Friday, December 15, 2006

A Holiday Meme! : )

I was tagged by the ever fabulous and kind Marianne, so here goes! : )

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Hot chocolate. With lot's of whipped cream! Yumm!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?He definitely wraps them! : )

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the house and non blinking for the outside of the house. And as for the tree, it doesn't matter, colored or white is fine. Twinkling or not, doesn't matter for the tree.Trees look beautiful no matter what! But outside of the house has to be white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? You know how we have Thanksgiving Thursday in America? Then we have Black Friday for all the shopping? Well, that Saturday is the day we always start with the decorations! The Saturday that follows American Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Well for my family, Christmas dinner always meant, a homemade Italian dinner. A real feast! A large platter of sausages, another large platter of meatballs, stuffed shells (2 extremely large platters of those, homemade sauce, homemade everything. Loafs and loafs of garlic bread. Salad's. Pizzelle's which in case you may not know, it's a gorgeous Italian cookie (looks like a beautiful fragile snowflake), we all make stacks and stacks of these a day or two before, all the women and girls in my family with our pizzelle irons. We also made fudge and traditional cookies as well. And chocolate covered pretzels, lol and my aunts make cheesecake and pies as well! So long story short? Stuffed shell's hands down is my favorite Christmas dish! We've never had a turkey or ham for Christmas, not ever! : )

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:Midnight mass as a child with my mom and dad and my extended family sitting behind us and my cousins (one in particular) gently pulling/tugging my hair, because they were sitting behind us! It wasn't hard or to be mean, it actually made me laugh! Kids being silly, just having fun!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, just one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
We don't have a theme or anything for ours. We just have colored lights on our tree. All sorts of different ornaments and silver tinsel. LOL.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Ummm, I grew up with having snowy Christmases. Shoveling the snow? Sucks! Freezing in the car until it warms up, sucks! It's totally beautiful yes. But, after freezing my butt off for over 27 years of having snowy Christmases, I sorta don't mind going to tropical places for Christmas either. So either way, but I sorta am leaning on the tropical side! : )

12. Can you ice skate? Oh yeah, I can totally ice skate! I grew up in the Rocky Mountains for crying out loud, sledding, snowball making and ice-skating are a given! Ha ha ha : )

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? *Totally* has to be my Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven, man I made some awesome cakes with that oven and the little light bulb! Ha ha ha!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? My family is my #1!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pizzelles, best thing on earth! As an Italian American, these immediately make me think of *Christmas* hands down! However my husband hates them! You can't pay this guy to eat one! Cracks me up, because they are just the best!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?Man I got so many! My family is so big on tradition, they are like tradition freaks! Ha ha ha! Well, midnight mass is a given! I will be attending in Hawaii no doubt! Baking Christmas cookies is another tradition, I will never lose. And also decorating the house is something I will never stop....not ever!

17. What tops your tree? A golden star!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Honestly? Both! But I hate wrapping, I'm the world's worst wrapper! I'm like a freak with the tape and folding those corners, I'm a total maniac with my corners! Ha ha ha!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Judy Garland's " Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" always stops me in my tracks and makes me reflect and miss my family or appreciate my immediate family for sure! For Christmas time happiness and silliness? The Chipmunks singing their Christmas Song is a good one! I love when that one chipmunk says he wants a hoola hoop! Ha : )