Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bits from our week!!! : )


Tuesday morning, Branden was asked to bring a mayo bottle or a ketchup bottle. The entire class was sent with a note, apparently they will use it for some art and water project. They will make a make shift squirt bottle from this. I prefer Miracle whip, which is what I grew up with and so I use that. But the hubs prefers what he grew up with, which is fine for both of us, ha ha ha, so he uses Japanese mayo.: ) I squirted it all out and put it into a tiny container. And cleaned this bottle out by hand and also let it wash in the dishwasher the night before. This morning, I dried it off, put a self adhesive water resistant name tag on it. And also hand wrote his first name on the cap, just in case.: ) As always, there are always small tiny weekly type things to do like this, which is fine.: ) Like, kids please bring this to class or mom please run and go buy that, ykwim. : ) Like I said, it's always something and that's okay, ha ha ha. I definitely am not complaining, but yeah there is a lot more to do, once your kid starts elementary school. : )

Name went on every single part of the bottle, ha ha ha. It was supposed to be named though, the letter stated so. : )

Tuesday night's dinner was easy, thanks to the Carrefour rotisserie chicken. I also roasted some potatoes, man were they good! Browned and crunchy on the outside. Made some broccoli.

Tuesday nights dinner, what my plate looked like. Chicken, rice, roasted yummy potatoes, and broccoli with butter, salt and pepper. All four of us had the same.
Wednesday morning, after I had sent B to school. It was straight to the instructions that the school kindly sent to everyone. And I got out my sewing machine and got crackin' on making the name tags per their request! : ) See, this picture, isn't that name tag supposed to be huge for the boys swim trunks and the girls swim suit also has a huge name tag smack dab right in the center of the swim suit. That is like overly big! Ha ha ha! But, oh well, that's how they want it, I guess, so I will do exactly as they said. : )

Again, I make our cloth name labels from my computer and print them out. That way the writing is perfect and all the letter sizing is uniform and straight. : )

Name tag on the towels as well. I didn't buy him a new swim towel, he can use what he uses at swim club. Okie dokie, looks like we are indeed ready for Branden to start swimming at the elementary school. : ) I will be sending Branden with his swim bag on Thursday! : )

Wednesday nights dinner! Ginger pork, rice and green beans. A simple dinner, but yummy nonetheless! : ) Hey, I am by no means a fancy shmancy cook, ha ha ha. Just simple basic, no frills type meals are our thing! : )

Thursday nights dinner, I had a nice block of beef, and I diced it up and I fried it up for beef curry for Noboru, Branden and I. And I made beef stew for Noah. Just split the pot into 2 different pots, before I added each box of roux.

After I fried up my cubed up beef, I boiled it for an hour and checked, wasn't tender enough, boiled another hour and checked and nope not tender enough, boiled another hour and it was falling apart type tender! Yumm! Added my veggies and in 20 minutes, turned off the stove, split the mix into 2 pots and then I added the cubed sauce roux to each and yumm! A nice smaller pot of beef stew for Noah. And a nice pot of curry for the 3 of us. Curry was gone completely. I had 1 serving, Noboru had 2 servings and Branden ahd 2 servings too. A nice Thursday night.

This was my hearty serving of beef curry on Thursday night! : )

This is the map course of the roads the foreign license test is given on for those of us taking it at the Chiba testing center. Yes, the Japanese, take their test on an actually different and harder course, I think. I have been studying this route/course of this about 30 minutes each day, since I was given this on Monday. I also highlighted the places I need to make stops at, with a blue highlighter. So yeah, I have been busy this week studying my ass off, trying to memorize this blasted driving course! Ha ha ha! Wink, wink!!! : ) Well, whatever the outcome, I'll be sure to let you all know what happens next week! Gulp, he he he! : )
Other things keeping me busy these days, The community undokai for our area is on June 21st. Branden has been off practicing for fun in the backyard, and I have been watching and cheering him on. Also, our undokai will be indoors, yay! Umm, what else?
* Well, my upcoming drivers test next week. And my daily studying of the course map! : )
*Also still have that lunch at Branden's school, I will attend. Hmm, better track down that paper and get the actual date.
* Oh yeah and on June 20th the day before undokai, I have a parent teacher conference with the Kumon teacher. It's at 10am, and Noah and I will be heading there to see her. Branden does fantastic, with Kumon, no worries at all, it's just it's a yearly or so thing everyone has to do at Kumon right now. So, I got that also marked on the calender on the fridge.
* Plus the swim school/club, the Kumon and other activities I am always running to, lol. Which we love, so no complaints just busy though. : ) Plus housework, and cooking dinners and whatever else. : )
* Branden has been having a bit more homework lately. Just a lot of reading. And we, sign it when he reads it and write how many times he has read it. Some kids in his class read things 5 times, one 10. So, Branden wants to read, this particular reading say 6 times and the next one 4 times. And there goes an hour of my night, helping my wonderful son with his homework. Again, Noboru and I love helping B with his homework, it's our pleasure. But just teeny tiny things like this do consume time. Yochien was a total cake walk compared to this! Again not complaining but yeah, we are a lot busier around here then before. Also, interesting tid bit, Branden seems to be a whiz at math. How interesting, because I am horrible at math, ha ha ha.: ) But Noboru is great at it.
** Also our vacation plans, looks like we will be leaving to America, a week earlier then expected. So, yeah around July 12th, or 13th, maybe 14th the latest, but yes we will be leaving about a good 6 days earlier then we thought. And then be gone for about 9 days. Why? Well, because flights are more open those days and less coworkers are requesting that week off versus the other week. So a higher chance of things working out.
**The day, I am taking my driving test, Branden will go home that day with Genki after school. His mom offered to watch Branden on that day. She knows I am going for my drivers test. And she offered to keep Branden for as long as we need her to. Probably just 2 hours at the most for after school. This way he doesn't have to miss school. And I trust Genki's mom completely. And that's saying a lot because I don't trust my kids with anyone. Ha ha ha. So, yeah I am sure he will be fine. At least this way, they can play for 2 hours. : ) Or do homework together for 2 hours. or a little of both maybe! : )
**TV talk, Still watching and loving Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives! The Dexter second season ended here, so not watching that lately. Cold Case is back on and have been watching that. Love the music from Cold Case, there is actually a website online that lists the music from each episode. Great for me, since I really enjoy the music. Movies on Sky Perfect, I've caught lately, Cold Mountain with Nicole Kidman and Renee Zellweger and Jude law! Awesome movie! I also caught..."the Other Sister" with Juliette Lewis, such a fantastic movie, saw this before but *love* it!!!! Child's Play, that creepy movie with that weirdo Chucky doll! Ha ha ha. I caught that after the kids were in bed. Good thing the kids didn't see that! It creeps me out! And also saw the Amityville Horror, the newer version on Sky Perfect lately too. Now the Amityville movies *really* freak me out! Telling the priest, to "get out!!!" Yikes, I woulda high tailed it out of there too!!!" Ha ha ha!
**Anyway and now it's Friday! I must tell you, quite frankly, I am so glad it's Friday! Yay! TGIF! I love the weekends, I need the weekends. A few days to recover before the week hits me all over again! Ha ha ha! : ) I feel as if, I am running on fumes here, lol! So, just really happy it's Friday! Gonna shut the computer down early this evening. And gonna enjoy my evening with my kids! The hubster is working until 8:30 pm tonight, which is fine. : ) Relaxing and quality time is definitely in order! At 2:50 pm B gets out of school. But I'll be there by 2:35 as usual and just read a magazine, because I am always a bit early. : ) Have a lovely weekend all of you! : )