I gave it a good cleaning/rinsing. And peeled it and ate it with a sprinkling of salt. So good. The stuff you grow on your own and then get to eat. The feeling is 10 fold isn't it? A feeling of accomplishment and a job well done for sure.

On Wednesday of last week, after I dropped off both Branden and Noah to both their schools. I went to the place in my town to get the ladies cancer check (s). The bus on the far left is the pap smear bus. The bus is the middle is for older ladies, 40 and over to get actual mammograms. And the yellow and green bus is for us younger ladies who still get a breast check but the ultra sound type instead. So, I went into the building. With my form they sent to the house. Me, my Oprah book and my towel went and checked in. I gave them the form and they gave me a paper and I waited for my name to be called. Me and about 20 ladies sat on a few benches. I didn't recognize anyone in this cluster of ladies. Which was fine, I opened up my book and read a few pages before they called my name. Mrs...so and so-san. Oh yes, that's me. So, I went into the next room and filled out a questionnaire. When was your last period. Has anyone ever had ovarian cancer, checked no. Has anyone in your family ever had breast cancer? Checked yes. Whom? My mother. Kept filling out the questionnaire and then they called me yet again. I gave her the questionnaire and she took my blood pressure. She said it was normal. Then I went to another station. And they gave me my #. And talk about complicated enough...just by doing this all in Japanese, but now with the # thing, that was a bit complicated. If you're # is odd you will go through the red door and if you're # is even you'll go through a blue door. On the bus.@_@ Ummm okay, I thought. Looked at my number. And made my way onto the bus. But took my shoes off before entering the bus. The pap smear bus I really dislike. And it's not because of the actual pap smear itself at all. I dislike it because it is so loud in there. Hmm. Let me back track. So, I enter the pap smear bus and me and about 3 ladies are undressing from the waist down all in the same room. We then wrapped towels around our bodies from the waste down. That part was okay. I don't mind dressing or undressing in front of people. So then I went into the red door. And from the second I entered, it was so tense. And it's not just me because I'm a foreigner. I can hear the nurses and doctors with the others too, they are tense with everyone. So, I entered and they told me, put your feet in the stir ups. Okay so I did. Then there's about 3 ladies bottoms (from the waist down nurses all dressed obviously) I can see, because my face is covered by a sheet divider. So they don't see my face and I don't see theirs either. Anyway, I hear...scoot your butt down, more, a little more, open your legs, a little wider, okay a little wider Stay still, don't move! Hmm didn't think I moved a single dot but okay. All the while saying these things in a very frenzied chaotic sorta speaking. Definitely not a relaxed type atmosphere I got in the US. So, they're still giving commands. And then, it's over one says, yes yes it's over.. the other one concurs. Yes over.. the 3rd lady said. You can get off now, yes.. you get down off the seat. What the main one says the others say too, sort of like a lame echo, lol. Anyway...was glad to get that out of the way. Felt sorta slimy down there after that. Sorry TMI. And then I went into the main hall yet again. And there I saw, Kouiki-kun's mom also waiting. Goodness, I thought she had just probably also went through that rough pap smear thing I just went through. Well bright side we're both concerned at least and came for the tests. Yeah good us, I thought. : ) I smiled and gave her a Japanese type head nod, she head nodded me back. ; ) And I sat. The older ladies the over 40's had to hold their papers. They had different colored papers from us under 40's. We had to give our forms to the lady. After waiting a while. Kouiki-kun's mom went into the under 40 bus. And I waited about 12 minutes, she left and then they called me next. I entered the bus. And it was a completely different feel then the pap smear bus. This bus was quiet serene and calming. Not zen or anything don't get me wrong, it was a test I know that. But for instance there was music playing. And we all had private dressing rooms in here, so we weren't all thrown into 1 awkward room like on the pap smear bus is. When I entered my private changing area, the Eurythmics, Sweet dreams was playing. As I undressed, I wondered to myself. Is this the video where Annie Lennox wore that man's suit and had the red dyed hair? Or was it another video/song? See, I could actually have time to collect my thoughts in this bus. As I was slipping off my bra and about to wrap a towel around the top half of myself. Spandeu ballet came on, True. I hadn't heard that song in ages. I found myself quietly going..."lalalala la, I know THIS much is TRUE. ; ) I know I know I know this much is true." LOL. It was very quiet. The lady opened my room and brought me into the ultra sound room. She told me to lay down on the bed, put my basket which held my clothes under the bed. And to just lay down and relax. The room was dark the only thing illuminated was her machine. Her ultra sound machine. I laid down. And another 80's flashback hit played. And she did one breast. And then another. This was the same lady who did this to me last year. I recognized her face, and her shoulder length bobbed hair and I knew she remembered me too. : ) I felt really relaxed being in here. Much better then that chaotic pap smear bus. That pap smear bus..really needs to work on their people skills, honestly. ; ) When she went to the next breast, is when Madonna's Borderline played. She plays good music I thought. : ) She and I chit chatted a bit during this. I had confided in her, "you know my mother had breast cancer you know" She replied very softly. While 80's music quietly buzzed in the background. "Yes I know, she said, it's been on your forms since last year, I always double check yours" Huge sigh of relief. Oh thank you, I told her. She gets me. I thought. I'm so blessed. Then she said...you must be a little nervous. "Yes, I am a little", I told her. Then silence....."But I think I'm in good hands" I replied. She shook her head. And then it was over.

And I went into the little changing rooms that are for after the test is done. Behind this curtain.

Yep, the test was done.

And I wiped all that warm gel stuff off my breasts afterwards with the wet tissues and then dried them off with the tissues. Got dressed and handed the lady at the start, my paper that I had completed all of the tests, and she..."have a good day-ed me" and I told her the same. And into my car and home I went.
So Wednesday after the kids came home from school. Branden played on the front porch with his DS game and his friends came. All together. It was 4 or 5 boys and 1 little girl from Branden's class as well. They stayed until the bell rang. Then they went home. I had brought out a 2l iter of pink lemonade, cups with ice. A big bowl of popcorn and some candy. They all scarfed those down happily. And right before one of the boys left, he told Branden to keep these snacks. And then he went to our housing community tennis courts for his mom to pick him up. He doesn't live in the housing community we live in, is why. One of the boys who came. I told Branden to give him the snacks back. So Branden rode his bike to the tennis courts and tried to give the snacks back. The boy was with his mom now. The boy told his mom the snacks we provided and so the mom told Branden to please keep these snacks for us. Since he was nice to her son. So now we ended up with these nice snacks. Which was a nice surprise. And yes when B goes to play at 1 specific persons house I also send B with snacks of his own and a drink. That way he doesn't just expect them to provde it and we don't. Anyway...this was nice. I have never seen Calpis filled marshmellows before. But they were good both Branden and Noah said. The senbeis both were good the shoyu and the brown sugar ones. Very old school flavor, excellent crunch too . : )

Which now brings me to Thursday. After the boys were off to school, we made it to our movie. Sex and the City 2.

We each got a popcorn and drink. Went in and sat down. It was an excellent movie. So much happeneing in the 2nd SATC. We went to the store aftwards and picked up some steaks. Steaks and baked potato and a simple goma salad Thursday evening. Then I checked my email. And this is sort of very serious you guys and believe you me. I debated even blogging this or just keeping quiet about it, so please understand what a big deal this is for me to be able to share this, it took a lot for me to share this with you all.You all know how important my dad is to me. Anyway, I got an email from my dad last Thursday around 3:30pm. He said he wasn't feeling really well. He had been having heart pains all day and it felt like a 1000 needles stabbing his heart. From the second I read this.....everything on my mind. What I did that week. What I had to do Friday (games meeting). Everything seemed so small and not to matter at all anymore. My dad...god how do I even talk about my dad. The love I have for my dad. When my parents divorced, I felt so torn, who do I live with? I love them both, as I should. But when it came down to it. I had to be with my dad. I can look at my dad's face and know instantly what he's thinking. Without even a single........word. I called my dad immediately. My dad is lucky in that 95% of his dear friends in Guam are doctors. Yes, actual medical professionals. He golfs with them and goes to the same congregation as he does and some also live in the same condo plex my dad does. So, my dad went and got checked and my dad's blood pressure was 180! Which is not just high, it's flat out scary high. The doctor gave my dad new medication. And my stubborn dad went home. He is now fine. But this gave me an absolute scare. Gave my dad an absolute scare as well. As some of you know, he had, had a quadruple heart bypass the year before Noboru and I got married, the year we got engaged. My dad eats very little meat, he's practically a vegetarian, though he will eat meat on occasion... while we're there perhaps. He'll eat a burger once a week. Or a slab of ribs at Tony Romas when we're there. But maybe 1-2 times a week tops for my dad is when he conssumes meat. But yeah....this was so unbe..freaking unbelievably scary for me you guys. I got the worst sleep last Thursday night. Tossing and turning worrying about my dad. Friday morning, I knew I had that Summer festival meeting that morning. I told Noboru Friday morning...forget the summer festival...no offense. But my dad comes first. So, I called my dad after sending Branden to school last Friday morning. He said he was fine. Are you sure? Are you certain? You're not just lying trying to make me feel better are you??? Yes I asked all these questions. And more. ; ) I was wrecked. I checked the flight. I called my dad back even yet again. "Do you want me to fly to Guam today?" Because you say the word and I'm there. I'll go back and pick up Branden pull him from school. Not to worry a bit dad, I told him. "Gina...I'm really fine, stop worrying so much, YOU'RE going to have a heart attack!!!!" Okay well if you're sure. So, then I finished making Noah's lunch. Got my makeup on and got a dress on. And right before I left...I called my dad one last time. Are you sure dad, you don't want me to come? No, honey I am quite alright. Please Gina don't worry so much. Go to the school, I know what you have today. Okay well if you're sure.....so one more time are you sure? Good bye Gina honey, please don't worry so much.
So, I arrive at the school. Walk Noah to his class. Did I have a chance to shave my legs last night? Now I am looking at myself, I look okay, but are my legs shaved? Hmm, honestly I was so out of my mind the night before, with worry I don't remember what I did in the shower that night or what I skipped. : ( I went upstairs and into the room I was the first person there besides the head of the games commitee lady. See this room, this table had many mama's working hard on this table last Friday. Many lovely Japanese mothers and 1 American mother. We worked and worked and talked and talked. This keeping busy was sorta good for me last Friday it kept my mind occupied. Kept me thinking. I cut many red goldfish and added the eyesI did all sorts of stuff at our Catholic yochien last Friday. At around 10:40am, I left. It was decided, I was working the first half of the Summer festival at the Jenga game. A big giant sized jenga, lol. @_@. So 1 hour of work and then 1 hour off and getting to enjoy it with my son's. Then we get to go home. So that'll be cool when the festival happens. And no, I did not tell anyone about my dad's scare from the yochien. I don't often open up and share private or serious things like that. If you ever saw the first Shrek movie? How Shrek said, he's like an onion...because they have layers? lol. I'm sort of the same way, I'm afraid. ; ) Anyway...

This is the room upstairs where we worked last Friday morning at the yochien. I'm glad I worked so hard. I definitely did my fair share for the Summer festival that's for darned sure. I went to all the games meetings we had. And I'll be there the day before the Summer festival to help set up as well. Second week in a row I haven't gone to lunch with my friends at the yochien. : ( But in my defense though, after the games meeting last Friday, all I could think about was getting home and calling my dad to see if he was okay. I got home and sure enugh called my dad the second I got home. Dad!!! Are you okay?! I'm completely fine. I was just taking a nap until you called me. Whoops okay sorry dad....yes you should rest. Sorry please get some sleep. Wanting to call my dad back again. Going absolutely bonkers with worry over here yet not wanting to be a complete pest either. So, I waited. Until he emailed. Yippy. He emailed me. A 3 sentence one. I'm feeling fine...going to run to the store to get some veggies and fruit, I'll email you later. As soon as I got that email. I called my dad. @_@ "Gina! I was just on the way out the door!" Yes, dad I know....I got your email. But.....are you sure you should be mobile? Gina! Yes, okay dad, sorry. I'll hang up now. ; )
Okay....so it seems my dad is on the mend. He says he's feeling completely back to normal. His pills seem to be working. He's taking 1 for cholesterol and 1 for his blood pressure. And he has an emergency nitroglycerine tab for emergencies. So, I should probably relax. I should probably try not drive my dad bonkers anymore by my calls since this news. And dad, when you read this I am truly truly sorry. It's just I have been going out of my mind with worry about you. I love you. I love you so much. And frankly I'd be lost without you. We are so close you and I. And....I guess logic went out the window. And worry took it's place. I will try my best not to call you 10 times a day to ask if you're okay. I'll try. I promise. : ) Okay...if I can just call you one more time tonight before bed, that would put my mind at ease a smidge. And perhaps one tomorrow first thing in the morning, as well. Or am I pushing it? ; )
Noah's, parent teacher conference was last Thursday, before dad's email. Anyway, the Yayoi sensei. Said to us this year.....that last year when Noah entered school he was very happy but very shy. This year she said, he is very out going. Very friendly and talkative. She said he has no bad behaviors in her class at all. She said actually he is very nice and gentle to the younger red badge class kids. He's helpful to them. We got the same sort of comment about Branden as well. So this made us quite happy, he's a good boy. Basically she said Noah is a very smart boy and very considerate of the others in the class. She said that Hiraku-kun and Noah are best friends. We knew this already. And she said, if Noah's is late or not at school (only think he missed 1-2 days this semester tops), H-kun will ask the sensei all day...where's Noah-kun? Is he okay? When is he coming? So, apprantly they're very very good friends. She also said, he has no problem with Japanese, he speaks it with the sensei's and all his friends with no problem. So, we thanked her and then we left. So he had a very positive remarks from the teachers this semester. Well done Noah!! We have a conference for B coming up this month as well.
