Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday at home





Today was Sunday and we enjoyed a really nice relaxing day at home. We got up about 10:00 am. So it was nice that I got a really nice long sleep today. Both the boys also snoozed until then as well. Branden and I had cereal and toast for breakfast and orange juice. Typical generic 5 minutes or less breakfast lol. Oh well, it tasted great and it was quick. Besides I'd prefer spend quality time with my boys then make each meal by hand ykwim?

Branden has been using these computer learning games. He has a preschool one and a kindergarten one as well. Teaches him counting and ABC's and more. I mean, we teach him this stuff ourselves anyways yk, but he actually enjoys playing the game and interacting and learns so much so I let him play for an hour today. Meanwhile it gave me a chance to clean house a bit and throw in a load of laundry. Then I made lunch.

For lunch today I made some grilled cheese sandwiches, because Branden asked for those. And I also warmed up the leftover cream stew on the stove and we each had a nice warm bowl of cream stew with rice and also had a yummy oohy gooey grilled cheese sandwich. It was a nice lunch. Again our lunch only took me about 5 to 8 minutes. So easy and so fast! We enjoyed it on the mini table in the living room and we watched reruns of the series finale of Joe Millionaire on Fox TV here in Japan. Noah also had cream stew. He's my second child, so there's an experience or wisdom that I got the second time around (lol hard to explain but it's all pretty much, been there done that! And I don't intend for it to sound cocky at all, not my intention at all but I know the signs of a baby interested in food yk) and I am pretty comfortable with him dabbling with foods now at this stage. He is ready and he loves to eat! Obviously I don't give him gigantic chunks of chicken and whatnot. But I do give him the broth of the cream stew and a tiny bit of rice. That's all he needs at this age and it fills him up pretty good, well besides the side of milk that he gets from mommy. LOL.

After Noah ate his lunch and I breastfed him, he took an hour nap. This gave Branden and me some together time. We got out our play doh and sat at the kitchen table and had fun. We only played for 30 minutes. Then we cleaned up. And he laid down for a nap.

I was feeling a bit tired but I decided I better start breading the shrimp for dinner. I also made the rice. I did 1 more load of laundry, this was a load of Branden's yochien clothes mixed in with Noah's stuff.

Noboru came home right on time and I had dinner all ready to go. We all sat down in the living room and watched TV and ate. We had ebi furai/fry, green beans and white rice. Noboru also had a cup of instant miso soup to go along with it. So not an absolutely gorgeous dinner, but certainly a good basic typical home cooked meal.

Now, baths have been given and Noah is fast asleep in my bed and Branden is also laying on my big giant queen sized bed watching the TV in my room. Hmmm I think he's watching Tom and Jerry. : )