Thursday, December 14, 2006

An update of sorts! : )

Things have been rather hectic here at our house, we have a lot of things all going on at the same time right now.

The Christmas recital: Branden has his upcoming Christmas recital, next Monday and also again on Tuesday. Tuesday is for grandparents only! He has 2 speaking parts and I have been going over the parts like crazy with him for the past 8 days or so! Noboru wrote them down for me in western alphabet and so every chance I have, Branden and I say the lines. Noboru also has been going through the lines with him every day as well! Poor Branden must be feeling the pressure!

Line #1 Bokutachiwa Ko-oni da...meaning "we are the little goblins"

Line #2 Sonotane wa dou naruno desho-ka....meaning, "what's going to happen to this seed?"

I've said these lines so many times, I myself have them memorized! Branden has them memorized. But he sometimes mixes the phrases and he says.....Sonotane wa ko-oni da!!! Oh man, if he messes up, I won't be mad. Gosh, I'd never be mad about something so silly like this! But it is a pressure for me as well as for him. Because as a western mom, I know if he botches the line, people might think "yup his Japanese must not be up to snuff, because his mom speaks English to him" you know what I mean, that sorta thing! So, yeah, I will be a bit embarrassed if he messes up and I admit that, but I'd never tell him and I'd honestly always be proud of him no matter what, because as long as he tries his best it's more then I can ask for, but for now, I am working on it with him and I hope he does well! Gulp! Ha ha ha! : )

Grandma Mitsuko is coming next week. She is flying here on Monday evening! And she is going to attend Branden's Christmas recital on Tuesday and leave Tuesday night. But yes she will be sleeping here for 1 overnight. Thoughts? Totally appreciative! I was not thrilled and neither was Noboru or the rest of the yochien mom's when we all found out that they split the recital to 2 days. That Monday is just for mom's, dad's and siblings only! And Tuesday is for grandparents only! For us, it's tough because my mom is in California, so she can't make it otherwise she'd love to be here! My dad is in Guam enjoying his retirement from the US mainland and has his own Christmas plans with his lady friend and church friends, and when he found out, he actually considered flying here and I said, no. That it wasn't worth flying here for! Noboru's dad has been in the hospital for years and will probably never leave (sad because he's so nice) And his mom was our only option! She is the only grandparent we have actually in Japan, well unless you count bed ridden ji-ji in Osaka! However, she has her own restaurants and real estate stuff she does. And so it's hard for her to drop her business stuff. But she did it for Branden. Granted she might be an "iffy" mother-in law. Sometimes I really think I hate her! But as far as being a grandma? She's awesome! She comes through every single time! Do, I really wanna sit with her all Monday evening and stuff? Not really, but I have no right to complain, she is coming to help us out. So I will just be polite and in fact I plan to make her a yummy dinner on Monday night! Also, we also thought about nobody showing up for Branden on Tuesday. We thought...maybe other kids grandparents won't be showing up either? We asked around and it turns out, everyone's grandparents are showing up! And we started to feel badly, because it would be hard to let him go on Tuesday and to look out onto the crowd and not have anyone there for him at all! I even asked if I could come instead and they said no. So, anyway we are happy he will indeed have someone in the audience smiling and looking at him and cheering him on! Phew, it's a relief you know and when you are a parent you worry about stuff like this. It's heartbreaking thinking your kid might not have anyone in the audience for them! So yeah, she's helping us out. Man...I better cook her something really good while she's here! Ha ha ha! And, Noboru is paying for her ticket, yes she uses his benefits, but he is paying the taxes for it and all. We figure she shouldn't have to pay for any of the travelling since she is really helping us out.

Our trip to Hawaii, has been extended by 1 extra day. Why? Well, certainly not by choice. It's honestly because the flight going back the day we wanted is getting full. So, we will now be staying 1 extra night and day in Waikiki! I'm totally not complaining here, ha ha ha! So instead of us staying 6 night and 7 days, we will now stay 7 nights and 8 days! I'm looking forward to this, all of us are actually!

We've already asked our 3 neighbors to watch our house for us. My neighbor lady on the left is the best house watcher, this lady doesn't miss a thing and her 2 dogs are like Cugo and Cugette! Ha ha ha! And the old man across the street, and Ayumi-chan's mom and dad are also on the case! The day we leave, I will be giving all 3 of them a mini 4 pack of Hagaan Daz ice-cream. A small present for them to keep an eye on our house. Ha ha ha! : )

PS, I wanted to inform you, that I have been having trouble leaving comments on people's blogs who have the new blogger beta. And I don't know why that is! It started 2 days ago. I have original or the old blogger. I have been resisting changing to the new "beta" only because 3 different friends have told me they have had problems with it! So, I'm not crazy about switching right now. I can comment on ton's of people's blogs still. People with regular blogger. And maybe a few with the beta? I'm not sure. I can comment at Illahee's for some reason and Marianne's, but I am not able to comment at Midori's. I'm really bummed because I've tried to post a comment on Midori's blog 3 times! Different times a day and everything! So anyway, if you have blogger beta and I have suddenly stopped commenting on your site and if I usually do comment. Just know...I am *trying* it's just blogger beta isn't letting me! : (