Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Where in the heck, did my neighbors go?


I have been meaning to post about this for quite some time, but I always get side tracked with something else. So since it's in my mind now, I figure I better blog it before I forget again.

I swear I think my neighbors have met a terrible and grizzly demise! I say this because they disappeared in October and have NEVER been seen of again! Their household consisted of one older woman aged in her 50's (my best guestimate) and her daughter maybe late 20's. And she herself had a baby last July, so the baby has to be like 18 month's old right now? Anyway, we never really have spoken to them deeply, just more superficial type stuff and they have always pretty much kept to themselves around all the neighbors. But we did always greet them every time we saw them and they always nicely greeted us as well. Our other neighbors are more talkative though (perhaps too much so, but that's another post entirely, lol).

Anyways, just one day in October, poof! They suddenly disappeared. They drive a small black car (way smaller then mine) and we've never seen that either. Not a baby's cry to be heard of since, or a car sound or a doorbell or them chatting to and from there car...no more!

At first I chalked it up and thought...hmmm they must be on vacation. The week #2 I thought, gee maybe they must be on a boat cruise, ala the Love Boat type of deal! But, by mid November, I started to really wonder. Noboru, being the wonder brain he is...didn't even realize they were missing! LOL!

I mentioned it to him in November. He mentioned it to the neighbors and they said, they were wondering the same thing! Now, it's the end of December and still no sign!

I could see it if they moved away. But all their things are still in their house. They reformed this house, according to our (nosiest, lol) neighbors 5 years ago, so I doubt they moved away! Anyway....I guess I've got my own stuff to think about.

But, seriously it is a big mystery to me. If you ever see on the news. Maybe not in the US. But, if I ever see on the news here in Japan, that some family was murdered or something else equally as horrible happened to them....I wouldn't be surprised! And yes, horrible horrible things like this happen all the time in Japan, I know because I watch the news.

Their curtains still hang in their windows and their umbrellas still sit in their container out front. Hmmm. I hate to admit it or sound too sappy, but my neighbors got me really worried! Even if I really don't even know em' too well, I'd still hate for something bad to have happened to them.

I'm enclosing a pic of the house in question, lol.