Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween everyone! And can you believe, I actually had trick or treaters? Ha ha ha! : )


Geeze with a smile like that, I think it's fair to say, Noah enjoyed helping and watching with the pumpkin! I know Branden did as well!

Branden helped me make the face. We drew it on, together. Then I carved it out! Branden kept saying..."mommy please don't give him a scary face ...don't make him a mean one", hmmm I wanted to make him a scary one with pumpkin teeth to boot. But since a special request was made for "only happy pumpkins" I obliged and we made a *very* happy pumpkin instead! Ha ha ha, oh kids! : )

Here was Branden scooping out all the pumpkin guts and seeds and whatnots. And putting them into the strainer, so I could rinse them and salt them and throw them in the oven.


I have a pretty good function on my camera that allows you to take pics by candle light. I used it the other day but for some reason I did not use it tonight! Why didn't I? I don't know! Anyway...here's the pumpkin with the flickering candle inside but since the flash in on...it really doesn't matter! Whoops, I'm so sorry!

Yes, I'm shaking my head at myself, as I type this! Why Gina...why? LOL! : )

















Here's what he looked like illuminated. he was a really happy pumpkin though! : )

Him with that little smirky smile! And no that wasn't on purpose, that smirk smile was on accident...purely accident, but he still came out great and the fun we had was awesome really!


We toasted some pumpkin seeds!



Okay, so after the boys and I put "Jack the pumpkin head" outside on the porch. We went inside to watch, The Nightmare Before Christmas on the Disney channel. Suddenly the doorbell rings. I looked on our little tv screen thing, for our security camera and could see what appeared to be a tiny little boy standing with a sack! What the??? So I opened the door, and it was Rin, the neighbor boy who's 2 years old wearing a cowboy costume. With his mom and dad. Lucky for me I have halloween candy in my little pumkpin jar and gave him some. Wow, now if that wasn't the weirdest thing to happen to me in Japan. So then after that, Branden and Noah and myself go and sit down. 15 minutes later, my doorbell rings again. Now it's 2 pirate girls. Seriously...I'm kidding you not!!! I opened the door, they shouted "trick or treat" at me. Told me Happy Halloween! Was I in the US, or was I clearly dreaming this or have I just entered the Twilight Zone? I kept expecting to see Rod Serling, give his monologue near my house last night! Ha ha ha! I knew my husband would never believe this, so I actually managed to snap a pic of these trick or treaters this time! All in all, my door bell rang 3 different times last night, all kids...and all wearing costumes! Want some candy? Go knock on the American lady's house down the street on October 31st and she'll certainly give you some candy! ha ha ha! Oh great...I hope this doesn't get around and next year I have a ton of kids knocking at my door! Yikes! Ha ha ha! : )

One of my trick or treaters actually gave *me* 2 apples! Gee, talk about total hospitality here! A treat for a treat! A definite fair trade! Ha ha ha! Only in Japan....only in Japan! It's times like these, that make me love Japan even more! : )

Anyway...we did watch a great Halloween movie and we had ourselves a very nice Halloween, the boys and I. Noboru sadly had to work. Happy Halloween everyone! : )