Okay, obviously I shared this pic on the post down below as well. But yes, today is really the day. We've been packed since yesterday. So, this morning was really easy. I got B ready and dressed for school as usual. He ate breakfast. I didn't have to make obento today, since he just has a half day today. He will come home around 11:45 am. And we have to drop him back off at the school at 2:30 pm. That's where the oldest class is meeting up and will take their bus to their destination. I think the bus leaves at 3:00 pm this afternoon. How am I feeling? I am feeling pretty good about it. I am not so worried about it. I know Branden is a pretty good little guy. He is behaved and he listens, so I think he will do just fine. He'll have a great time. I'm not going to worry myself to death. Or at least I'll try not to, ha ha ha. I have been speaking so positively about this trip with Branden, he is actually not dreading it at all. He is looking forward to it. He is a bit worried about the food. He does try everything but he is a bit worried. So that is our only worry. I figure if I am peppy and upbeat about the trip, he will be too. And if I were all crying and sobbing my eyes out and telling Branden all sorts of worries, he could be in a panic state right now. I have only told him positive stuff. Like, "wow Branden you get to have fun with your friends and bath and play with them and all have a sleep over with them, what fun" "I wish I could go" "wow you are going to have FUN" He is just really looking forward to it. So, I hope he stays that way. Ha ha ha! I'll let you all know how it goes after I drop him off! And of course I think it goes without saying, I am sure there will be a few kids crying or whatnot, but I don't in any means think it has anything to do with how their mom's spoke about the trip at all either. Sometimes kids are just scared. I think everyone knows what I mean though here. : ) I am just trying my best and trying to stay really positive and I just hope it works. Here's to hoping at least! : )
Noboru has the night shift tonight. So he will be working from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. So, I will be without Noboru and I will be without my Branden. It will be just Noah and I all night long.
I have a hair appointment booked at 3:15 pm today. Just 15 minutes after Branden leaves on the bus for his trip. I am getting my hair straightened again. That Japanese thermal reconditioning thing. I get it done twice a year. As do quite a few of my western friends who live in Japan as well. Because for many westerners (not all though), our hair turns to frizz in the summer. Why is that, really? Anyway, with rainy season underway, I thought it would be a great time to do it. Plus Noboru only has to watch 1 child versus 2. The results are amazing, but it takes about 3 hours! My butt turns as flat as a pancake, after sitting in the hair chair for that long! Ha ha ha.
After my hair appointment, I think I will go and rent Noah and I, 2 DVD's. I'll rent us some funny comedies. And I am even thinking about going and ordering Noah and I, a pizza. Yes after typing this, I will *totally* be ordering us a pizza for our dinner tonight. That way, it turns into a sorta fun night. A pizza and DVD night. Not a sad, thinking about my son, and counting the minutes and whatnot. Ha ha ha. I am sure, I will think of him during the night of course. But I know he is having fun and so I will try my best to have fun too. : )
PS, about our family trip we are taking. And yet another reason why, I have been so busy lately.
We are leaving in a few days. We are leaving on Monday, July 2nd. And we won't return for a week. We will return July 8th, Sunday night very very late. We wanted to go for 2 reasons. First reason is we wanted to spend the 4th of July, in the America and actually enjoy festivities and fireworks and stuff. Heck we are teaching the kids both holiday ways, Japanese holidays and also American ones. So, we really wanted to spend American Independence day there. Also, Noah's birthday is July 7 th. We wanted to share Noah's birthday with my dad. We had asked Mitsuko to join us, since she can use Noboru's flight benefits too, but unfortunately she wasn't able to swing it this time. So, at least this way Noah can spend it with one grandparent at least. Besides we will be going to Osaka in August, so we will see them then. Our neighbors, 3 households are watching and keeping a good eye on our house for us. And believe me nothing gets past these ladies. They are always outside hanging clothes or what have you. Even the slightest creak and they peek out the window. Ha haha. So we are all good with that. Ha ha ha : )
So, you can imagine all this week I was busy with regular stuff, like running Branden to swimming class and stuff, house cleaning etc. Besides my sewing projects and getting Branden ready for this little overnight trip. Friday/today B goes on his first ever overnight trip, Saturday we pick up Branden. Sunday is my only day and time I have to pack for our, week long trip to Guam. So I actually might be running like a chicken with my head cut off on Sunday. And on Monday we leave. So, anyway if I have been a bit quiet, now you all know why. Things are just sorta crazy lately around here. And even now. : )