Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our weekend!!! : )


These are the only 2 pics from the movie theater that I took on Saturday evening!!! I know they suck and are sorta blurred, but that's okay. It was so dark in there, I wished to use the flash, but on the other hand I didn't want anyone to know I was taking a pic at the movies either, so that's why no flash. And the pics blurred, sorry guys! : ) Anyways, as we were waiting in the short line to buy our movie tickets. I saw this ad for the movie we had already seen called Wall E. Remember we saw this in Guam back in July? Anyway was a bit shocked to see it isn't going to be released in Japan until December. The blurry pic, indeed says, December 6th. Wow, that really is a delay in getting the movie to Japan, I thought. Anyway.... : )

We went to go see Kung Fu Panda, however the movie was listed as being dubbed in Japanese at the movie theater. So, since we wanted to watch it in English, and we were already at the movies, we went to see, "The Happening" instead. It was an interesting movie. Not scary but a suspense. Why everyone is dropping dead basically. Not a horror flick at all, or we wouldn't have taken the kids. It was a good movie though. Glad we made lemonade from the lemons, meaning glad we ended up seeing something good, although not what we originally thought. But the night was good and fun! : ) I snuck some snacks into the movies. And we also bought a tub of caramel popcorn and a tub of regular butter and salt popcorn and some large drinks and we were set! It was a good way to spend Saturday evening! : )
Sunday morning, while the kids still slept, I woke up with the hubby! He mowed the backyard and front yard! Meanwhile I went and did last minute stuff getting ready for my bil and family to get here in the afternoon! If you know me, then you know our home is pretty much always clean anyway! But just to make sure! I did wash the toilet/restroom downstairs, floor and the toilet mat, I washed and hung the mat outside to dry as you can see them hang from this picture! I then went into the kitchen, everything was clean there too. But I mopped the kitchen floor once again just to make sure! After Mr. Clean did his job! I let the floors dry, And I gathered the kitchen mat and the 3 kitchen towels that usually hang from my oven and washed those in the washer real quick and also let them hang out to dry! So there you see, the toilet mat, the kitchen mat and the 3 apple towels I got from Costco over 2 years ago, ha ha ha. All nicely drying outside! They dried right quick and then I laid them back down to their rightful spots! : )

My table runner, I washed on the gentle cycle and let hang dry outside as well! In about 25 minutes it was dry, and I laid it back on the table and was finished getting ready for the BBQ! By now the boys woke up, they had an easy breakfast of cold cereal and toast. Noboru and I ate that too. And then, the boys got dressed quick. And I got dressed and did my hair, put my make up on and just sorta hung out until they got here! : )
My lovely sister in law (my sil), and Noah and my niece Mia! I brought out the 2 baby push cars for her and not knowing if Noah would want one either, so good thing I also had the anpanman one as well.
Mia liked the Anpanman one! Noah was actually nicely pushing his cousin Mia in it. Then I whip out my camera and he stopped pushing her.
: ( Ha ha ha, figures that happens doesn't it?! Ha ha ha. : )

Noah wanted to use the blue one and he asked auntie Satoe to give him a hand and she nicely obliged! Ha ha ha, she is such a good auntie! : )

Good thing, men are always the watchful cooks and watchers and keepers of the BBQ! LOL! After I made the salad, I got to really sit back and enjoy myself on Sunday!

Jun was supposed to pick up 5 slabs of ribs! He said when he got there they only had 4 slabs left! He quickly grabbed the last remaining 4 slabs and after he grabbed them ,the Costco Makuhari was rib less, lol! Ah well, they should get them in by now, I think! : ) Turns out the 4 slabs were more then enough! He also brought a package of cut up ones, but we didn't even eat those since we already had too much food! He got to take them home! : ) Also, the BBQ costs, we just split everything. So his family paid half and Noboru paid the other half. That way the expense was shared! We had big baked potatoes. Fresh corn on the cob! It always tastes best when the husks are kept on and we lay them in the grill, they sorta get a nice roasting that way! Yummm! : )

A fresh cripsy salad, some nice dinner rolls! Man we were all set! : )

Here's the hubster eating ribs! He loves ribs, I think he was in rib heaven! Ha ha ha! : )

My bil Jun, my sil Satoe, my nice Mia! And a very unattractive pic of my hubby scarfing down some ribs! Poor hubby, sorry to capture such a look or expression! Whoops! : )

A great big cheesecake for dessert! It was just a really really wonderful Sunday BBQ! : )

Lots of leftovers cooling! As soon as the meat cooled they went into the fridge right away! I wrapped the corn in plastic wrap and popped it into the fridge as well. The next day for lunch we had leftovers! It was a pretty good lunch, ha ha ha! : ) We kept the rest of the cheesecake, however we really wanted to give/split half to Jun but since they are heading to Satoe's family house for Obon and it's a big drive and they obviously couldn't take the cheesecake on that long drive, so that's why we ended up with the entire rest of the cheesecake. Anyway, we have enjoyed a slice of cheesecake everyday until it was finished off as well. : )

Sunday night, quick pic, right before we hit the bath and shower! : ) My clean apple towels nicely hung on the big oven door. A bit not aligned but it didn't matter. : ) They were freshly clean, so I'm okay about it, lol. : ) The clean kitchen mat that sits on the floor in front of my Kholer sink. The food cooling off. And yup, I finally got my teeny tiny convection oven/microwave/toaster from my shed. Have had this since we moved to Japan years ago. But remember when it went into the shop 2 years ago? It came back, but I was always too lazy to put it back into the kitchen. I did it this morning before they came. So glad I did that. : ) Dishes were nice and clean in the dishwasher already. And with the kitchen all properly clean for the night. We all turned off the kitchen light and took our showers and relaxed for the rest of the night! It was a nice Sunday! Shoot it was a nice whole weekend actually! Lots to relax about, lots to enjoy! I love hanging with my bil and my sil and my niece. Not too shabby of a weekend, I'd say! : ) Hope everyone is still off enjoying their weekends too wherever you all may be! : )