Saturday, December 09, 2006

I'm so gosh darn mad at myself about this banana nut bread! Grrr!



I wish I could say staying home this weekend was bad, horrible or whatnot. But honestly, us staying home and just relaxing and kicking back all weekend was awesome! Especially with the weather being so totally yuck here in Chiba!

This afternoon, I thought would be a great day to bake my loaf of banana nut bread, like I've been planning. I have let my banana's get all spotty and giraffe-like. Because as everyone already knows, the older the banana the sweeter the loaf of bread will be. The newer the banana and the less sweet and less banana flavor it will have. So, I let Branden peel the bananas and mash them because he likes helping.: )


I got my butter and sugar and mixed that together really good.


Here we have the mashed up banana, boy they look ugly don't they? Ha ha ha, but they taste great! And the vanilla is in the egg, which is why the funky color is added onto the egg, ha ha.


I chopped up my walnuts. And here....is where I realized I had no freaking loaf pan! OMG! is that, not totally nuts or what? I grabbed my Crisco and went into my pan pantry and couldn't find it. Hmm. Don't I have it? Sure I do (I thought), I looked around all over and nothing! Then it hit me.....duh! I never did buy my loaf pan. I *thought* about it. And even threw it into my cart, *twice*! Once at Ikea, once at Kmart! But nope I don't have one! Okay, now what? I got chopped nuts on the cutting board and my homemade banana nut mix, all mixed! Do I just toss it all into the trash can? Hell no! Think, think! Okay I got muffin pans, and a bundt pan! Muffin pans are fine and normal, many people like banana nut muffins, me included! However....I really wanted to slice my banana nut bread and butter it and whatnot! So a muffin was out! Not knowing what else to do...but really what could I do. This is Japan and the country side to boot. I got to make do here! Ha ha ha! So I threw it into my bundt pan and hoped for the best, on this chilly Sunday afternoon! : )

In the end what do I think? Well, it came out okay. Yes, just okay! Not fabulous by any means! My recipe is old and a good one. It was the bundt pan that killed it. It was too thin of a bread. I shoulda made banana nut muffins instead! Well....what are ya gonna do! Sometimes you make the right choice and sometimes.....sigh. You make the wrong choice!

Oh well, it was still good! I tell ya what though...I will be getting myself a loaf pan, when I go to Hawaii that's for darned sure! Ha ha ha! I never want this to happen to me again! : )

Oh well, as long as I can still laugh at myself, it's okay! It's just bananna nut bread for crying out loud...not the end of the world, I guess. but yup, I messed it up alrighty! But it sure did taste good though! : )