Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cream stew for dinner tonight! : )


Feeling a bunch better today then yesterday. I still took myself an Advil this morning,
just in case. After I sent Branden to school. I did 2 loads of laundry. And then I scrubbed the bath and shower area like crazy! I also went through my kitchen cupboards and checked expiration dates and also the dates of the stuff in the fridge as well. All looked great, except for 1 rancid looking carrot! Blech! Ha ha ha! But I got rid of him and chucked him in the trash right away. I went outside and swept the front porch. After I picked up Branden. The boys and I took ourselves an hour or two nap. I swear, I think I needed it as much as the kids did, ha ha ha!

I woke up and grabbed all the ingredients for cream stew out of the veggie bin and fridge and pantry. Mushrooms, 1 onion, carrots and potatoes, some garlic. And some chicken breast and got to chopping right away. Meanwhile the boys watched some TV in the living room and kept themselves entertained while I got dinner going.



Here is everything already chopped. I see the garlic sitting on the onion ha ha ha!


Fried up the chicken breast in a little margarine until it was browned. Then I threw in the onions for a minute or two. Then I threw in the other veggies for a few minutes.


After everything looked a tiny bit soft or browned, I added the water. Boiled the heck out of it for about 45 minutes. Then I turned off the stove and put in the cream stew cubes. When they were all melted and everything was creamy and dissolved I turned the stove back on again and then I threw in the *tiniest* handful of frozen corn. I thought it would be a good idea, especially since it's corn cream stew anyway, ha ha ha! : )


Boiled it for a couple minutes and then I served it. Just the boys and I had dinner together tonight. Because Noboru's shift was so weird. Swing shift and all, you know. But he did have a big bowl when he got home.

Not a fancy shmancy meal, no doubt about it, but definitely one that will warm you up, on a chilly night like this.

The boys and I went upstairs and got squeeky clean. Then we hung out downstairs and watched TV. When Noboru got home both the boys were dead asleep, he helped me carry them to bed. And then I stuck around in the kitchen and kept him company while he ate (awww, lol). Then he ran upstairs to shower and we both watched TV for a while together afterwards. They had a show on the Discovery channel about Japan! We watched it together. It mostly took place in Osaka. And with Noboru being a native Osaka man himself and major Hanshin Tigers fan, he loved watching this show and I liked watching it too.

Oyasumi nasai, and sleep well everyone! : )