
Monday and Tuesday, I was just sicker then a dog! Groggy from all the bazillion meds I was taking, feeling quite sick and trying to get as much rest as possible. Even now, I'm still not feeling back to my old self yet, but I'm getting better. Even after I blog this...I am going to go and lay down for a bit.
I made hamburg tonight. Noboru and the boys prefer a mixture of beef and pork. While I prefer just plain beef. So, that's why I made two different dishes for hamburg.
I like to buy the hamburg mixes in Japan. And I usually use the hamburg mix in a yellow bag, but this box is also really good. They are all pretty great mixes in Japan, you really can't go wrong no matter which one you choose. I don't use the hamburg mix as my everything though. I use it just as a base. It's a good start, but I do add my own stuff to it, to make it my own and create a bit more flavor. I add lot's of black pepper, salt and some finely chopped cooked onions to it as well! These hamburgs are really so flavorful and so good. And for what it's worth, the hamburg mix has a bunch of panko. And their own seasonings as well. So they are very flavorful, instead of just flavorless hunks of ground beef, ha ha ha! A mighty fine tasting hamburg, if I don't just say so myself! : )

I made oven roasted potatoes as well. These had just butter and salt and pepper. Very simple but great! This pic is obviously, before they went into the oven, ha ha ha! : )

Mixed everything up and started with dinner! Around here is when the doorbell rang and it was my FBC box.

Here's the boys portions. Branden usually eats a ton, but his appetite hasn't really came back in full swing yet, so even though he didn't really feel like eating, I had him eat this amount at least. He ate it and really liked it. Noah, the kid who is always hungry, lol. Actually ate every single bite of his food that was in this bowl. Again, I wish I was feeling 100% better myself, because I might have made some broccoli or maybe a salad, but with me still not feeling myself yet I figured this was fine! Ha ha ha!

Since tonight, Noboru works until 9:30 pm and won't get home until 10:00 pm. Every once in a while, I eat 2 small meals on nights he works swing shifts. Let me say why though. My kids don't want to eat without their parents. And since Noboru can't be home for dinner because of his crazy swing shift, I eat with the boys. However I eat tiny portions. So I ate with the boys as a family. And then I washed both the boys and got both of them in their jammies and we watched TV. And then at 9:45 pm is when I went back into the kitchen and started frying up Noboru's hamburg and made his dinner. Nuked the potatoes and stuff. However he also hates eating alone. So sometimes I will eat with him and sometimes I won't, but every time he has a swing shift, I will always at least, keep him company no matter what. So I had 2 tiny dinners that looked exactly like this tonight. Ha ha ha! Oh well...I just don't want him to eat alone sometimes. : )
After bath time and after Noah fell into a dead sleep on the couch. I went into the kitchen and made a batch of cornbread. I really wanted to eat some, for some odd reason. And oh man was it great! Now I just have to make sure I don't eat anymore of it, before next week! Ha ha ha! : )
I watched the show on Fox called..."So you think you can dance?" from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm. And Noboru watched the next episode of it, with me at 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm, the latest episode of the same dance show. We both ate while watching TV. This show is really funny! : )
Then we went to sleep, I was tired. So was he. : )