Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Monday flu shot! : )


So Monday morning, we got up like it was a school day. We all had cereal and toast before heading out to the doctors office.Our appointment card said to come in between 9:00-11:00 am. We arrived at 9:04 am. Just 4 minutes after it opened. However, there were about 49 old/elderly people already in front of us. We actually were #50, but about 15 people actually came after us, maybe even more. So a waiting room of about 65 people. It was crowded, good thing the waiting room was actually large enough to fit that many. Noboru and I and the boys were the youngest people in the entire place. I saw many many of the old people walking with canes. A few in wheelchairs. It was just an old people bonanza. So many of them had met their friends there. It seemed almost like a happy get together for seniors, then an office visit for many of the old people. The wait was unbelievably long. We literally sat in the seat and the nurse didn't even give us the thermometer to take our temperatures until 10:30 am! Yes, an hour and a half of sitting later! Around 10:50 am, we were called into the pre check room. He gave us the A-okay to go ahead and get the shot today. He said as soon as the doses got mixed they would be calling us soon. So we again went back into the waiting room.

Now the ball was running because in less then 5 minutes they had called our family into a different room. 2 nurses were in there. When they were ready, they called the woman doctor from wherever she was, she came down and into the room. She gave Noboru his shot first, then me. And I must say, I haven't got a shot in years. And I had only had a flu shot once in my life, when I was about 17 and in Denver. I can say, for certain, no wonder kids cry during their shots! It freaking hurts! I guess, I hadn't remembered that. But, now, I do. When she gave me the shot, the actual needle going in, hurt mildly, but the meds in the actual shot, I could feel it and it burned a bit. Obviously I didn't cry, but yes, no wonder kids cry. It's not a good feeling. Branden went after me, he didn't cry, he just sat quietly and did a good job. And Noah? he screamed his ever loving head off! Ha ha ha!

The doctor had told us that, us adults only need the shot once. And since I read that same information of the US site about the flu shot, I knew she was right. She also told us that kids need to get the flu shot twice (same info, the US site said, too). And asked us to come back in 3-4 weeks. Poor Branden and Noah, for having to get it again. And poor us for having to end up with another long wait like that! Geeze, I hope it isn't crowded like this, next time. We finally left the doctors office about 11:40 am. We were so happy to be outta there! Oh my gosh! Ha ha ha. We went and had some ramen and gyoza! The picture is of my lunch! I had the tantan-men! I added the garlic, and I crushed the sesame seeds with the pestle and added them to my noodles, I added them all! Oh man this was a good lunch! Really hit the spot after waiting around all day at the doctors office! : )

I ran into the store after and I got these 2 roast beefs. And I fried them in some olive oil and salt and pepper, after I diced up the beef in little cubes. And after they were 100% fried, browned and cooked, I added the water and boiled on a high heat like crazy for a few hours until the meat was fall apart tender. Added veggies and presto, change-o, a nice pot of beef stew, with white rice on the side, and warmed dinner rolls with butter was our dinner Monday night. About the shot, Noboru and both the boys, have had no reaction to the flu shot at all. They seem fine. However, as for me, my arm is sore! : ( I hope my arm soreness goes away in a day or two. Anyway that was what we did on Monday! : )