I'm a sucker for movies. And like most expats, I always stock up on many movies, for both the kids and I, whenever I get my feet in the US. I used to always do movie reviews, but for the last 2 or 3 trips I went on, I didn't show the movies I brought back and I also neglected to review any movies in quite a while. So I thought it might be fun, so without further ado, here's some of my thoughts on them. : ) (and of course, as it's my blog, it's my opinion, of course some of you might have different takes on the movies altogether : )
Hannibal. Now I like the Silence of the Lambs a lot. I found it to be a great thriller. The second one was so so. And not surprising Anthony Hopkins wasn't in this third one, can't say I blame him. This movie was just okay. The first half was interesting. But they lost me at the last half. The last half, I found sorta boring.
The Holiday, with Jude law (OMG he's so hot!), and Cameron Diaz, and Kate Winslet. I found this to be a really good movie. I liked it a lot. I will definitely watch this again!
Miss Potter, with Renee Zelwegger. It's about the life of the author who wrote the Peter Rabbit books. Very great movie! I really loved this one actually. Will definitely watch this one again and again!
Night at the Museum, with Ben Stiller, OMG! I love Ben Stiller movies anyway. He's so darn funny. Down right hilarious actually! This was a cute film. I also was happy to see, Dick Van Dyke take a small role in this as well. Really good comedy film!
The Little Einsteins and Dora movie, the boys both love them! They watch them again and again! The Little Einsteins movies are great because they teach kids about classical music. And art by famous people. Plus they learn tons of stuff. So, I never mind buying the Little Einsteins movies for the kids. Very educational and keeps their interest! : )
Bridge to Terabithia. I bought this one for the kids. It wasn't so good, I am sorry to say. Didn't keeps the kids attention at all. The little neighbor girl died in the end. Again not a horrible movie, but just okay. Even Noboru said, "this movie is losing me here".
JSA, Noboru picked this one, it's about the DMZ in Korea. He said it was a pretty popular movie in Japan but since my Japanese stinks. He got this in the US, so we could have choice of dubbing in English, which we didn't use. We used the English subtitles instead. It was a really good movie. Very sad.
Music and Lyrics, with Hugh Grant (so funny) and Drew Barrymore (love her movies), however I really didn't think this was a very good movie at all really. Hmmm.
Come Early Morning, with Ashley Judd, I like her as an actress a bunch. But this movie wasn't so great either.
Not so bad. 3 duds outta the bunch isn't so bad, I guess! ha ha ha! These are what I brought back a few weeks ago. : )
The Black Dahlia. I had been dying to see this movie. However, I thought it was pretty horrible. It didn't really talk about the real life murder mystery of that lady at all. It really focused on some fake plot or story of 2 detectives and them being in love with the same lady, who was not even the black dahlia, by the way. I wish they woulda just stood with the real story instead of some funky, way off plot, way in left field. Grrr!
Flushed Away. This was an awesome movie! It's about a snooty pet rat. He gets flushed down the toilet and is now mixed in with the riff raff rats of the sewer and all he wants to do, is to make it home.
Arthur, this has voices of some big wigs in Hollywood. Snoop Dogg was a voice. So was Madonna and David Bowie as well as many others! This movie the Blockbuster lady really pushed me to buy. She told me "if you get one movie, make sure this is it" and of course I took it with a grain of salt. But I bought it just in case, she was right ha ha ha. It is a really good movie. Really, really good!
The Ant Bully, such a good DVD. Really good movie for the kids. And with a clear lesson to learn in the end! My boys loved this one.
Charlotte's Web! Oh man! I loved this book as a child. Loved the movie even more. And it was awesome to see the movie come to life in a real movie. Julia Roberts was the voice of Charlotte. She did such a great job! And that little Dakota Fanning girl is so cute! I have loved her since I saw her in the movie with Sean Penn, "I am Sam" The mouse btw, is too funny! : )
Anyway, those are some of my movie reviews as of late! I've been checking out Target.com and Blockbuster a bunch lately trying to get some idea of the movies that I will be bringing back with me the next time. We really enjoy watching movies in the evenings, as a nice way to relax, kick back with the family. And with rainy season and thunderstorms still expected in Chiba, the rain can make the satellite TV go out once in a while (not all the time though), so it's helpful to have a nice stash of movies, that way if we can't access our satellite due to the rains, we can still watch some good stuff. : )