Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Today's "to do list", finish the attic!



I'm sure everyone on the planet is having a more interesting week them me. Ha ha ha, which I really don't mind. All week this week is for rearranging, purging, and cleaning up. The 3rd floor, meaning the attic and the second floor. It's not in a bad state to begin with, like I said. But heck, it needs to get done every once in a while. That go beyond my regular weekly cleaning stuff. See this white truck? Well he's a godsend and let me tell you why. Like I said in Japan getting rid of stuff can be a nightmare. Because each city or town has their own trash rules or how you can get rid of trash. Say for example, We throw our regular burnable trash twice a week. But where I *used* to live, it was 3 times a week. And for throwing big stuff like fridges or TV's that can be nearly impossible to trash. It can be done yes, but it won't be easy. Not that I have a fridge to get rid of but, you know what I mean. Anyway, we have an extra TV we were not using. It's sat in the shed and so, it was time to just get rid of it. And we also had a stereo system that we brought from when we lived in the US together and, it's been lugged everywhere. And finally it sat in our attic just taking up space. So again we said let's just get rid of it. Here's where the white truck guy comes in. He drives around our neighborhood and with a speaker system, he talks about how he will take off your hands any TV's or stereos or anything electronics basically. He takes it for free of course. But still it helps because it saves us having to get rid of it, on our own. Noboru jumped outside and waved him down, he stopped. We gave him the TV that worked. And the stereo system that worked and had a 3 CD disc changer on it. Noboru being as nosy as I am, asked the guy what do you do with this stuff? He said, he sells it to a place. And then they send them overseas. So that was that, I guess. Anyway back to work for us! : )


I put everything Easter in one plastic, easy to see through box. And put the lid on.


I put everything Halloween in another see through box. And stacked them into the attic.


All of Branden's artwork and stuff he has made at school, I am saving in one big plastic container. He will *love* seeing this stuff someday when he is all grown up, I am sure. Yup I am the memory keeper and storer! Ha ha ha!


This box still has over half the room left. So it will be more then enough until he completes yochien I am sure. : )

This plastic storage box is filled with his yochien clothes he no longer needs. Since he attended a different yochien his first year. I made sure to pack his little straw hat from that school, his little backpack and hats and even his yochien shoes that mommy made sure to have stitched with Thomas on them. He really will get a kick out of looking at all this stuff when he's bigger. : )


I'm happy, I have half the box, still empty, that way when he finishes with yochien next year, I can clean and pack away all his little uniforms, he is wearing now and put them into this box. Okay you guys.....I am officially becoming my mother! Ha ha ha, seriously this is exactly how my mom is. Oh my! Ha ha ha : )


This is my little Christmas corner I have in my attic. Everything here is for Christmas. It's easy for me to know what's where. Most everything is in plastic storage boxes. Except the trees. I have a few Christmas trees. One big one. One small one and one small advent one. And they can't fit into the plastic storage boxes at all, I tried. So they will stay safe in the cardboard boxes. Oh and the candy cane lights couldn't fit into the plastic boxes either. Oh well, but everything is pretty well arranged.


Okay, this might look a bit messy but I rearranged it better and it looks way better now. The thing in the white plastic bag is my wedding dress. I won't ever throw that away. I also have plastic boxes of clothes, whether they be stuff B outgrew, that Noah will get when he grows into that age. Or my winter clothes or Noboru's winter clothes. But everything is packed up against the wall, in a line or little make shift perimeter. Suitcases with suitcases inside of all those suitcases. And I have them in a nicer neater formation now. Then in the pic. An old fashioned looking stereo, but it has a CD player on it, it's new. My mom gave this to me and I refuse to part with it yet.


Mostly everything is in a plastic box and sealed with lid obviously, easy to see through box. All size 4T clothing is all in one box. And all 3T's in another box and same with 2T's. Everything is pretty well organized actually. All my winter stuff fit in 2 boxes. And so on. Was a lot of work for me and absolutely no fun at all! Ha ha ha! : )


A box of pictures and my high school yearbooks and diplomas and stuff all packed in yet another box. Phew and sheesh! Just a lot of rearranging done by me this week. Noboru helped too though.


You can see the Panda box and that is where my Christmas corner is. And I can tell you, I wiped down all the wood flooring in our attic. So not a dot of dust was left. Although it wasn't dusty to begin with. Not a cob web or spider lives there, I know that 100% sure. Shoot, it's so clean up there. And there is an air exchanger up there. So it is cool up there and very very dry up there and mold won't grow there especially with the central air con in the house. The size of the attic is small as most attics are. It's 6 tatami in size. but it's more then enough for us. Besides I never really ever let it get too cluttered to begin with. But shoot, it was some freaking hard work this week and it's not even half done. Now I gotta do the second floor. Sigh.



Everything got a good and proper wiping. Oh man, what a week, what a week!


Now that the 3rd floor or attic is done. We had time to have a nice relaxing lunch. Noboru had chicken cutlet and rice and miso soup. And I had a ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. Chips and fresh fruit. International couple eating our own comfort foods for lunch! Ha ha ha, how typical! Then I took myself a 5 minutes shower to get cleaned up from all ther work that had been done today. And then I walked down the street to go pick up Branden from the bus stop. Made supper and then finally for the first time of the day, got a chance to really relax at night. It's not going to be an easy peasy week that is for darned sure. Ha ha ha. Oh well. : )