Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The mimikaki!


I'm just curious do any of you use a mimikaki? And what did you think when you first saw one? Were you like, yikes? Or what? First time I saw one was at Noboru's apartment when we first started dating. Must have been about 14 years ago. He likes the really long ones. Like twice this length of the pic I'm showing. He would use it. He offered me to use it and I was like. Hell no! To me it looked like some sorta thing people would pull the brains out of the nose when making a mummy. I coulda swore I saw a television program, a long time ago on Discovery, that explained how long type instruments were used to pull brains out from the nose when making mummys a long long time ago and this just really freaked me out! Ha ha ha. Also, it was so long, wasn't he afraid to puncture his ear drum? We dated for years. And I still used my trusty Q-tips. He kept telling me. "If you just let me clean your ears with this, you will get hooked. It feels great!" I think right around when we got married, is when I first let him clean my ears with a mimikaki. I laid down with my head on his lap and he gave it a go. And it actually felt awesome. Really could get a good scratch, if I wanted. What bliss! He was right, I was clearly wrong. It feels awesome and I have been using one for about 10 years now. I still use Q-tips once a week. But my mimikaki never leaves my side and I use it daily. It's the one pictured above, that's mine. It's the short one. And it's not a fancy one, it's probably the most generic one in Japan actually. But I take her with me on vacations, or wherever. I use it every morning. And after my baths at night. And this is the bad part. I am almost like a mimikaki addict. I use mine twice as much as Noboru does. He warns me and worries, that I use mine too much! And if I don't stop using it that much I will end up with an ear ache! I know he's totally right but, it's just that good hook and scratch in my ear that I really love. About once a year I actually do over use it. And I end up giving myself a mild ear ache. (clears throat), Ummm, I sorta did that to myself this week. Ha ha ha. I have a slight ear ache in my right ear. I have had it for a few days now. I have been taking Advil every morning for it. And I have laid off my mimikaki. Sad, sad, I really miss the ol' girl! Ha ha ha! So, do any of you use one? And what did you think when you first saw one? : )