Friday, January 05, 2007

Groceries!


Not tons of food. Just some comfort food from home (the US) Fritos corn chips! Rice a roni (yumm) some hamburger helper type meal except this one is for chicken and has pasta and cheese and broccoli and it's my fav! Mac and cheese for obento making! Various Pasta dishes, Gravy, chili con carne beans for when we have chili cheese dogs, yummm! Taco Bell, taco seasoning thank god for these since I don't have access to Taco Bell being in Japan! I got 10 of those Taco Bell seasonings and we will use them up that's for sure! Miracle Whip, again for all the sandwiches we make for our obento's! A-1 for steaks, And my god, It would be un-American to not bring along poor ol' Mrs. Butterworth's with us back to Japan, ha ha ha! Real vanilla for cookie baking, not that essence stuff I usually have to buy in Japan or pay an arm and a leg for the real stuff in Japan. And Italian dressing and this stuff is delicious! Just a few food things that make living in Japan bearable, you know what I mean? Well, if you're an expat and reading this, I'm sure your smiling and because you *know* how it feels and you totally will get what I mean! : )






The best part! Cold cuts! I bought them at Safeway grocery store. Kept them safe in my hotel's tiny fridge in our room. They stood chilled until we left for the airport. Hid them in my carry-on and voila! They were still a bit cool when we arrived Japan. The flight was 7 hours. Granted I do this to and from Guam all the time and the flight's only 3 hours! Hawaii's 7 hour flight is still okay. Nothing spoiled at all. And we live so close to Narita, we put it in the fridge right away and it never even got room temperature! Funny thing is, Branden will be heading to school next week with plenty of Oscar Meyer all beef bologna sandwiches and perhaps a few chili cheese dogs and a pepperoni sandwich here and there! We already had chili cheese dogs here the other day and boy were they great!



The cookie molds I got 75% off since I bought them after Christmas. I also got sprinkles and stuff for cookies. And some snack stuff for the kids. Granted Noah's too young to have candy pretty much but Branden can have a few here and there! The hot tamales are mine, I love them! : )

I really like these cookies! Reese's cookies and Almond Joy cookies are so yummy! Again, comfort food, why not? If it makes living in Japan easier and nicer, so be it! : )

The difference between me (an American girl expat living in Japan) and the Japanese women going back home to Japan is they were all holding extra large bags of Gucci, LV, Prada and carrying their new bought prized pocessions onto the airplane and that's fine. More power to them! Meanwhile I was doing the same, except from a western expat perspective. I had my beloved bologna and pepperoni in my carry-on! Ha ha ha ha! Oh yeah and let's not forget Mrs. Butterworth and A-1 in my checked luggage and my mac and cheese, lol how hilarious! : )