Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Catching up a bit here! : )



Our quiet Saturday: So on Saturday the typhoon was indeed pushed back a day. And was now supposed to hit the Chiba area on Sunday instead. So, Saturday was a quiet day. A gray looking day, with rain showers off and on, where I live throughout the day. And by the evening the rain had stopped completely. In the afternoon, we hit the local small shopping mall and bought both of the boys their sandals to go with their jinbeis, that they will be wearing next Saturday for the yochien festival, that Branden's school is having. We got home and Noboru played with the boys in the living room while I prepared dinner. As usual, nothing fancy shmancy. Chicken karaage, rice, and I stir fried some spinach with a little margarine and salt and pepper, versus boiling it until it looks gray. I prefer the flavor of spinach this way and both the kids and hubs love it as well. Salad with the usual goma dressing. And some fresh fruit of course, and today it was watermelon. Quick, easy and pretty yummy, if I don't say so myself. Ha ha ha. : )

Good conversations throughout dinner. Plenty of laughs.


Noboru filled the dishwasher. Meanwhile I got the bath started and the boys cleaned up. Noboru jumped in the shower afterwards. And then we all found ourselves downstairs for the rest of the night watching TV. Some really good movies actually. Munching popcorn and Reece's Pieces and some sodas. Noah zonked out first as usual (predictable Noah ha ha ha) and it was just a pretty good night. No complaints. : )

Sunday morning. We all woke up around 9:00 am. I got the coffee going right away and preheated the oven. With the typhoon looming. I thought it would be a great day/morning to enjoy our cinnamon rolls.


There's something quite nice about a family of 4 all sitting in the living room, come Sunday morning. Boys were sitting with their cinnamon rolls and milk. Noboru and I sat sipping our coffees and eating our rolls. He tracked the weather online every once in a while. Didn't seem too bad here where we live. They must have totally downgraded the typhoon. It was just like your average typical rainy day around here. And I've seen some bad typhoons before, yet it didn't seem like that at all, come Sunday. We were relieved. Noboru left to work in the afternoon, unfortunately but we had a pretty nice day at home. I helped Branden with his writing in English for only about 20 minutes. And then after that Branden, Noah and I played 2 rounds of Candyland that was a blast. The rain still persisted but it wasn't too horrible. I made chili cheese dogs for lunch. And for dinner, we had so much karaage and stuff leftover in the fridge, that we basically had the same thing we had for dinner the night before (except I fried the chicken fresh tonight since it was still in the batter all night long). With the small change of, we had corn on the cob tonight versus spinach like we had the night before. But we also had watermelon and everything else. We all got washed up in the tub again. And then we just sorta lazed around enjoying our night of TV. No school tomorrow because it's a holiday here in Japan. Marine Day or something like that.


Monday, was quiet as usual. Noboru had to work. Although mostly everyone had off with it being a holiday here in Japan. But since he works for an American company, he has to work Japanese holidays (although he gets off most American holidays so I don't mind so much). I let the boys play outside all day long in the backyard. They came in for lunch. And then after that we all took a very nice afternoon snooze. When we woke up, I brought out the big box of crayons and put down the dinner mats and let them crayon some pictures and just be a bit creative, meanwhile I was busy cooking dinner.


Tuesday: Branden's last day of school and a half day at that! Meaning no obento to make. He took the school bus to school. But we picked him up at school and as a sorta reward for a "job well done" or "glad you are finished and let's bring on summer" so we took the boys to Mc Donald's. I had the grilled chicken sandwich and the salad with goma dressing. Large iced tea. The kids played with their Shrek toys from their happy meals. And then we went home. So no more obento making for a long while or waking up so early until September now. Yippy! Three cheers, Huray! : )


Wednesday. We all snoozed in and I didn't roll outta bed until 9:00 am. So nice not having to wake up at 7:00 am. Very nice feeling actually! I lazed around in my nightgown/night shirt and drank hot caramel machiatto and watched CNN on the couch. I felt really snoozy and lazy all morning. Nice to relax for a change, versus being on " super go, go, go mode since 7:00 am" like I usually have to. The kiddos had Lucky Charms cereal (well because their magically delicious, right?, lol!) and toast. I had another hot coffee. We then ran to the city of Narita and we went grocery shopping. I got about 6 or 7 nights worth of food again. Geeze we go through loads of food around here, oh well! He he! So many drinks, it was just nuts! And we loaded up the car and I ran back home. Unloaded the car with the boys. Put the groceries into the fridge and wherever else. Made everyone some sandwiches. And then we hit swimming class. With kids and a bagful of snacks in tow. We enjoyed our afternoon there. I have a very good friend, that I really like that goes on Wednesday's too. Her name is Kaya-san. Though I've probably misspelled it. She's Japanese, but she speaks English really really well. Her son Natsuki goes to the same yochien B, does. And the kids are friends and so are we. She is very funny and I always look forward to seeing her on Wednesdays. We were laughing about something today so hard! My face must have turned pink! But I do have a good time chatting with her on Wednesdays. It's a hoot! She really cracks me up. So, anyway after swimming class. And ice creams were bought. I got the boys loaded up in the minivan. And we drove home. Noboru works the 4:00 pm to midnight shift today. So, he missed swim school with us. And he missed supper with us as well. Poor guy : ( He's phoned and asked if there might be anything left for him when he gets home, and I told him "but of course!" ha ha ha. So anyway. I made dinner obviously. Loaded the dishwasher and now we are about to head upstairs and get showered, soaped and shampooed up a storm! And then just enjoy the rest of our night.
Good night everyone, sleep well! : )