This week has been so nice. I have slept in quite well each day. I don't even got to tell you all, how nice it has been to *not* have to wake up, so flipping early every morning by my annoying alarm clock! I secretly will be a bit sad, when Branden returns to yochien because that will be the end of my getting to get some extra zzz's each morning, lol. Ahh well.
Anyway, what we have been up to? In 28 more days we will be moving! Does that not say it all right then and there?
Noboru has been quite busy calling movers. He called the ant moving company and the elephant moving company and some other moving company as well. Two of the moving company's will be coming in 2 days. One will come at 9:00 am and the other company will come at noon for estimates. LOL. We are going to have to find out who is the cheapest and go with whomever is cheapest.
We went to our new house today. The entire upstairs is now finally complete. All the wall papering has been done. And the carpet has been installed. The only thing the upstairs is going to get done now, is the lighting will be installed and the toilet will get installed upstairs and that's it...our upstairs will be ready to move in *that* soon! Oh yeah and the sink upstairs too.
The actual stairs themselves have all been carpeted. The living room has had the wood flooring on for a month now, I think. And they were actually doing the flooring for my kitchen TODAY! I got to see them do it actually! They had to carry my big ass stove, from the kitchen to the living room and do the entire floor and then carry the entire stove back after the flooring was finished some odd hours later! It was amazing!
All the wall paper has been finished! Both for the upstairs and the downstairs!
Now just the lights and the ceilings fans have to be installed and both the toilets! And then...they give us 2 weeks of something called "touch ups" and they will fix and redo whatever we tell/ask them to do. And when we say....perfect! We move in!
The outside lighting has to be done as well and the non skid tiling for our terrace has to be done as well as the front porch. So, it is seriously really just about done! Just these tiny tid bits left!
In 28 days, I won't be living in Yachiyo anymore. In 28 short days we will be living in our brand new home. And yes, after a long year of planning and meetings and designing each room exactly where we wanted it and where to put our electrical outlets etc. It's finally just about ready to move in!
The feeling of total accomplishment is so unbelievably, unbelievable! Especially since we actually *designed* each room ourselves! Which is totally understandable why we are so proud.
I should have taken a picture of my kitchen today. I really wish I would have! I will next week, I promise! But all I can say is....I was speechless! And Noboru was speechless too! I just kept saying....it's beautiful, it's so beautiful...I must have sounded like a broken record, lol. I just couldn't think of any words to describe it. I was in total shock. Noboru was awed too! He kept saying...wow your kitchen is so much bigger, then I thought it was going to be! Oh yeah and he kept saying....wow...wow...wow, it's much bigger then I thought...meanwhile I am just going...wow it's beautiful, it's beautiful!
The homebuilders were watching us and were smiling, because they knew we were so happy, by their good work! They knew we were just flabbergasted! But in a good way!
So, I'm going to share some pics from today.
!->