
Well it's official we have done absolutely diddly squat for the past 1 month (4 whole weeks) since before Thanskgiving is when we last went and did anything even remotely interesting or even went to a restaurant. We planned it that way, because we wanted to save money for our upcoming trip. Now today was supposed to be the same and I frankly was fine with it. Noboru was going a bit bonkers at the thought of staying home yet again, so we went and did something free! Unless you count the 300 yen parking, ha ha ha! So we hopped in the car and headed to Kashima Jingu.
Here's the boys and Noboru at the entrance! : )


One thing I appreciate is traditions. Not just my own or of my own faith, but I appreciate everyone's tradition's and that must be one thing I love about Japan, is because they do have many tradition's. Here's some "how to's" or some rules for purification or how you should wash up before entering the shrine and temple area. Hold the cup with your *right* hand and wash the left. Then do the same to the other hand. Next cup your left hand rinse your mouth, spit out the water in your mouth and wash your hand you used to cup your hand with, to rinse your mouth. Sound a bit hard? It can be, but it helps having a Japanese husband, ha ha ha! : )

Like father, like son! Here's Noboru showing Branden how to do this and then he will be able to pass this down to his kids when he's grown up! Ha! : )

I snapped this picture to show just how enormous these trees were. The whole entire area was just huge and so open, it was awesome!
Here is where the road forked. We wondered if we should go right or left? Ala Dorothy asking the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz! Ha! We really didn't mind either way but we finally opted on going left! Only because everyone else seemed to go left. ha ha ha, we were such followers today! It was really peaceful and very chilly! I brought the boys' coats and we eventually had to pull them out and make them wear them.