
This week, while at the yochien picking up Noah. As we were walking in the parking lot and heading to my car about to leave. A yochien mother came parking her minivan and had a huge box of spinach. She stopped me and asked me if I'd like some. Our whole family loves spinach actually. So, I said, while yes...and thank you. : ) And she stuffed this plastic bag with as much spinach as she could possibly stuff into it and I thanked her again and waved and got Noah buckled into his car seat and we hopped in the car and went and picked up Branden. That was very nice of her. And we really enjoyed that yummy spinach.
The red badges were given another box of crayons and glue and a jump rope. The red badges did not have a jump rope however pink badges do. They are slowly getting ready for the transition from red to pink. I still have plenty of the self adhesive name labels I made on my computer for Noah from last year so I don't have to remake those. Just stick them on each crayon and so on. It's not so hard and I'm totally used to it. But we're definitely slowly getting ready for the new class change around our neck of the woods. Also, Chi-chan is going to be a blue badge this coming April. : ( Happy for Chi-chan of course. But sad for us. Because this means she will be in the blue badge class and not mixed in with Noah's class any more starting in April. She has been such a sweetie pie to Noah and to us. I think Noah will be crushed when she switches to the big kids class. : (

See this picture from our security camera. I took this of the kids playing out in the front. They were playing beyblades. Branden is there on the far left. Genki is on the far right and 2 other boys. Kouiki came by a little later and joined and Noah also decided to join them later as well.

I think you can see Noah sitting down on the grass in an orange sweatshirt. He battled with his own beyblades as well. The older boys all like Noah very much and it's good they all know him because in 2 years time when he switches to elementary school, all the big kids will be his friend already. They eventually all went to our backyard and played kori-oni.

The night they played with the kids in the neighborhood, is the night we had cream stew. The day after, is when "the boy next door" and Branden played together after school.

Thursday, the day B played at the boys next door's house" is the night I made crispy teriyaki chicken wings. I did not put the glaze on yet in this pic. We had teriyaki wings, rice, veggie and salad.

Noah had teriyaki wings on Friday for obento, rice and veggie and peaches. He also took sprinkles/furikake for his rice.

Friday, I finished cleaning the house. Vacuumed, dusted, windexed the patio windows that seem to get tiny finger prints on them as fast as I clean them, grrr. ; ) Trying to get the house cleaned up to start the weekend yes. But also because we will have grandpa come this coming Sunday.

Mopped the kitchen floor. Rinsed it twice. Let it dry.

And all done. The trash cans got a wipe down with the Kirkland antibacterial wipes. We are ready for my dad to get here. The kids can't wait to see grandpa.

I think you can see the dish towels hanging on the fence and a few other things. And by looking at the pic, wasn't Friday a beautiful looking day here. Can't believe the weather did a 180 today and returned to gray and cloudy and rain yet again.

Today, Saturday, Branden and I took Noah swimming. The weather today? Raining cats and dogs!

Our favorite *favorite* coach, the Goto coach.

Noah is on some new swimming stroke. And he's maxed out level wise at the moment. Meaning. He is a red tulip. He can't get any other flower because that is the highest level to achieve for an A course. Meanwhile he cannot change to the B course because only kids age 5-6 are allowed. And he's only 4! @_@ So, not until July 7th can he switch to the B course. Somewhat frustrating because it's like he's just on pause until he can turn 5. Only 1 other of his classmates/same yochien meaning a red badge is in a similar situation he is a red badge but he will turn 5 in May, so his wait isn't so long. And the other kids who swim and are also red badges seem to be quite a few swim levels behind them. Which is fine and normal. Maybe Noah and the other kid were just oddly fast or whatnot. I don't know. In the meantime, the Goto coach has been working with Noah on techniques and strokes he hasn't learned yet so they are being kept busy and stuff and still learning, just no more badges to get for my little guy until July 7th or after until he can make that switch to the B course. When he switches to the B course he will be on the #'s. And no longer be on flowers.

His swimming is amazing though.
Anything else to add?: Well, my dad will land in Narita, tomorrow morning. The kids are excited and happy to see my dad. Though the boys both talk via Skype to my dad every single week. And my dad and I email each other about 3 times a day and talk about every other day on Skype ourselves as well. And we do see each other every 3 months or so. So, the kids and my dad are pretty close. And my dad and I are very close as well. But, we are definitely ready to see each other again. And just hang out. Spend some much needed time together again. My dad leaves March 11th in the evening back to Guam. So, that way my dad can watch Noah's Olympic ceremony at the yochien in the day March 11th. All the kids do sporty tasks, such as if you can complete the "monkey bars" you get a star, if you can jump rope 3 times you get another star. And so on. If you can only complete half the tasks you will earn a silver medal. If you complete all tasks you'll earn a gold medal. Noah completed all tasks, a while ago. So he can't wait until the medals are given on the ceremony day. Granted they're just paper medals but they feel really proud still by getting them. And I'm happy my dad can see Noah actually get the medal in person versus just reading about it on my blog. So he's pretty happy to see it as well and looking forward to it. And for B, my dad likes to go with me to pick him up from shogako. And they also enjoy reading books together. So, I think we're all looking forward to my dad coming tomorrow. : ) Anyway you guys....I'm going to lay down on the couch now and relax a bit before bed. American Idol tonight was fantastic. Good night everyone. : )
