If you remember last year I really didn't like switching to the metal winter obento from the plastic summer and spring obento. It took a lot of getting used to from me, ha ha ha. Flash forward a year later to now and I actually really love using the winter obento now. Funny how a year can change things, can't it? : ) I like it because it really changes the type of meal/lunch I can send with B each day. He can actually have a warm meal versus a sandwich and whatnot (not that a sandwich is bad thing, heck no, it just adds more variety if you know what I mean : ). And meals actually stay warm. Branden said to me that he actually burned his hand a bit, while opening his metal obento the other day, ha ha ha. I said they must keep them nice and warm then. And to be careful. Anyway, what's in this picture? Let's see, a nice beef stew that I made the night before from when I took this pic, on a bed of white rice. A colby jack cheese toasted quesadilla. A diced up apple and a mikan jelly. A very simple lunch. I just warmed up the leftover stew from the night before. So that part was easy and I made the quesadilla that morning real quick. Lunch came back empty! Completely eaten by my little guy! : )
Leftovers again. In the morning, I got out some leftover hamburg, and pan fried them up real quick, that way they were freshly made that morning. I added a bit of cheese to top them off. A few roasted potatoes and green beans from last nights dinner, as well, that I just nuked. A freshly diced up apple and this time, it was a peach jelly. It makes me happy knowing he can have a nice warm lunch like this, especially now that the weather has been so chilly! Once again, the lunch came back completely empty! Man, he's a good eater! He's slim, so I needn't worry, but he does eat good! : )
And final picture I'm showing of the obento's from this week. Although I make Branden's lunch every single day. Ginger pork (again leftovers my biggest and greatest life saver, ha ha ha) and I was going to give him broccoli since that's what we had at dinner, but as we ate them all, I sent him with some steamed green beans. Oh well, as long as he got a veggie in there, it's okay. White rice, a super sweet mikan and that day I made it a pineapple jelly! : )