sodas for Noboru and I for dinner time. And straight tea and oolong tea. The drinks, I can buy cheaper at my regular store which is much closer to my house, so I didn't buy too much today. Tomorrow I am going to my local store and buy a box of 6 bottles (2 liters of water), and 3 more bottles of oolong and 3 more bottles of Kirin straight tea. I also have obviously 2 cartons of milk, and 2 cartons of 20% apple juice. Phew, we sure drink a lot. Drinking maniacs, we are! But I am ready for lot's of rain this week. I don't mind. I got all my shopping done now. Come on rain! I'm ready to enjoy you now! All that fresh rainy smell! : )


More boring mom chit chat here, I know most of us like coffee. I love it too. I've been drinking, this Maxim brand,Caramel machiatto. I am a bonafide grouch without my coffee. My brain doesn't even function properly in the AM, without it. And since I live really *really* out in the middle of nowhere. Like seriously...(the frogs, mukades and raccoons are my neighbors, lol) It's sad no Starbucks is in my town, not even the nearest city. Bummer. If I want Starbucks I gotta drive to Narita and hit the one at the mall or cruise the "drive thru" Starbucks at Narita. But it's too far for everyday. Double bummer. So I have been quietly buying this boxed caramel machiatto for the past almost year now. It is actually pretty good. Every morning, I reach for one and make myself a cup. Ha ha ha, I am such a dork! But with my coffee, at least I am a happy and satisfied dork. And grouch free. Ha ha ha.

I forgot to share this last week. But Branden passed another swimming level in swimming class, isn't that great? The coaches tested him last week, while I watched with Noah through the glass upstairs. He could do all what he is supposed to, to move to the next level. The paper, shows how he is supposed to complete those 10 tasks, and if he could, the coach put a circle next to it. He could do all of them. I was so proud, you guys! : )

Here is his newest number. He is now level 15!!! I covered our last name on this award/certificate because you can never be sure, who all is reading this. But anyway, now I have to gently take off the old #16 on his swimming cap and sew on the # 15 now. Ha ha ha! Oh well, I don't mind! : )