Friday, July 20, 2007

Getting ready for our "Natsu Matsuri", a bit of fishing and swimming class, wow what a Friday! Ha ha ha! : )


All mom's and about 4 or so dad's who could come, all came to the school this morning at 9:00 am. We were setting up for tomorrows school summer festival/Natsu matsuri. I went to help, of course. Noboru had off today, he was going to stay home with the boys. However, he showed up with the boys at the school after I was already there for about an hour. Nice surprise! The red box with flowers is what I made this morning. I cut out the red construction paper, taped it up to the box. And taped flowers to it. Taped balloons to the box as well. I actually had a great time decorating that box. Ha ha ha. I also decorated quite a few other things as well. But everyone helped, everyone did their fair share of work. And it was all very fun, relaxed happy atmosphere, so I really enjoyed myself.

This was just a bare table with balloons taped on it and they asked me to finish it up with my good friend Rie-san. So, we both taped those red and pink plastic streamers to the table. And then a few other mom's joined us and we all arranged and taped the flowers on there as well.


That's obviously Noboru there, he joined us all and he made a few balloons. Which was great because I absolutely detest making balloon animals. Ha ha ha, sorry but I do! : )

All of the mom's at our kindergarten did so much work. The whole thing came out looking really super! I can't wait until tomorrow at 3:00 pm when it all starts! : )

Around noon we left the yochien. And we ran to the local shop to get some fishing things. No, not fishing with a pole, but rather fishing with a trap. Fishing with a bottle actually. Noboru had been really wanting to take the boys to go and catch some fish this way. And so today we did that. Boy was he happy about it! Ha ha ha! : ) Inside this bottle is fish food.

Wow, what a murky looking canal! Ha ha ha! : )

We threw the bottle/trap in the canal, tied the bottle with string to the bridge and we went home, had lunch, got Branden changed into his swimming stuff and we headed to the swim school. We were wondering...."did we catch anything" We were pretty excited!
Branden ready for Friday's swimming lesson!


Noah, ready to play with his buddies at the swim school!


We have this set of stroller hooks in the car to hang the boys headphones. Branden, playfully took one down, pretending to be a pirate. "Aye there matey!" Ha ha ha! Silly kids! Bless their little hearts! : )


Noah, zonked out. Can't really say I blame him. He had been on the go all day long. No time for even a nap. He slept at the swim school for about 30 minutes. He was really tired. But then he woke up and played with his friends. They were waiting! : )


Now the car was pure excitement. We were trying to guess what we actually caught! Did we catch shrimp? Crayfish? Regular fish or what! Non stop guessing, until we parked the car. We all hopped out and looked! Just fish! Ha ha ha, that's all we caught. But we caught a whole bunch!


These aren't fish to eat or anything like that and we knew that from the beginning. These were fish to catch for fun. We have boys and boys like doing these types of things! This week, we will catch frogs around the yard as well! We never keep them longer, then to spend one night at our house. They stay over night on our porch and the boys get to get a good look at them and see their gills open and close. Their tails swishing back and forth. It's really a nice thing for these 2 country boys to get to do. And we always bring the fish or frogs right back to where we caught them. We release them back.

This small country bridge and thin one lane road. Little canal and endless green rice fields. Talk about living way out in the middle of nowhere, ha ha ha! I actually really love it though! : )

A slightly blurry pic, I know, I'm sorry about that. But we were driving quickly down the road with a bucket of a few fish in the back of the car. These vibrant green fields, always put me in awe! I'm sorry if this sounds a bit corny, but so be it. However, I always think, how beautiful Japan really is when I see this view. This is the Japan that I love! : )


See this small green frog on my back terrace? Well, I see frogs everywhere where I live. I swear to you, that I secretly must live at the actual "headquarters for frogs" ha ha ha, seriously though! It's frog city around here! I saw about 5 this morning on the front lawn. Whenever I step on the grass, actual green things jump out as we walk. And yup, you've guessed it, they are frogs! I see them sleeping, like "dead asleep" on my front porch. I let them sleep and don't bother them but sheesh! They are everywhere! Ha ha ha. My friend has told me they could be poisonous. I'm not sure but just in case, I am not crazy about the boys touching them, but they love picking them up! Ha ha ha! One jumped on my back patio kitchen sliding door/window and it scared the living daylights out of me. He came out of nowhere and just hopped in front of me as I was looking out the window.


We only brought back 4 fish with us. We didn't want to be greedy. We released the others right back. We figure 4 is enough for the boys to get a good look at. After they looked at them, we put the fish on the front porch since it's cooler there. They will stay the night out there but we will send them back home to their little fishy families tomorrow morning ASAP. : )


Our country boys, thoroughly enjoying their life in the country side, ha ha ha! : )


Last picture has to go to the fish! But of course! Ha ha ha! Anyway, it was a long busy day. But a nice and happy one at that! Have a good night everyone! : )