Sorry you guys, the day of the BBQ, it was all so fun! So many people. So much to do. People to talk to. Plus the hubby and I took turns flipping the stuff on the grill, though he did most of it. Plus watching our two boys. And being a proper little hostess, meant I didn't have much time to take actual good pictures from that day! Ha ha ha! Although I did take some. So anyway, let me give you the run down of how our day went. The BBQ, was set to start at 1:00 pm. At 11:00 am, is when I started prepping all the food. Chopping the chicken, marinating it with the yakiniku sauce. Washing off the potatoes, and other various veggies. Slice bell peppers. Rinsing the corn off and flipping their husks back on, to protect them from the grill. I was busy. At noon, is when I went upstairs, took myself a quick shower, threw my face on and got changed and continued with cooking right up until they came. In this picture is the chicken that got a pretty nice marinating in the fridge for a few hours. The veggies stood in the sheet until they were thrown onto the grill.
Now I like sweet potatoes. Japanese people as a whole,are also quite fond on them. My husband on the other hand likes them, but he isn't necessarily in love with them either. It was against his better judgement to use them for today. But I insisted. Turns out, I was right. They were a hit! They were gone in no time. He was shocked! Ha ha ha! : )
With all of us living so close to Narita airport. And with many people working at Narita airport, or for an airline. One of our friends, she works at Narita airport. And her husband, who also joined us today. he is a big wig, high, high up manager for the customs in Japan. He is able to get so much stuff. They brought us this case of mangoes from Taiwan. We cut up about half of the case at the BBQ. But oh man where they good! So sweet, so delicious. He also told Noboru, if we ever want to bring anything to Japan, he will do the paper work on it. And push it through, no problem. Very nice family! : )
There were 10 kids in total. And immediately we had all 10 kids playing in the pool. Then bit by bit some got pooped out. So they changed clothes and swang on the swings. Or ate! Ha ha ha! Even Noah swam, but even he switched clothes after a while too. Branden and Aoi-kun and his sister Itsuki-chan were the last 3 kids playing in the water. If you see the 2 little girls way in the background. They are the little twins that also came to our Easter party. They are so cute! Their names are Mio-chan and Mao-chan. There mom is a pretty good friend of mine. And her husband is a pediatrician. They are an awesome family! I love when they come over!
We had so much food. It was nuts! And our BBQ grill is pretty big to begin with. But we actually had to grill this stuff and then the cheeseburgers and chicken went on afterwards. Boy were these ribs a hit! Ha ha ha! : )
Cheeseburgers, galore! Salad! They loved the chips and salsa. I didn't know if they would like it or not. But they loved the chips and salsa! Ha ha ha! : )
The corns, were done, now I buttered and salted and peppered mine. My friend was shocked. She had never buttered and salted corn. Not a common way to eat corn in Japan, I guess. But, she said it was so good. They all started buttering their corns and salting their corns, it was funny! They loved the corn that way! : )
Group photo of who showed up. But, I accidentally didn't take a picture of the other lady that was there, as well. There was 1 more lady there. Whoops! Here we have the pic of the husband and wife wearing the white tank tops. They are so cool and nice (they both work at Narita airport)! We found out that that couple and Noboru and I are all exactly the same age, lol. Then Asako-san, in the blue shirt (the twins mom, she went to uni in Hawaii). Rie-san in the hat and black jeans and hat (she used to be a flight attendant for ANA)! Phew, I hope I mentioned everybody, ha ha ha! : )
So many cars, they had to take up space in the street. I worried the neighbors would bitch about it, but none of them were home and the ones that were home didn't mind in the least! Phew! : )
Branden brought out his kabuto mushis. Many of these kids have their own, especially since we live in the country side. But nonetheless, they all liked looking at them.
Even Noah got in on the action and looked! Ha ha ha! : )
This was some of the things they brought for the BBQ. Of course the giant case of mangoes as well. But one lady, brought homemade cookies, and homemade berry tarts. Another mom brought some really nice teas. And another brought some Blueberry juice from Canada. I think that also came from the family whose husband is a customs head at Narita. All in all, it wasn't about who brought yummy goodies or not, although everybody did. It was about having a good day. A delicious BBQ, and spending it with friends. Good friends. Real friends. Now I hope that doesn't sound hokey, if so, so be it! But, just having a good relaxing day at home, kicking back with some friends, and enjoying some good eats! It was a pretty right on day! We will totally be having more BBQ's and more get togethers in the future! The feeling is just so awesome! Be around such good people, and funny as hell to hang with! : )
PS and this awesome day made me reflect on something. ( now,I think back on high school fondly.) I have heaps of friends from that time, but I also remember how trivial some people could be. Some people enjoyed being hateful. Being cruel to others seemed to be the only thing that could make them happy or give them a since of worth, by taking someone else down a notch or two. Talking trash about people they would be jealous of in school. So much back stabbing. Two faced people. I hated people like that. I always have. I swear those people grew up and must be the same exact way, but as adults. I've never been into getting into that whole. "okay let's every body all, hate X-girl or such and such girl" type attitude (usually stems from jealousy.) I can certainly make up my own mind, if I want to be a friend with someone or not. Although women can be meaner/crueler then men. I just thought today after the BBQ, how nice it is to meet, nice normal adults. Nice wonderful people, who could give a shit less, about that petty stupid stuff. I guess I must just be in a really good place in my life. I have good friends! Down right wonderful friends actually! Having real "true blue" friends, really is something I place a high value on! Anyway I could be babbling, who cares. But I am glad I have a good circle of friends to enjoy my life with and family as well! And I think after knowing one or two hateful spiteful two-faced people in my life, gives me a greater appreciation for the wonderful true friendships, I have now! Okay I better stop babbling. He he! But the BBQ, was awesome, you guys! : )