Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kashima Jingu! : )Part 2



They had a couple shops and snack restaurant type places scattered around and it was nice. Nothing really worth buying at the shops and the restaurants were "regular Joe" type places, so nothing fancy, if that's what anyone is looking for. One stand was selling a fish on a stick and some mochi type looking thing on a stick. Good simple type snacks.


These eating places were so cool! I imagine eating at them in the summer must totally rock! With all the green foliage and eating on the cute little tatami mats and such. But with it being winter, we skipped all that! : )


Here's another eating place and I thought this one was really nice and must be gorgeous when the summer hits!


I was surprised the pond was this super clean! I could clearly make out the carp. And I've seen a whole lot of ponds in Japan and this one really was quite clean.


Noboru and the boys. I liked this picture because it captured all the different colors of all the trees. I see brilliant gold and orange leaves and some tree with flowers still hanging on! And the clear water reflecting the guys!

Here's the boys and I. : )



There were deer! Poor deer, must have been freezing their little deer butt's off! Ha! Because we were! : )


Now I'm no expert about Japanese stuff. Especially old traditional stuff. But this is where you put 100 yen in the small slot on the right. And then put your hand on the left in the hole and pull out your fortune. Hmm, somehow the term "fortune" sounds wrong or a little off. And my husband isn't here for me to ask him the proper word. But it tell's you like, if you should travel or not if you will have a boy or girl if you have kids. Will you have a lucky year and in a lot of great detail! So it does sorta predict what will happen for you! However if you pull out a *bad* or unlucky one you can go and get things to counter act your future of bad luck! Again, I'm no expert on this, but this is the gist of what I recall Noboru was telling me.


I pulled this out! And Noboru said, that I pulled out the best one! This is the one, most Japanese want or hope to pull out! Mine is really lucky and all good news! : ) Phew! Ha!