We actually have the "ant moving people" doing our estimate for our move right now. They are downstairs.They came upstairs already. They have to go through each cupboard and each closet to see what exactly has to be moved. So, we were saying "this goes" and point and say "this doesn't" and point...so imagine a hundred..."this goes"...and "this doesn'ts!" Ha ha ha.
We have a rough idea how much it'll be. Because a lot of the NWA guys have bought houses recently and they all recommend hiring a mover vs. moving it yourself. Because one guy our good friend Aki, he moved it himself and he ruined his own brand new flooring. Ouch!
A friend of ours in Narita who lived in a tiny apartment and moved in Narita but to a new house. They had to pay US $1,800!!! I think that's 180,000 yen (sometimes I am off with my yen lol but I think I'm right). But considering he stayed in Narita...from to Narita to Narita. And the cost was nearly 2 grand! Gee can you imagine what the price will be for someone changing different cities?
So, since we are changing cities, but will still be located in Chiba. We imagine that alone will be expensive. Since we are changing cities!
So, anyways I hope our estimate doesn't come back too shockingly expensive! LOL. Good thing we are going to have 3 estimates done. But only two today. Basically the house you buy is expensive, but the cost to ACTUALLY move is enormous!
We gotta disconnect our Jcom cable. Which means we will have to all get new email addresses. And a new home number. All this has been taken care of. We gotta sign up for Satellite TV. Get our new phone #. Get our lights turned on etc. So much actual planning these next 26 days.
Anyway so our plan today is, get our two estimates. Then we have to drive down to our new house....why? Because we are about to order our new blinds from Guam actually. We were going to buy from United Homes, but they charged more for the blinds and it was just cheaper for us in Guam and when we were there last week, we actually went there and asked if they'd ship it to us in Japan and they said yes! LOL. So, although we got measurements already we wanna measure one more time just to be sure.
So two estimates and then go drive down to the new house. Hmm sounds like it'll be a whole day thing today.
Also, we have to decide on how we want our front yard landscaped! Sigh, so we have been deeply thinking about that too. I'm telling you...we are deeply thinking about everything relating to this house so much. But we sorta have to yk.
We walked through the house the other day actually looking for tiny flaws, so we can be ready for the "2 week fix up" Moving into a new house is really a hell of a lot harder then I think most people realize. Front yard has to get done still and back yard. Ahhhh!
And I'm not complaining....because we are busy but in a good way! And this is hard but again...in a good way!
I got your email dad and I'll call you right now! : )
!->