Okay chalk this up to another American mommy blunder! When I had just 1 kid it was quite easy. But with two, it gets very hard at times and I have a tendency to be running late *all the time*, I know that must sound awful but it's true! Anyway, N was at work early this morning. And I was juggling my two boys the best I could. I had Noah in the high chair and for the most part he was behaved and playing and quite quiet and content. Branden was also just fine, he was laying upside down on the couch watching Clifford the Big red dog. Meanwhile it was mommy mayhem in the kitchen. I was listening to the best of Hall and Oates on my CD player. And making my munchkins lunch as fast as I could. Honestly? I should be waking up 30 minutes earlier then I am right now! Sigh.
Anyway I was feeling pretty good. I had washed all his uniforms the night before and got them all folded and the smock all nicely hung last night. And his lunch was coming out just beautiful as usual. Then I looked at the time and it said 9:15 am. OMG! School starts at 9:30 am, I knew we were totally late. Especially since I would more then likely be stuck in traffic for 10 minutes! Now here is where the frenzy begins...
So, now I am running around like a chicken without my head. Packing up the lunch box and putting it into the backpack. And realized where are Branden's socks? Well, they were in the sock drawer upstairs! (Insert scream here)! Ahhhhh! So, I frantically run upstairs. Race to get his socks actually run down the stairs and honestly even jump and clear the last two steps! I rush and put them on his feet, tell him to put on his shoes pronto! Then I realize....where the hell are my socks? Ahhhhh! So, I go running up the stairs AGAIN. And can you believe, that I can't find 1 single pair of my socks? Isn't that *always* the case when you are in a mad crazy rush, figures it's when you can't find whatever you're looking for! By this time the clock upstairs is growing later and later! So, I remembered I threw a pair of socks into the dryer last night.
So, I raced downstairs and only found 1 flipping sock in the dryer? How did this happen? At this point I was going to go sockless but then I remembered that I have to take my shoes off, when I enter the classroom and I am sure they'd all notice me not wearing socks lol! So, by this time, I am running around the house looking for the missing sock saying shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! And I finally got my hand and face in the dryer looking all around and presto....I found the missing sock! (relief)
Now here is were it gets even funnier. But let me give you all a visual first. I am wearing navy blue Abercrombie yoga pants, that actually say Abercrombie on the butt (had these for years and I love them), and a navy blue long sleeved t shirt. And fleece zip up that's, also navy blue on one side and red fleece on the other from Uniqlo (it's one of those reversible jobs, if this helps giving you a better idea of what I'm talking about). Not a terrible outfit right? I mean not gorgeous, but for a sahm of 2 kids and it being so ungodly early and all, not horrible, right? Well, now add in black socks. Yup something about me adding long black socks to the outfit, just screamed, call the fashion police! And I also wore Nike sneakers. Yup, now I know to some black socks and Nikes is a sin....but being that they were the *only* socks I could find for some odd reason today. And add that, I was so completely late, I really didn't care at the time! (ducks)
So, I am driving now in the car with my two boys in the back. I am thinking okay.... I did good. I got my boys all set. His lunch is fab! And all is well! Then it hits me....I forgot my munchkins hat! Ahhhhhh! Now if that just didn't beat all!!! I have NEVER forgotten my sons hat before! I truly blame the MIA socks, for me forgetting his hat! At this point I thought....oh screw it, should I just drive us all back home and say...forget it!? Then I thought....nah! It'll be alright, so I forgot the hat...big flipping deal! I am sure I'm not the first mommy on the face of the planet who forgot the hat! I'm glad I have a more roll with it type attitude, otherwise I am sure I would have just dropped dead of a heart attack by now! Ha ha ha!
I couldn't think of the word in Japanese for hat though. So, I arrive at the school. And park and grab Noah in my arms (no time for Baby Bjorn today lol), and take Branden by the hand. And we run through the security gate at the school. And I race to the class. His teachers come outside and all the kids are in class. Saying Ohayo Branden-kun! So, I look at one of his sensei's (he's got like 6 different teachers in the class) and try to explain that he has no hat today. I made a gesture of me wearing a hat with my hands and taking it off and on! Sorta felt like I was playing charades! Finally she smiles and says...ahhh no boshi? I said yes, hai! that must be it...no boshi! Gomen nasai!
Sunday, November 27, 2005
!->