Being the mom of a child in sports is definitely time consuming at times. But, I know the benefits they get and the fun they have, so I figure an hour a day a day or sometimes 2 is not so bad in all actuality! : ) These were either taken on Monday or Tuesday of the week. Noah and the coach! By now, going on such an everyday type basis as Noah has been going, he is very fond of the coach. He really likes her a whole lot. And he listens to hear perfectly!
Kick kick kick!!! : )
This coach is a real kind soul. A very sweet personality and just an all around lovely human being. And so good with the wee little kids! Here she was picking Noah up high in the air! : )
This is where each kid is supposed to do a "canon ball" type jump and submerge and be able to hold their breath. Just beginners stuff, but he did it perfectly! Holds his breath and everything.
Our family has also been watching the Beijing Olympics nearly every single day! : ) We have been watching and paying very close attention to the swimming in particular! Because well, since we are the proud parents of 2 little fish to begin with! : ) Meaning such good swimmers anyway! And also since swimming and swimming school is such a main thing for our household anyway. So yeah...it is something we do pay *very* close attention to. But yeah, after B hits to level 1 in swim club, he will be competing in Japan in meets. And we will be wondering if he does cut the time. And if he does have that speed. If he does have it. Who knows! But as I tell my kids, "honey you can do anything" and "you can accomplish anything as long as you work hard at it and want it badly enough", and I truly believe that. : ) Anyways, the Americans have done so well in the Olympics this year! We are so proud! And especially have been watching Michael Phelps! He's won 8 gold medals so far. And frankly speaking he blows me away!!! I will also try not to mention the thing where that French guy, talked all those tremendous amounts of bullshit about us Americans, and how he was gonna beat the Americans in swimming, *especially* Phelps. And all that pure and utter trash he spewed. And Phelps ended up winning!!! I can only tell you the screams of pride and "oh yeahs"! That went on in our house that day! We were pulling for him! As were many of you, I am sure! : ) What Michael Phelps has done, in a nutshell is inspire, young American swimmers like both my sons! Because it gives them something to strive for. Someone to look up to, as a fellow American, in a sport that they both share and love! And for that, I take my hat off to him! Right on!!!
Did anyone hear on the news? We heard it on CNN, that the little girl in the red dress at the opening ceremony lip synced??? What the heck? Apparently the real little girl was thought of as not being quote unquote "cute enough?" Did anyone hear that? Also on CNN, they said the fireworks half of them were not real and computer graphics? Anyone else hear anything like that, as well? I was surprised by all this stuff! Wowsa! : )
Anyway, the Americans have the lead for now in the medals count! We have the most medals so far, I think. The USA, has 65 medals in total. The gymnastics for the girls has been a good show as well. The first round the Americans did not win. Was hoping Shawn Johnson woulda won the gold!!! : ( And China is well known to have good gymnasts as well. I wish the Americans would bring back coach Bela Karolyi! He was tough, but he was a good coach! I know his wife is coaching now. Hmm. Anyway. Also seems Jamaica has been kicking butt in the track and sprint area. Anyway still enjoying the Olympics a bunch, is all I wanted to say! : )
Chalk up yet another day of swim school here in this pic! And Branden killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Meaning he gets to get his Kumon out of the way while baby brother swims and then he waits a bit and then he gets in the water! : )
See how thick his all these papers are? It's like an inch thick! Poor B! Yup, he may have all his summer ichinensei homework out of the way, however he still gets an inch thick of assignments to do every single week! And he does it without fail and without complaint. So he's a super good kid in my eyes....because between you and I, I'd be complaining my butt off, if it was me! Ha ha ha. : ) Somewhere between 60-70 sheets a week.
English assignments he gets at Kumon are fill in the blank. he has to read a paragraph on the other page and then turn the page and fill in the blanks. And at Kumon they also mark off, if your penmanship sucks. And they even mark off, if you forget to write your name. Each packet is about 5 pages long. And he gets 5 packets of those. Not counting the Japanese he gets either.
As you can see from this pic, half his assignments are in hiragana and the other are in katakana. And for being 6 years old, I think he's doing great! Kumon has helped my son a lot. And when Noah hits age 5, he will be joining Kumon as well with his older brother. : )
Wednesday, Branden's swim pics! : ) Yup, they start off with the big kicks along the side! Just the same as Noah's little kids class does!
Aha, there's my Mr. Green goggles down there! I see ya baby! : )
It's very regimened. Almost military style. They go back and forth. Looking for speed and technique. And coach stands in the water making corrections if you need them. It's honestly really wicked and cool to watch! : )
And now for the racing/competing part! They do not race by age, they race by level. Many of these kids are 7, 8 and can even be 9 year olds. And yes some 6 year olds like B. There are quite a few 3rd grader's in here. Anyway, B had to swim against this girl. The coach paired off the kids. They were neck and neck for the longest time! As you can see in this picture!
Branden has that little bit of fire or drive or I don't know what, inside him and I don't know what he did, but he edged in front of her! She tried so hard and kicked so big, but that only made him try harder as well. It was exciting watching from upstairs.
And bingo bango, Branden won, he touched the wall first as you can see from this picture, coach tooted her whistle loudly and shouted B's name. And the racing continued.
Next they all had to do the backstroke. He does have a fierce backstroke! He really does! : )
Noah watched on from upstairs.
The racing stopped and then it was up to the working on the breast stroked techniques. Meanwhile while he was waiting he was chit chatting with a few of his buds/pals/friends! : )
Yup there's the coach molding your leg in the right position! Good coach! And your new moves are now starting to look really spot on B! : )
Yup, bending the legs right.
And a bit blurry but see? he's got it! A perfect frogs leg! (our funny name for it) LOL! but he's got it down! So right on! : )
Thursday, I didn't take pics at the swim school! But there were only 3 kids for Noah's section! 2 little girls and 1 little boy which was Noah! : ) These were from Friday! Not many kids, but all boys today! : )
Kick kids kick! : )
Yay Noah! : )
Friday after swim class, we had all the papers transfered over! Remember he was on that 1 month compressed try out? Well, now after all the filling of forms and such, Noah is now a member of the same private swim club Branden goes to! Today he got his swimming bag! And he also got his ugly swimming trunks. I really hate/loathe the boys uniform they all have to wear....those bikinis/banana hamocks all the little boys have to wear, but, so be it, I guess! : ) But yup, a full member from now on! : ) : ) Oh yeah and Branden got new swimming bikinis from the swim school today too. 2700 yen each pair, so 2 pair of those for our family today. Riduclous for the price of the swim trunks. But ah well. At least they are in a good sport and being active good kids. Better then being in a gang or a being a common hooligan, I guess. So no complaints from us! Ha ha ha. : )
On the way home from Friday's swim class. We stopped off at the bakery. Bought some melon pans, a honey and toasted almond bread. And some bread for Saturday's breakfast. : ) Just a few things. : )
Friday night, I made something quick and easy. I made chili. Texas style chili. Chili concarne basically! : )
After our chili concarne dinner. Noboru showered with the boys. I showered alone. And we all went downstairs to relax some more. Seems our whole summer has been one big giant relax mode session really! I watched TV and relaxed. And the kids played with some stickers. However they didn't stick them ont he books they stuck them on each other! Yup, apprantly that is what delights my 6 and 3 year old these days! Sticker face!!!
After a bit they both went to bed. And the hubs and I got to unwind without kids! Sit and talk and laugh! I hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but honestly, my husband is really my best friend! He's so funny and always listens and makes me laugh absolutely every single day! We are the same age. We met when we were both 21 years old in uni! He knows nearly everything there is to know about me and me, him! And now we are both 36. 15 years we've been together...and you know what, I'd marry him all over again, in a heart beat. And not so sound too, "mini me and Dr. Evil" about things... but yeah....he completes me, lol! He's the absolute love of my life and apparantly the feelings mutual, lol! Ha ha! Anyway, enough lovey dovey talk! But it's just been a real quiet week at our house. Staying close to home this week. Well except swim school. But other then that, just staying near home, playing in the backyard or renting movies. Just enjoying the week basically! : ) Oh yeah and I jokingly told my husband the other day...."I go to swimming school so much, I feel like I am starting to feel like the movie "Groundhogs Day" You know, menaing....am I reliving the same damn day or what here??? LOL! And he gets me. He gets my sense of humor. : ) Anyway, hope everyone reading this, is well and enjoying themselves wherever you all may be! : )
Also wanted to add! Was completely disappointed this morning to hear that the US woman pole vaulter trash talked the Russian lady. In the same vein of what the French guy did with regards to the US swimming team. I don't care for trash talk. It's not what the Olympics is about. This, at the very least is the one time every 4 years all our countries can get together and have a good game and be friends! This whole trash talk thing just isn't pretty and it's horrible absolutely horrible sportmanship! Besides being tacky! I being a very proud American, meanwhile didn't root for that American pole vaulter. Sorry. Just really dislike the trash talk and it turned me off! : )