Monday, June 28, 2010

The perfect weekend!!!

After the week, I had, this was exactly the type of weekend I needed. We stood home and hung out as a family but also did some light gardening. Both Branden and Noah played with friends in the neighborhood. We BBQ'ed and basically we all felt completely recharged. This first pic...the flowers we just pruned. So that they could grow back fuller and with more flowers. In just 1-2 days the flowers are already budding with new flowers and indeed coming back fuller. Meanwhile, I am not sure if you can see the butterfly at the flower in this picture. But he was wildly attracted to the flowers and my presence didn't seem to bother him at all, so I stood there watching this butterfly fly around the flowers a bit before going into the house. Also, ahem. You know how you have a male and a female flower blossom in the zucchini, well after reading online, we did what they suggested and got a Q-tip and "helped" the whole pollination between the male and female blossoms along with a Q-tip and sort of going between each of the blossoms. The website said the zucchini should grow way bigger after doing that and it actually did grow quite a bit after giving mother nature a little push in the right direction.
Finally we made our way to the mall and picked up Branden a bigger size swim towel. Now he has 2 which is what he needs for swimming at both swim school and elementary school. Also, this year for the 3rd grade they now have a higher level and it's called the "Super dolphin" and you have to test to get in, but he tested and he's a super dolphin now. And they elected a captain for the super dolphin and it was B. ; ) So Branden is actually the team captain this year at the elementary school in the super dolphin level. He was quite happy about that.
Saturday, Branden and Noah played with a whole bunch of little boys from the neighborhood. E-Kun, Kouiki-kun, Keita-kun. The boys next door, the boy next door's little brother, Go-kun (sp?), Ako-chan, so many kids. Then around 4pm or so they all sorta disbanded, some went home. Or broke off into littler smaller groups. And so K-kun and the other K-kun and Branden and Noah went into the backyard. I gave them all a popsicle. Meanwhile we started up the grill.
At 5pm, the music played in the neighborhood telling all the kids to go home. ; ) And then that was it. It was about time for us to eat as well.
A simple weekend BBQ.
A grape soda with ice. And some dinner.
Hi gorgeous....hi Noah, enjoying your dinner? ; )
Hi sweet pea, looks like you had a ball with your friends today. Time to dig in and get started with dinner.
What's coming up this week? This week looks mild. It doesn't look completely busy yet not completely with nothing to do either.
Tuesday/tomorrow. Branden has a medical exam. All 3rd graders are to meet at the town clinic for a full health check first thing tomorrow morning. Which they will also be drawing blood from the kids. We were given a note last month and we had a choice to allow our kids to do this or not. It just a health screening, so we said yes. They will also be checking their cholesterol etc etc. I had never heard of a kid getting a cholesterol check this young. But then this is a different country then how I grew up. I gather from what Branden says, 5 of his classmates will not be taking the medical tests. But the rest of the 2 third grade classes are. We were given a note last Friday. Do not feed your child breakfast beforehand because they will be testing for things like sugar levels and cholesterol etc. So, instead they asked us to send them with a "breafast obento" I have made many many obento before. However I have never made a breakfast obento before in my life. So tomorrow morning, I will be a bit busy, making Branden a breakfast obento and Noah a regular lunch obento. @_@ ha ha ha. It's okay. I really don't mind.
Wednesday is my cancer check. I think I'll bring my Oprah book since I'm still mid through it now. And I'm sure I'll have a bit of a wait until my name is called. And it'll keep me occupied and my mind occupied. Throw myself into a good book. That's the plan. ; )
Thursday, July 1st in the morning is my date with Noboru, we're going to the movies to see SATC 2, and same day but at 3:50pm is the parent teacher conference with Noah's teacher at the yochien.
And July 2nd, is another games meeting. I think this week is going to be a pretty great week, a little busy, but fun though. : )