Monday, November 06, 2006

That time of the month...

I woke up this morning. Total cramps and such. Yup, sure enough, it came. Blech! Took myself an Advil and had a cup of coffee. I somehow managed to get lunch/obento made for Branden. Walked him to the yochien bus stop with Noah. Came home and laid on the couch for the rest of the morning and early afternoon. I needed a "do nothing" type day, especially with me feeling so yucky and all.

I watched this movie on satellite this afternoon, called Monster. It's the true story about the lady serial killer named Aileen Wuornos, who was put to death in Florida. I remember the massive news coverage about this lady in the late 90's in the US. But watching this movie, I got to see a closer look of who she really was as a person. This movie was awesome. I know I shouldn't probably say this. But I truly felt sorry for her. Yes her crimes were horrible. But it was almost as if, she never got a fair break or a fair chance in her life. I don't know....it just really made me see... things aren't nearly always clear cut and black and white. I really did feel pretty bad for her and this movie is actually very well written and Charlize Theron (sp?) and Christina Ricci did an amazing job in this! I told Noboru about this movie when he got home from work in the evening and he actually wants to see this now too. So who knows....we may go pick this up at Tsutaya in a few days and rent this for Noboru.

Noah and I had some lunch and then we walked and picked up Branden. I didn't do much of anything at all today. I just felt horrible all day. I really couldn't help it. I somehow managed to get dinner made. After that though..I washed up the boys and then I beeped Noboru to come get the boys and he dressed them and then they all watched TV downstairs. Meanwhile I stayed upstairs and soaked myself in the tub for about 30 minutes. Thank god for Japanese baths, because they stay warm forever and don't cool down like American tubs. I slipped on a night shirt and went and laid down on the couch.

Side notes...the Christmas icicle lights for the front of the house were bought already on auction...err, I think I mentioned that already some where....gomen gomen! : ) And we bought the turkey online this evening. It will be delivered on the 19th. And it'll be 26 pounds, so he will be a big one. Oh man...the pressure is on to make a great meal. I think I can....I think I can....I think I can! Ha ha ha : )