Saturday's final performance!!! By the way, anyone notice the guy from Beverly Hills 90212 in the audience, Luke Perry, he used to play Dylan! LOL! : ) I noticed him right off! I also saw, Syesha in the audience as well! : )
Tonight both of the David's had to sing 3 songs. First song was the choice of BMG great, Clive Davis. And the second song was the song from that song writing contest they held. That round was called, the "new song contestant choice round" or whatever and the final and 3rd round was just the contestants choice.
First up was David Cook, and the song Clive Davis picked out for him was, U2's, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for", Randy said, it was a nice song choice, and said something along the lines of, he could have done more with the song or something along those lines. Simon said, he thought it was phenomenal.
1st song for David Archuleta, was "Don't let the sun go down on me" Clive Davis picked this for him, and I thought he picked a good song for David Archuleta. He actually picked great songs for the both of them.Randy loved it and said, "this is one of the best performances of the season" Simon said "I thought tonight's performance was the best you've done so far" And Simon further added, 'taking everything into account, round one goes to Archuleta" Honestly? I agree, first round, definitely went to David Archuleta!!!
2nd song for David Cook was, a song called, "Dream big" And interesting comment made by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber tonight, he said, "I think David Cook has to look after his voice" Interesting he thought that. Anyways, Randy said, "Song was just okay for me, but you were singing your face off." (umm ugh, err, did he say, face?) Meanwhile Simon was not thrilled with it, he said, "using a boxing analogy, a bit of a light weight, I thought. And he added 6 and 1/2 out of 10. I agree. It wasn't that great of a performance by David Cook at all. Sorry : (
2nd song for David Archuleta, "In this moment", Randy said, "again I wasn't crazy about the song, but you could sing the phonebook, you are in the zone"!!!! Simon agreed, and he said, "you definitely chose the better song there. And Simon added, "***Round two goes to David Archuleta**" Again, I absolutely agree. Not being partial either, just being honest! I am hearing it, the same as the judges are!
3rd and final round, David Cook, picked "The world I know" by Collective Soul, Randy said, "that was a very nice job dude", Simon was a bit more honest I think. and he said..."it was completely the wrong song choice for you, shoulda went with Billie Jean or "Hello"...again when Simon is right, he is right! I think that woulda been a smarter move on David Cooks part to pick a song, that had such an almost cult following this Idol season. Hmm. Yeah, I agree, he should have chose a song like Simon said...Billie Jean or Hello.
3rd and final song for David Archuleta, he was so smart and went with John Lennon's Imagine. He went with the version, that he did earlier this season and it was a hit!!! So, very smart of him to stick with what he *knows what works* His performance of this song was flawless!!! Judges thoughts? Randy said, "dude you are so good tonight and the best singer of season 7, is right there!!!!" "Right there!!!" Crowd went all wild and cheered!!! David's eyes teared up! Paula said "you were stunning tonight" and Simon said it best..."you have came out here to win and what we have witnessed is a knockout!!!!" I completely agree! I think any of us who witnessed or viewed this performance will agree. He was by far the better performer tonight, bar none!!! Whether you like him or not, it's true! Again, even the judges said so!
Tomorrow night, will be the big finale show and we will find out which David has won! Frankly speaking, I will be fine with whoever wins either way! It's just a show, nothing I'd definitely lose sleep over or anything, lol. But honestly, if it boils down to who out sung who tonight. Then the winner should undoubtedly be David Archuleta, plain and simple, again even the judges thought so tonight. Now if it's a popularity vote...then I suppose David Cook would win and that would be a shame, because he most certainly did *not* out sing David Archuleta by any means tonight! And that's for damned sure!. Anyways, we will see how it all unfolds tomorrow night! : ) I will be updating in this post tomorrow evening, after the show ends for us here in Japan! Oyasumi~
And as you know from my writings and stuff about American Idol, I actually really and truly like both of the Davids, sigh. So, anyways, we will just see what happens tomorrow. Good night! : )
Update!!! It just ended, and David Cook was made the winner tonight! I will make another post about the finale now and my thoughts! : )
Saturday, June 14, 2008
!->