Today were the soccer try outs. Oddly enough, Noboru has been trying to talk me out of sending Branden to soccer all week. I just didn't get this at all. Noboru played soccer in junior high and for a year of high school, until he moved to the US. However, he told me, he disliked it and that in Japan the coaches yell, scream and are verging on being verbally abusive. Again, I tell him...but that was the olden days, I'm sure it's not like that now a days! And for that reason, he doesn't really want B to be in it. I think this is just nonsense. But he is like super against it. Hmmm information that might have been helpful to me, weeks ago, perhaps! As it was too late, my friend was meeting us there. We continued to walk towards the field. Noboru is more a water guy...boogie boarding, surfing type dad. Beach guy, he sorta wants his sons more like that. But I say let Branden decide for himself. Meanwhile, we walked toward the field.
Branden was the boy with the Black Adidas long sleeved shirt and gray sweatpants. Aoi-kun was next to him with the gray pants and gray shirt on the right of Branden, with his arm bent. : )
Noboru had taught Branden this move in the backyard already. Branden was having so much fun. Noboru said he didn't like a single thing about this soccer club! Grrrr! I just don't understand that! I felt it was wonderful! Telling me the coaches were saying mean things, but I said, I didn't think the coaches were mean at all! And I was listening!
This Japanese lady bending down behind Branden and talking with him and her son. This mom's son attends the same catholic school Branden does. And her husband is one of the lower ranking coaches. She is really nice though!
The one and only tarp/plastic sheet actually allowed on the field belongs to the coaches! However, since the coaches wife is a friend of Rie-san's and mine. Rie-san and I got to sit there along with Noboru and Noah! I felt sorta bad, because there were about 50 families, who don't attend the same yochien as our kids, all standing behind us, while we got to sit on our asses. Talk about Catholic guilt, ha ha ha!
Yup that is me taking a pic of myself sitting on this plastic sheet. My little black ballet flats sat next to the mat, since no shoes are allowed on the sheet, ha ha ha.
See, the big kid in the green? Now see Branden behind him and kicking the ball? Out of all the kids, he took to soccer the fastest. And for that, I felt very sad, because I think he shoulda been allowed to stick with soccer if he wants. But Noboru is just so anti soccer right now. I just don't get that at all!
He's having so much fun with it! They gave us all a paper and the hours will be 9-12 every Sunday. And that was the thing that got me. Because I can decide to do soccer and Noboru will deal with it. But the thing that got me, is do I really wanna wake up before 9:00 am every Sunday? I already wake up at 7:00 am every Monday through Friday. But do I wanna do that every Sunday as well? Also 1 or 2 hours is sorta okay. But 3 long hours? Keep in mind, I will also be amusing Noah at the same time as watching Branden and it dos get tough. Would our lazy snoozy Sunday's become a thing of the past? That was the stickler for me! That was the only negative to me. But it is a biggie. Because weekends are a big thing for us. Noboru also said he would vote for a 2 times a week swimming, if we forgot the whole soccer thing. So that is an option as well. Now what will we ultimately do? I don't know. I have a week to think about it. I'll let you all know. And while Noboru isn't crazy about it, but he isn't a bossy man and would certainly, not care if we went for soccer anyway. He just gave his opinion. But it's that 3 hours that kills me. And if it starts at 9:00 am, what time do I have to wake up and start breakfast then? 7:00 am? See what I mean? So...right now nothing has been decided, but it is under great discussion at our house. Ha ha ha : )
Sunday night, Noboru and I made dinner together. We kept it quite simple and we made Chinese food for dinner. We had gyoza, fried rice, karaage, buta kimchee, and egg drop soup.
We had more dishes then this. The buta kimchee dish and soup and stuff, but this is an idea of what we ate Sunday night, before we took our showers and got ready for American idol at 10:00 pm. It comes on every Saturday and Sunday at 10:00pm. We have had just a really nice week, not doing too much, but totally appreciating, not doing too much either! Ha ha ha! One more week of our school break left, ahhh how sweet!!! : )