
So, we headed out to Tokyo bright and early this morning.For some reason the Embassy was so empty. No big giant long lines outside like there has been in the past. Still so much security and people watching and protecting the US Embassy though. People with walkie talkies from blocks away even. And inside the the American services section was pretty empty. Maybe 4 other people there and that was it. Everyone was quiet and off doing their own thing. Our # was 555. Ha ha ha, funny and odd it would be all fives....considering Branden just turned age 5! Ha ha ha! They were working on #552 at the time we stepped in.
We had all our paper work done and we actually downloaded the applications online and filled them online and then printed it with the printer. Looks nicer and no room for the ol' I couldn't read your penmanship type stuff! We had our 2 identical pics. We took our pics at home with my digital camera up against our wall, lol. We had our birth certificate and everything. She said everything looked perfectly in order. We as parents, had to show our own passports as well. We then paid the cashier and came back to show her the receipt. And before you know it, we were done! Phew! It feels awesome to get that done and out of the way! Really takes a load off. And for whatever it's worth. Yes, we gave them the birth certificate but, she just photo copied it and immediately gave it back to us.
After all that. We decided to head to Harajuku. Harajuku has the largest Gap, in all of Japan. So, we went in there and bought a bunch of stuff for the boys. 2 long sleeve tops each. 1 turtle neck for Noah. 1 fleece sweater each. Sweatpants for Branden and a pair of fleece jean overalls for Noah. I think I might have left something out, because I thnk there was something else...hmm. Oh well, I forgot. Anyway, we left and headed to Wendy's. Yup, we were starving. And normal restaurants cost an arm and a leg. And I guess we coulda went to one, but why? Especially when there's a perfectly good *affordable* Wendy's not 500 feet from the Gap.
Branden had the cheeseburger kids set/combo. And Noah had a 100 yen chicken nuggets from their value menu and shared our fries. Noboru had a single burger with cheese combo with fries. And I had a spicy chicken sandwich set/combo with fries.We all had sodas, we must have all been in the mood for them, lol. When we left, us cheapskates all bought 3 frosties, from their value menu for 100 yen each! We piled into the car, and ate frosties on our way back home to the country! Branden gave spoonfuls to Noah while we were driving and I'm glad he shared like that.
We got home at 9:50 pm. Yes, it was one heck of a long day.

I can see Tokyo tower in the far off distance.

Okay you get a gold star, if you can make some sense of this sign! Ha ha ha, just kidding! But seriously....can anyone make heads or tails of this sign? If I had to depend on a sign like this, I'd *never* know where I was going!!! Ha ha ha! : )

Ahhh kiss, smooch kiss, for signs like this though! This sign, I can actually read and make some sense from! Phew! : )

Anybody notice Tommy Lee Jones on the coffee sign on that building back there in this pic? Many many western stars make some great cash buy selling and marketing goods here in Japan! Becks and Posh/Victoria also do the same. So it's not just the Americans doing it, ha ha ha! In their defense, they probably make a very good extra income by doing this. : )
I've seen Brad Piit sell stuff. Meg Ryan. And Liv Tyler, Natalie Portman and Penelope Cruz all sold Lux shampoo as well, lol. : )

This is the largest Gap in all of Japan. It's a 3 story Gap. Kids stuff 120 cm and older are in the basement and babies stuff to 110 is on the far left and adults are on the 1st and 3rd floor. It's truly enormous! See on the building if you can make out the words, Harajuku below the 3 signs on the building. They sell the Gap PJ's here, which is usually sold only in the US and not the other Gaps in Japan, well they sell them at Shinjuku too and Shibuya, I think but I think that's it for Japan and their jammies.. They sell everything the US Gap sells and also the stuff Gap Japan sells that's not available in the US. So at this store you can get both and yes some stuff is sold in both countries, which is my favorite anyway. I rarely ever get to come here. Maybe once a year *if* that! Bummer, so as you can imagine since I rarely if ever get to come here...I made sure to stop and shop for about a good 30 minutes, which isn't so long really.