Thursday, December 23, 2010

Noah's Christmas recital 2010!!!

A week late, gomen gomen. But bright side is better late then never. ; ) Here is Noah and the rest of the yurigumi's singing a Christmas song. Noah's back row 3rd from the left and his very best friend H is back row all the way to the left. : )
Some dinged the triangle and some jingled bells. ; ) Noah and H, did the triangle. : ) They both did a very good job!
This was the blue badge (oldest class) and they did the Wizard of Oz. You can see Dorothy. Toto is far right, and next to Toto is/was, the scarecrow and the tinman who wore a band with tin color pieces on it. ; ) And as you can see, they just met the cowardly lion and Dorothy just pretend slapped him for trying to bully Toto. I hope Noah's class does this next year. I enjoyed this play *so* much!
The people of Oz to the left...and see Oz? Yes it was just a kid holding an Oz poster the kids made...but this is just kindergarten. So I think they actually did a wonderful job! : )
The Wicked Witch and flying monkeys. And they did throw some bucket with fake water on her and she did not die. Nope no death at our yochien. LOL. She ran away, lol. : )
Noah's class also did Hansel and Gretel. See the gingerbread house? ; )
3 little boys were forest fairies. Noah was one of them. : )

Noah danced, he shook his little leaves and his caboose too! He did very good you guys. : )
Go Noah go! Go little forest guys go! ; )
Hansel and Gretel also ended on a very happy note. ; ). Which is nice because of the kids age. But man...I could have sworn in the real story Gretel outsmarted the witch and ended up pushing her in the oven. So no baked or toasted witch ending here. ; )
Such a beautiful little boy!
The closing bit of Hansel and Gretel.
The blue badge class (the oldest class) does the story of Joseph and Mary and the baby Jesus every year and I am so glad they tell this story every year too.

After the Christmas recital, Noboru and I took Noah out to lunch to celebrate what a wonderful job he did. We went to Coco's. Had the drink bar and some lunch. We knew grandma Mitsuko would be arriving that night to attend a 2nd showing of the Christmas recital the next day. Which is a grandparents only showing.
The only picture I managed to take while grandma Mitsuko was here last week for Noah's Christmas recital. We dropped Noah and grandma Mitsuko off around 9am and swung around and picked them up around 12:30pm. And then went and had lunch at our favorite Indian restaurant.
Noboru, Noah, grandma Mitsuko and I enjoyed a nice leisurely lunch and then we headed back to our house where uncle Jun and my niece Mia met us because they were going to spend an hour with grandma Mitsuko too before she flew back to Osaka. So uncle Jun and my niece came inside the house for about 5-10 minutes (a bit of a time crunch with grandma's flight and all). My niece was wearing Disney princess sneakers. So she and I, in the genkan, named the princesses on her shoes together (all four or five of them that were on there), which she loved doing that. I also felt it my duty as auntie to inform her that auntie Gina's favorite was Belle. ; ) Then Noah said...would you like to go upstairs in my room and play? : ) And she said yes! So Noah and Mia went upstairs in Noah's room to play toys and then it was sadly time to leave (so quick...too quick, they were right in the middle of playing grocery store because I could hear the toy scanner beeping food and the toy cash register ringing things up, lol)...but like I said, sadly there was a time crunch and so Jun, Mia and my mil drove away. Mia did not want to leave our house. She was quite upset at having to leave, I take this as a good sign because that means she likes us if she doesn't want to leave. Jun was trying to convince her they had to go. And I meanwhile told her....I will see you in a few short days...in the airplane okay? And I might have something for you. That did the trick and so she left happily and waved us all goodbye. That was last Thursday. After they left I hopped in the car went and picked up B from elementary school. Then dropped of the kids at Kumon. Ran home prepped dinner then swung back and did a kid pick up. It was a busy few days last week. Plus I had cookies to bake...luggage and carry-ons to pack. Yada yada. Plus the next day was the candle service at Noah's yochien.
And this pic is of last Friday's candle service last week at Noah's yochien. I was sorta running on fumes by the time last Friday got here, but I kept thinking....just last until Friday after school...just make it that long.
The candle service began. The candles were all lit. One person lights a candle and they turn to the next person and they in turn light the following persons candle...all the way down the rows of seats of us mother's. Sorta like dominoes if that makes sense. It's very quiet and very beautiful. All the kids come in...sit down on their seat. The kids don't touch the candles. Each class sings a song. Us mother's sang a few Christmas songs.

My candle, it was quite hard taking a picture of my candle without (a) burning myself and (b) dropping my camera...so not the best picture in the earth but the best I could do considering the circumstances. ; )
2 people from each class were given the honor of giving the baby Jesus gifts. Noah and his classmate Yukina-chan were chosen from the yurigumi class. which is pictured here...sorta blurry or grainy and the lighting is nil. But you get the idea. : ) Anyway that was Noah's yochien Christmas recital for 2010. Can't believe next year will be his last one. Sniff sniff. It will be bitter sweet for me next year, you guys. ; )